Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Are there any advantages, or a difference with running the 67mm driveshafts with the plastic hubs vs the 65mm?
Old 02-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
That makes sense. However, my issue is that the 6.1 kit will come standand with a gear diff; and, I will need the optional ball diff for my track conditions.
If you have a B6 currently, just use your ball diff from it. I believe they are a direct fit into the 6.1.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

LOOKS GOOD. I'LL BE BUYING ONE. wonder if the aluminum hubs will transfer over form the 6
Old 02-10-2018, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdwaeracer
LOOKS GOOD. I'LL BE BUYING ONE. wonder if the aluminum hubs will transfer over form the 6
Yes
Old 02-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PerryCodes
So wait... why wouldn't you just buy the B6.1D which comes standard with the ball diff? Or perhaps you're saying that you want the ability to switch back and forth between gear and ball...?
The D comes with a "Lay Back" diff case. Don't want that for our high traction indoor clay track.

Also thinking that the B6 ball diff won't likely transfer over to the B6.1 due to what appears to be a complete redesign of the tranny.

Last edited by Still Bill; 02-10-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
The D comes with a "layback" diff case. Don't want that for our high traction indoor clay track.
Diff is more expensive than trans case get the dirt and put laydown in it.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
Diff is more expensive than trans case get the dirt and put laydown in it.
Would want a gear diff setup for carpet racing anyway. Looking forward to another trip to 702 Raceway and/or the IOCC in Vegas.

Plus, the B6.1 comes with f/r anti-roll bars...B6.1D doesn't.

Last edited by Still Bill; 02-10-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Looks like there's a new thread for the 6.1....Good time for me to bow out and let someone else handle first page duties. I'll take over when the B7 comes out in 2 weeks. Buddha out!
TC5Driven and chadp like this.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Looks like there's a new thread for the 6.1....Good time for me to bow out and let someone else handle first page duties. I'll take over when the B7 comes out in 2 weeks. Buddha out!
Exactly why do we need a new thread????
Old 02-10-2018, 03:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC5Driven
Exactly why do we need a new thread????
We probably don't need to, but I'll let the mods decide.

I can make some updates if they decide to keep 6.1 info within this thread. Probably would need a re-title as well.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think they would benefit by keeping this thread. If you look at the YZ2 and XB2 forums, they don't have separate forums for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 versions. The B6.1 series is essentially an update just like the other brands are doing. This would cut down on confusion and give people one place for all you B6 series related questions and suggestions. Just my two cents.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anyone know if the final drive ratio is the same from B6 to B6.1?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
1/4milecrazy you come on here calling people names and degrading them all because they have an opinion, or ideas different than yours, which I guess is typical of today's society. I did not put what I do for a living on here wanting or needing your approval or trying to impress you or anyone else, it was to make a point which you evidently missed. I do not want to get into a pissing contest with you or anyone else on here as it is meant as an outlet for a hobby we all enjoy, and have fun doing, no matter what different views or ides people may have.
I dont either. But you seriously cant come on here criticizing me for criticizing others. ||Its the same story EVERY single time a new car comes out, people want A, B and C and AE gives us B and lets those who need A and B acquire it on their own because the other half of the country needs B, D and E.

I welcome ALL different ideas and THAT is what my post is about in the first place. That AE gives us a basic car and lets us buy the parts we need/want and not give us a car that has a bunch of crap that is popular on one coast more than the other.

Like everyone complaining about a fan mount location. How many people run this car in mod and dont run fans? Why should AE design a car around one class? It gets old. Having been around the hobby I would think you have seen the trend of crying over the the old car not being good enough but the new car not being exactly what THEY want. I see people still complaining about there not being a rear motor option. It just gets old after a while. And then you throw in your life experience at me and then say you weren't trying to impress anyone. This is not a pissing contest. I made a comment and you attacked me over it. At least that's how I saw it.
Lonestar and jabroni racing like this.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BTW I already got two pre-ordereed at the LHS, a .1 and a .1D, Ill decide when they come in.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MX304
Anyone know if the final drive ratio is the same from B6 to B6.1?
Both are 2.60. Went looking for that first thing.
MX304 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.