Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigChris in PA
So do I, the MIP 16041 lets you do that.

Thanks for your input but please let someone with this setup answer my question.
Originally Posted by Scott R
wow dude, eat a snickers.
I would have told to eat something else, not a snickers.

BigChris, Scott was trying to help you out. I could probably easily tell you what is wrong, but I dont care to because of your mouth. Have fun trying to figure it out.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

He didn't say or do anything wrong to be honest. He simply stated that he would like someone with the same setup to answer instead of someone without knowledge of the exact same setup. He didn't name call or be rude in any way. In fact he even thanked for the input. And yes he did try and help but he was apparently unaware that you could use gear diffs with the MIP setup so he was giving input on something he didn't even know you could do.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LVNeptune
He didn't say or do anything wrong to be honest. He simply stated that he would like someone with the same setup to answer instead of someone without knowledge of the exact same setup. He didn't name call or be rude in any way. In fact he even thanked for the input. And yes he did try and help but he was apparently unaware that you could use gear diffs with the MIP setup so he was giving input on something he didn't even know you could do.
He didnt name call, you're right. But just because someone doesn't run that exact same set up doesn't mean they dont know the answer.

So since I don't run gear diffs with my pucks, even though I am pretty sure I know whats wrong, I won't tell him the solution to his problem.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Rear Hubs??

Ok finally started my B6d build and I am wondering about rear hubs ?
Is there a newer version aluminum rear hub for the B6 buggies that racers are using or should I just vulture them off my B5M
Old 11-01-2016, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've reached out to the folks at MIP regarding this, and borrowed some pics from that ppt to use here for illustration purposes.

Here is a comparision of the driveshafts, MIP vs AE

Here is a pick showing the dogbone ears with the suspension at full extension. While this is IMO less than ideal it's not where the problem occurs as others have alluded too.

Here is where the engagement issue presents itself. This is with the rear suspension half way compressed.

This last on is self explanatory.

For those who are wondering:
Old 11-01-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Are the stock hubs that bad??
Old 11-01-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
i broke the insert this past weekend after probably 1000 laps....
Old 11-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
Ok finally started my B6d build and I am wondering about rear hubs ?
Is there a newer version aluminum rear hub for the B6 buggies that racers are using or should I just vulture them off my B5M
http://www.schelleracing.com/Schelle...-Black-SCH1234
Old 11-01-2016, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
He didnt name call, you're right. But just because someone doesn't run that exact same set up doesn't mean they dont know the answer.

So since I don't run gear diffs with my pucks, even though I am pretty sure I know whats wrong, I won't tell him the solution to his problem.
This is now the Tamiya Mini Cooper thread? Granpa V 2.0...?
Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Stock hubs

Originally Posted by Cain
They just don't have the adjustability or the durability the aluminum hubs have , I prefer to adjust the camber link on the hub instead of the ball stud holder
Old 11-01-2016, 08:34 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Picked up some of the new schelle b6 hubs and they're really nice.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

PSA

Tech support at MIP states:

"Gear diff outdrives not compatible with bi-metal 17.5 drive system. Only roller pucks are compatible with gear diff, which are a different length"
freezeframe007 likes this.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Hey guys.. I just raced my B6 this past weekend and did pretty well with it. I have two questions and please forgive me if this was already covered.

1. How many of you seal your CF parts and chassis? I never have before and my front shock tower cracked.

2. I had the rear driver side doggone pop out twice and was wondering what can be done to fix it? Shimming towards the hub or limiters in the shocks?

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Hey guys.. I just raced my B6 this past weekend and did pretty well with it. I have two questions and please forgive me if this was already covered.

1. How many of you seal your CF parts and chassis? I never have before and my front shock tower cracked.

2. I had the rear driver side doggone pop out twice and was wondering what can be done to fix it? Shimming towards the hub or limiters in the shocks?

Thanks!
I have broke 4 front towers and 2 rear tower....never had a bone pop out. Neither pucks, nor kits bones. So, I assume something is wrong with your build.....

As far as the towers go, sanding removes the sharp edges and should let the tower slide more and "catch" less. This helps to reduce the force on the tower. As far as CA goes....the top of the tower is not perfectly smooth, you can fell the ridges. sanding should also remove these, but the CA just adds a little more protection. Does the CA help the tower last longer? Unsure, but it does not hurt.....
Old 11-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
i broke the insert this past weekend after probably 1000 laps....
Originally Posted by Johnn27
They just don't have the adjustability or the durability the aluminum hubs have , I prefer to adjust the camber link on the hub instead of the ball stud holder
thanks for the heads up. I have what i think are the latest schelle hubs here so may put those on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.