Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
One more pro you forgot, it's kicks every other 4wd buggy's tail.
Thank you sir. LOl

Originally Posted by snwchris
You really don't need Alum Shock caps... I'm still on the stocks ones from last September.

Yes, some parts are hard to find right now, depending on what parts are needed. I was lucky enough to find parts at another online store when the typical Amain or Tower didn't have them.

The car flat out performs and performs well.
I like that my one setup so far works at 3 different tracks, that's a huge plus in my book.
Thank you sir. And I like the one setup is great info to here.

Originally Posted by iScream
I generally agree with your responses but pretty strongly disagree on this one. I believe the aluminum shock caps are a needed upgrade but only on the front.

The biggest problem I had with my D413 was the shocks popping off the front tower at the front. And the more it happens, the more it happens. Then that was turning into frequently breaking the shock eyelets where they mount to the arm. Since I added the aluminum shock caps on the front this problem seems to be gone.

The one other D413 at our track has had the same problem. I had to give him my last spare shock eyelet last race so he could continue racing.

-Chris
Alum. caps fronts.. Thanx for that info

I will ad the Shock Eyelets to my CONS. Thank you
Sound like a must have.

Thank you guys I'm trying to get info on both this buggy and the xray.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My son is running his original shock caps too. I think it is partly due to the types of tracks we run on: no carpet, medium grip, no huge jumps....and he is a great driver and doesn't crash much.

Thank you all for steering the comments back on the right course. Makes a mod's job a bit easier.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eddiemoney13
Who's running a 13.5 in their D413? Would like to know what gearing you're running with the stock spur. Thanks.
I'm going to be running a 13.5 class and from what I've gleaned from this thread is 34 to 32 tooth pinion with the stock spur. I'll know more once I start testing. If the 13.5 motors all had similar KV ratings (or actually listed KV) it would be much easier to pick gearing. It seems that some manufacturers want to keep KV ratings a mystery.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm my opinion too many people bench race kv ratings. While it's nice to be able to compare apples to apples on the track testing is where you'll find that sweet spot in the motor with gearing and timing. The 13.5 in blinky has been perfect on some of the smaller indoor tracks in Norcal. I haven't installed the Exotek center spur yet to try the 68 as the kit 72 has given me the gearing range for 13.5 and I know it will be killer in mod. Note to Socal racers......I will be running some ponies at OCRC so I apologize in advance for any hacks.....hahaha. so far I've seen the Tekin, Team Powers, and Reedy motors to be pretty fast at local tracks. We can all help with gearing on here but that gearing means nothing without a good setup. Let's get everyone up to speed and laughter at the bickering guys "USE" to do :-P
Old 05-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm my opinion too many people bench race kv ratings. While it's nice to be able to compare apples to apples on the track testing is where you'll find that sweet spot in the motor with gearing and timing. The 13.5 in blinky has been perfect on some of the smaller indoor tracks in Norcal. I haven't installed the Exotek center spur yet to try the 68 as the kit 72 has given me the gearing range for 13.5 and I know it will be killer in mod. Note to Socal racers......I will be running some ponies at OCRC so I apologize in advance for any hacks.....hahaha. so far I've seen the Tekin, Team Powers, and Reedy motors to be pretty fast at local tracks. We can all help with gearing on here but that gearing means nothing without a good setup. Let's get everyone up to speed and laughter at the bickering guys "USE" to do :-P
I would like to do some drags on the straight at LSR to see which wheeler has the most get up and go out the friday night group. I'm not a bragger by any means but I'd feel pretty confident in that regard. If I can keep the tires hooked up that is haha. Hoping for a decent turnout friday night at LSR with NCRL being at Nor Cal to run our D413s (keeping it related to the topic) and maybe bounce setups off each other.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Wait were you there a month or two ago with a blue D413 and broke a front shock shaft? If so I had the orange D413 it was my first trip out.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wasn't me.....I breaks hearts not shock shafts......lol. Won't be there this friday. I'll be there the following week though.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
What makes my responses a "Jerk move"? And the thing about not having to look at the first page made me laugh.
In your opinion every question should be answered in the first post.... how about the fact the first post is only maintained by one person? So if others may have figured out a different way to do things or rec'd different results It goes unposted by the thread owner Unless they know about it or are bothered to update it.

Nobody asked you to respond to a question. YOU CHOSE TO. You also chose to make a smart @$$ comment about it When you could have just answered and left it alone. So don't play the victim.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone using the smaller front wheel hexes finding the wheel binding in the hex? I have torn apart the front end a few times and dont see any issues. When I run the 12mm I have no issues. Prob being i still have alot of outdoor tires on the smaller hex wheels. otherwise I would just run 12mm
Old 05-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

boom
http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
Old 05-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (98%+)

That is pretty sweet.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
DAM... nice work Avid
Now if only one or couple of these places would make Alum Shock Caps.
Avid.... Exotek.....
Old 05-13-2015, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm local to southern California and was wondering if anyone knows who carries parts in the area for this car? I live in an apartment and its kinda sketchy to order parts over the mail...
Old 05-13-2015, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What wheels and tires are people running on this beast? Anyone run the new 2.4 stuff from proline?
Old 05-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Besides using the HB wheels, most are using the 22-4 Fronts and 22 rears, since they are a little cheaper in price and direct fit on the hexes.

As for tires that really depends on your track or area. Best bet would be to visit your local track or tracks and see or ask what people like and what works.

The first page/post of thread has a lot of helpful information and tips as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.