Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joeyhatch11
Is this buggy able to fit a standard hardcase? Any mods to the chassis to be able to fit one maybe? I only ask because that's all I have and would hate to have to buy shorties for it.
shorties and saddles only. i don't think any of the modern 1/10 buggies fit a long pack anymore.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

won't one of brands (PL, Losi, ect...) Clamping Hexes work?
still assuming for the 12mm hex.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairless_ape
Why would you suggest 2wd to someone who's only doing speed runs? That's just asking for trouble. They can't drive to save their lives, that's why they do it.
I suggested 2wd cause originally he just said "speed runs" seems now it's more high speed bashing which I think he's on the right track with a buggy and with dual shorties on 4s will fly, were I live the guys who do just speed runs use 2wd specific drag cars or another guy uses a modified traxxas bandit with steel transmission gears and a 1/8th motor on 6s and it's crazy fast lol, but you can't really go and jump things with either of these which I guys this guy is chasing also.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jpm1
I suggested 2wd cause originally he just said "speed runs" seems now it's more high speed bashing which I think he's on the right track with a buggy and with dual shorties on 4s will fly, were I live the guys who do just speed runs use 2wd specific drag cars or another guy uses a modified traxxas bandit with steel transmission gears and a 1/8th motor on 6s and it's crazy fast lol, but you can't really go and jump things with either of these which I guys this guy is chasing also.
Yep, speed bashing, i call it speed racing runs!
I do not like dragster's!

I hope this D413 will fit my bill!

Peace!
Old 04-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by targetingxmod

Peace!
It should do for sure, you may just need a little stiffer spring in the rear to handle the extra weight of the 2 shorties, aside from that your good to go.

You may also want to look into getting closed cell foams for your tires also and some proline dirthawgs they will hold up to the high speeds better and on asphalt

Cheers Justin

Justin
Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
the kit comes with black anodized aluminum camber plates. the original design was made of carbon fiber but it kept breaking during testing so we switched to aluminum.
Thank you for all the support and info. I hope you are as excited for this kit to ship as we all are!

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Maybe the T.Deguzman should take it over?
I think he's busy enough we should be glad that he stops in to answe questions for us...

Originally Posted by Eric Summers
won't one of brands (PL, Losi, ect...) Clamping Hexes work?
I will be trying some to find something that works as clamping hex. I've got a sneaking suspicion that something will fit.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

was showing last night until i noticed this evening back up
to 5/5

and PS to baddassrevo, Happy Soon to be BirthDay
I know I looked again and it's back to May F--k that pisses me off. What is the big secret, why can't they tell us when they will be available..... Sorry about my rant it just irritates me to know end silly crap like this. I was so stoked about the baby wheeler I started shopping and gathering components last year. I'm getting real tired of the monkey business! I'm fine now I got that off my chest. LOL
Old 04-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by targetingxmod

Peace!
A 1/10 buggy isn't going do any real high speeds, they're too light. I've gone slightly over 100mph and it's harder than you would think. Check out some videos on youtube, search for Nic Case I think that's right, he did 188mph with a wild looking wedge. Big event and lot of folks got involved in that video. I know you're not trying to set a world record but a stock Vorza on 6s and foam tires should smoke a baby wheeler in a high speed run. By the way many moons ago I turned 102mph on a highly modified Traxxas Rustler. I'll have too look I think I still have a pic of the beast. lol
Old 04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
I know I looked again and it's back to May F--k that pisses me off. What is the big secret, why can't they tell us when they will be available..... Sorry about my rant it just irritates me to know end silly crap like this. I was so stoked about the baby wheeler I started shopping and gathering components last year. I'm getting real tired of the monkey business! I'm fine now I got that off my chest. LOL
I think at this point you might be able to guess close, but we have to remember that there can be delays. I have seen large hobby shipments verified to be docked, but customs had an issue on this or they needed clarification on that. I have also seen shipments clear so fast it was like customs never even looked at it. I just don't want to see too much stock put in a retailer's estimate and have a hitch somewhere in the process.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
I think at this point you might be able to guess close, but we have to remember that there can be delays. I have seen large hobby shipments verified to be docked, but customs had an issue on this or they needed clarification on that. I have also seen shipments clear so fast it was like customs never even looked at it. I just don't want to see too much stock put in a retailer's estimate and have a hitch somewhere in the process.
I understand how things go, I got excited about the 4/25 date making me think I can put it together for particular race then the next day my hopes were dashed. I got so pissed I canceled my order only to have my wife tell me that she had preordered one for me for my birthday. So I'll get one when ever. LOL It's all good now! By the way I received the esc today, it's a HobbyWing. Really nice, can't express how pleased I am with the quality and the price was real good too... If it performs nearly as good as it looks I'm in business!!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

can anyone suggest different shocks for this HB? mm in length front and rear?
for some reason plastic caps and i do not play well together.
All my KYO BB, AE BB and Serpent Alum.caps onto the shock bodies all went on so effortlessly.

i don't want to sound crass, but waiting (sometimes can be
fun)
Old 04-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

can anyone suggest different shocks for this HB? mm in length front and rear?
for some reason plastic caps and i do not play well together.
All my KYO BB, AE BB and Serpent Alum.caps onto the shock bodies all went on so effortlessly.

i don't want to sound crass, but waiting (sometimes can be
fun)
If you really think they would ship a cap that isn't going to work, and you can't wait for the official hop-up, the lengths on Tower are listed as 88mm and 100mm. Do you have issues with your Kyosho's even though they have plastic mounts in their caps? Kyosho Velvets are the best shocks I have built to date, and they seem like their measurements are in the same ballpark, so I would suggest those.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jones8352
A 1/10 buggy isn't going do any real high speeds, they're too light. I've gone slightly over 100mph and it's harder than you would think. Check out some videos on youtube, search for Nic Case I think that's right, he did 188mph with a wild looking wedge. Big event and lot of folks got involved in that video. I know you're not trying to set a world record but a stock Vorza on 6s and foam tires should smoke a baby wheeler in a high speed run. By the way many moons ago I turned 102mph on a highly modified Traxxas Rustler. I'll have too look I think I still have a pic of the beast. lol
Well, i got 1/16 and 1/14 on 4s and drive them very good, for the driving style i use!.

So a 1/10 should be a better plataform. Bigger!

I have a 5s 60c MM2 2200kv X-Ray 808e and it's to dam slow for me :P

And i am not searching for one pass world record speed. I empty the packs runing those speed bashing runs and motor & ESC are very warm to just hot, not thermal shutdown on the middle! That's what i want! :P

Anyway, 2 shorty's were i come on the D413. I will post a thread of the build 1 year from now, when i grab my hand on a second one! (that's all i buy my rc's, second hand)
Old 04-06-2014, 01:27 PM
pli
Tech Initiate

HB will release aluminum caps that work in conjunction with new shock upper mounts.
Awesome! I'm comforted

i put some black grease on the pin before installing it. the grease causes it to stick in place. i tried thread lock before and that works too but be very careful how much you put on - if you put too much it'll be extremely difficult to remove. if you opt with thread lock just put a tiny dab at the ends and make sure it doesn't come near the axle.
Another aspect of this is transportation. I usually transport my cars with wheels off, to save space in the hauler bag. While grease might keep the pins mostly in place when shifting wheels it doesn't feel optimal for transportation, and I'm not so keen on using thread lock there. A clamping hex or a set screw locking the pin would feel like a more robust solution.

Btw, thanks for keeping us informed. Your and Ty's presence here adds a lot of value to this car. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

subscribed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.