Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
There is alot of stuff still waiting to be processed because of the California dock strikes. Not just RC, it's affecting a lot of industries. They cant give you a straight answer because they really don't know.
Thanks Jack did not know that the strike was still going on.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

wild what I discovered last night! the 2014 Proline Cactus Classic video on youtube narrated by drake shows Gord Tessman trying to undo Ty's spring perches and he says "dang you dont have to use this much glue"! SO apparently it is a known problem and even Ty super glues his spring perches down!
Old 03-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

even without strike going on when I pre ordered, IT TOOK FOREVER!
I cant understand why you cant track a big @$$ shipping container on a slow moving ship via GPS or radar! Come on really!? It gets VERY old when they say "I have no idea!"
Old 03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
even without strike going on when I pre ordered, IT TOOK FOREVER!
I cant understand why you cant track a big @$$ shipping container on a slow moving ship via GPS or radar! Come on really!? It gets VERY old when they say "I have no idea!"
It not where the ship is or where the container is located. Knowing that isnt the problem. Its when will it be unloaded by the union that doesnt want to work and when will it clear customs when the union slowdown log jam finally breaks and everything comes pouring into customs at once.

When there arent labor issues at te dock the shipping is normally very predictable and fairly smooth. The place I work imports alot of stuff from overseas and 90% of the time when there is shipping a problem it a labor/union issue thats causing it.

Last edited by jhautz; 03-13-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What I heard last week is that the were settling the dispute but even at full pace there is a 6 week backlog.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

I doubt that hpi hb runs production of this kit everyday. They probably have a companies that make each component of this kit then it all the parts get picked and put in kits. Problem is they might only make parts for this buggy once a month or maybe even less then has to be shipped from China to North America.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jhautz
It not where the ship is or where the container is located. Knowing that is the problem. Its when will it be unloaded by the union that doesnt want to work and when will it clear customs when the union slowdown log jam finally breaks and everything comes pouring into customs at once.

When there arent labor issues at te dock the shipping is normally very predictable and fairly smooth. The place I work imports alot of stuff from overseas and 90% of the time when there is shipping a problem it a labor/union issue thats causing it.
Union wants to work ceo doesn't want to part with bigger profit margins. If these companies didn't export all of the production of their products to countries that treat the environment and people like crap for larger profit margins there wouldn't be the need to worry where a boat is. everyone want to blame the worker who wants a good wage but not the companies who don't want to pay them nor the companies who shipped the production overseas.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Strike was settled they just have to catch up not a slow process but in the day and age we live in containers have to be searched and checked out not like the days before 9-11 where they were put right on the truck and shipped out
Old 03-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Motts97
Union wants to work ceo doesn't want to part with bigger profit margins. If these companies didn't export all of the production of their products to countries that treat the environment and people like crap for larger profit margins there wouldn't be the need to worry where a boat is. everyone want to blame the worker who wants a good wage but not the companies who don't want to pay them nor the companies who shipped the production overseas.
Not blaming anyone. The point was it's not that they don't know where the shipment is, it's they don't know how long it will take to get it off the boat and onto truck.

Blame whoever you want. I personally don't care but you probably wouldn't buy a domestically manufactured product for twice as much as the imported one either. It's not that companies are sending the manufacturing overseas to make more money. They are doing it just to compete with the foreign companies importing into the US. Without going overseas to manufacture they would flat out sease to exist as people are buying the low cost item. If you want to blame someone, blame the US consumer.

Last edited by jhautz; 03-13-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

They do make more money that kit costs probably $25 tops to make electronics are different these are molded plastic and machined aluminum and carbon parts very cheap to produce there and not double here if not such high profit margins weren't sought. but you did say they don't want to work just pointing that out. I buy them and would either way but the whole double the cost thing is a myth created to help the consumer accept that his product is made in a factory that pollutes the atmosphere and treats their workers horribly so that they can recieve higher profits.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Also the competition in price is irrelevant with overseas products kyosho is and always was a foreign company as well as xray and both are more expensive
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

ok. sounds good.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for all the replies, it the "I have no idea"from distributor and hpi that really rub me the wrong way.If anyone of tuem would of said something about the strike,never would have posted.

Sorry for the hijack back to the car.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry as well
Old 03-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

I know when the car came out I pre ordered from tower
I gave up on it! It took FOREVER! It's an awesome car!
Well worth it! Another reason it takes long because it is still in such high demand!
I'll sale mine when tekno makes a 4wd buggy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.