Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motts97
They do make more money that kit costs probably $25 tops to make electronics are different these are molded plastic and machined aluminum and carbon parts very cheap to produce there and not double here if not such high profit margins weren't sought. but you did say they don't want to work just pointing that out. I buy them and would either way but the whole double the cost thing is a myth created to help the consumer accept that his product is made in a factory that pollutes the atmosphere and treats their workers horribly so that they can recieve higher profits.

How do you know for sure? Molds are not cheap and these are not toys r us cars that sell thousands upon thousands.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motts97
Sorry as well
nah, don't be sorry. no doubt jhautz put out the anti-union "they don't want to work" vibe and you just presented the other side. i, for one, appreciate your contribution. yeah, it sucks when these things effect our hobby, but there are larger issues. i'm just glad they reached an agreement and things will be back to normal soon.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
How do you know for sure? Molds are not cheap and these are not toys r us cars that sell thousands upon thousands.
It's a plastic mold I understand that this isn't a toys r us car it's the nature of the beast. Look at it this way I can backorder a kit from tower right now with a $60 off coupon that puts it at 370. They aren't eating that the cost to them is probably between $250-300 tops. That's how they can do this without going out of business. Lower profit higher volume.it is shipped on a giant tanker ship that burns fuel workers handle at the docks team guys given multiple cars samples given out sponsorship money travel money. A lot of things going on design etc. now look up hpi hotbodies and what they profit in a year it's pretty easy your right now that I look at things closer I am wrong it's probably less than $25. It may sound bad but that's the fact. Here's an example check out rocket RC I have a tlr 22 brass part from him because I was waiting on the boats as well. His is better quality, beautifully machined piece of brass. A dollar or 2 cheaper than the TLR part and it's made in the USA. Sorry about the hijack again I'm sorry just trying to explain what goes on
Old 03-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Basically what I'm saying with all this is even if it costs double to produce it doesn't mean we pay $860
Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
nah, don't be sorry. no doubt jhautz put out the anti-union "they don't want to work" vibe and you just presented the other side. i, for one, appreciate your contribution. yeah, it sucks when these things effect our hobby, but there are larger issues. i'm just glad they reached an agreement and things will be back to normal soon.
Yeah things are backup and running according to the unions site we should be able to enjoy stocked shelves in no time main thing that slows things a bit at this point are gonna be security reasons. But otherwise it will be back to normal in no time, I'm waiting on one of these myself can't beat that tower coupon!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow ,just built the diffs ,Very Smooth!!!
Old 03-14-2015, 05:40 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

BmainStar, you are going to love this thing. My son has had his all winter and other than a bit of shock maintenance and cleaning....I have done absolutely nothing with it. He took first in the A main at a pretty competitive track with one of his front hinge pins threaded most of the way out. That is the only time I have ever even thought about the car causing a problem...and that was partly a maintenance issue on me.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I dont understand the whole port issue being the reason for back ordered hot bodies parts. correct me if I am wrong but I have seen part go out of stock and come back into stock for my xray xb4 aswell and the tekno etruggy parts i have been waiting on. I mean there are hobby shops overseas that have some of the HB parts out of stock so I cant see blaming the ports as the cause for lack of support/parts. saying all this the car is bullet proof just like my xb4 so needing parts for me has not been a issue. I just know before all these port issues there were still parts that were back ordered forever.

On a side not I got my exotek center diff spur and it seems to be so much smoother then the stock one. was much easier to set the mesh too. not to mention there wing mounts, I ran mine up side down giving it lower center of gravity as well as made it fly much better coming off a jump. just fyi in case anyone was thinking about ordering them, well worth the money.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
On a side not I got my exotek center diff spur and it seems to be so much smoother then the stock one. was much easier to set the mesh too. not to mention there wing mounts, I ran mine up side down giving it lower center of gravity as well as made it fly much better coming off a jump. just fyi in case anyone was thinking about ordering them, well worth the money.
What do those wing mounts do that the stock ones do not?
Old 03-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I ran my exotec spur gear last weekend and when installing it I really loved the fit and finish, but When I ran it, the gear mesh seeems louder than it was with the stock gear. Anyone else notice that? I checked gear mesh and it all seems good. I'm using the exact pinion that I used on the stock gear. It doesn't hurt anything, but the car is definitely louder.

I ran the exotec steering rack also and that part is money.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
BmainStar, you are going to love this thing. My son has had his all winter and other than a bit of shock maintenance and cleaning....I have done absolutely nothing with it. He took first in the A main at a pretty competitive track with one of his front hinge pins threaded most of the way out. That is the only time I have ever even thought about the car causing a problem...and that was partly a maintenance issue on me.
Thanx man,I almost built the whole car yesterday I was so excited!!!!I had R/c dreams all night LOL
I dont understand the whole port issue being the reason for back ordered hot bodies parts. correct me if I am wrong but I have seen part go out of stock and come back into stock for my xray xb4 aswell and the tekno etruggy parts i have been waiting on. I mean there are hobby shops overseas that have some of the HB parts out of stock so I cant see blaming the ports as the cause for lack of support/parts. saying all this the car is bullet proof just like my xb4 so needing parts for me has not been a issue. I just know before all these port issues there were still parts that were back ordered forever.
It really may not be in their hands,they dont build the molds themselves or own the machines that make the parts . The factory that runs the mold presses will have a huge backlog of all kinds of molds that need to run and im sure that the small r/c company parts are only a small portion of their business.If the machines are pumping out billions of other parts for many different companies,your parts may get shuffled back a while.Meantime they are telling you,ya your next!! LOL
Old 03-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
What do those wing mounts do that the stock ones do not?
Break the rear shock tower?
Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
I ran my exotec spur gear last weekend and when installing it I really loved the fit and finish, but When I ran it, the gear mesh seeems louder than it was with the stock gear. Anyone else notice that? I checked gear mesh and it all seems good. I'm using the exact pinion that I used on the stock gear. It doesn't hurt anything, but the car is definitely louder.

I ran the exotec steering rack also and that part is money.
Same here on that diff gear. Tooth profile doesnt seem to be as good and it seemed like the tolerances were a little off and it bound up the center bearings a bit (or a bunch).
Old 03-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

I've heard that hotbodies parts have always been pretty hard to get before this whole port thing. Personally I think it's just an easy scapegoat. Gotta watch those wing mounts no experience with the hotbodies but bought them for other platforms because they looked pretty trick and I hate body clips and they are tuff. Problem is on a couple crashes they just destroyed the shock towers. And I knew it was them because the breaks were right at the mounting points went back to stock ones cut off body mounts and tapped a couple holes used the wing mount buttons no problems
Old 03-14-2015, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Broke a total of 5 shock towers 2 different platforms with them 0 without. 2 plastic 2 carbon 1 aluminum. Otherwise Exotek makes a sweet product just think having the flex of plastic here is beneficial good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.