Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
I got the rear wing mounts so I can use buttons instead of body clips
Ah, that makes sense.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default servo

Hey guys button n up my build and I have a question for you,are you guys using the servo saver supplied in the kit? Or bolting up direct, if so what arm would you use for an spectrum servo I know its 23 tooth but it would need to have a reverse off set of some type it seems to line up to the rod,hope that makes sense , Also shorty setup, ESC behind motor or in front?Thanx for any help Cheers!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey guys button n up my build and I have a question for you,are you guys using the servo saver supplied in the kit? Or bolting up direct, if so what arm would you use for an spectrum servo I know its 23 tooth but it would need to have a reverse off set of some type it seems to line up to the rod,hope that makes sense , Also shorty setup, ESC behind motor or in front?Thanx for any help Cheers!
Ditch the stock servo saver. I use the losi servo horn. 23t for you is # LOSA99031
Balance is good with ESC in front. I have my ESC in front with the cap and RX in the rear.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413-t-rs.jpg  
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Ditch the stock servo saver. I use the losi servo horn. 23t for you is # LOSA99031
Balance is good with ESC in front. I have my ESC in front with the cap and RX in the rear.
Awesome Thank You Sir ,ok the front it is, same esc as you
I will set up the same way looks good!Gonna hit the track Wed for 1st shake down, new layout going in so gotta wait till then, Largemouth on the prowl so Fishing tmrw lol ,Thanx for your reply!!
Old 03-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Awesome Thank You Sir ,ok the front it is, same esc as you
I will set up the same way looks good!Gonna hit the track Wed for 1st shake down, new layout going in so gotta wait till then, Largemouth on the prowl so Fishing tmrw lol ,Thanx for your reply!!
Just noticed in the pic that I still had the stock servo saver on it. I do run the Losi though.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

I use the HB aluminum horn.fits perfect. Check it out
Old 03-16-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Whichever horn you use, make sure the ballstud is facing to the rear
Old 03-16-2015, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A few updates on my D413:

1. Installed the VRP 1.6mm X-Pistons. I don't know what else to say but...buy them. Shocks have never felt so good and I have never had my car this hooked up. On my first race I ran approximately 1 second faster per lap with them over the stock pistons(motor settings the exact same, just changed pistons). I'm going to play with oils a little more as I think I'm a little bit soft right now.

2. Put +5 degrees timing on my little 10.5 Trackstar and WOW, that little motor gets WITH IT! Car was moving pretty quickly, making it hard to justify the money on the name brand motors.

3. Just got my Exotek spur gear setup, went on very well as if it were OEM. Couple pumps of the throttle has me thinking there may be a little more power to the wheels with this over the stock spur, but that could also be my subconscious trying to tell me it worth replacing a part that wasn't broken.

Loving this car!
Old 03-16-2015, 01:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28

1. Installed the VRP 1.6mm X-Pistons. I don't know what else to say but...buy them. Shocks have never felt so good and I have never had my car this hooked up. On my first race I ran approximately 1 second faster per lap with them over the stock pistons(motor settings the exact same, just changed pistons). I'm going to play with oils a little more as I think I'm a little bit soft right now.

2. Put +5 degrees timing on my little 10.5 Trackstar and WOW, that little motor gets WITH IT! Car was moving pretty quickly, making it hard to justify the money on the name brand motors.

3. Just got my Exotek spur gear setup, went on very well as if it were OEM. Couple pumps of the throttle has me thinking there may be a little more power to the wheels with this over the stock spur, but that could also be my subconscious trying to tell me it worth replacing a part that wasn't broken.

Loving this car!
What are your track conditions?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Loving this car!

Definitely your subconscious trying to justify the money spent on it! The stock spur is perfectly fine.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Definitely your subconscious trying to justify the money spent on it! The stock spur is perfectly fine.
Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree. I know that the stock spur is soft and seems to have a little more "flex" if you will. Hence the issues with stripped spurs. The Exotek gear is made of delrin so there should be more power to the wheels in theory. Not to mention, the Exotek gear gives me the ability to switch to a 68t for stock class.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iScream
What are your track conditions?
Med/High clay, indoor. I'm not sure if you're familiar with LSR Speedway in Sacramento but that is where I drive.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree. I know that the stock spur is soft and seems to have a little more "flex" if you will. Hence the issues with stripped spurs. The Exotek gear is made of delrin so there should be more power to the wheels in theory. Not to mention, the Exotek gear gives me the ability to switch to a 68t for stock class.
I'm still on the original stock spur gear that came with the kit with a 6.5 motor. If your gear mesh is set properly and you always check your motor mount screws, it's not going to strip.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
I'm still on the stuck spur gear with a 6.5 motor. If your gear mesh is set properly and you always check your motor mount screws, it's not going to strip.
I agree, I was on my original spur as well. I still believe that you can get more power to the ground with delrin though, it is much stiffer than the stock plastic spur. My .2 cents.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

somebody post close up pics with your Schelle Racing chassis on top and bottom
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.