Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Doesn't that site require you to photocopy your drivers license as well as your credit card to confirm who you are?
Never had that problem but it's been a while since I ordered from them.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

http://www.maniacshobbycomplex.com

They have a lot of parts.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

XRAY has an awesome car - But I can't believe how bad the parts availability is.

I have had front arms on backorder for at least 2 weeks, and been running on bald tires because I cant find wheels.

The worst is you can find one or two parts you need at 3 or 4 different places and end up with everything you need but you have to pay 3 or 4 shipping fees. No one place has all the parts.

For a top of the line product we should expect better parts support.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
XRAY has an awesome car - But I can't believe how bad the parts availability is.

I have had front arms on backorder for at least 2 weeks, and been running on bald tires because I cant find wheels.

The worst is you can find one or two parts you need at 3 or 4 different places and end up with everything you need but you have to pay 3 or 4 shipping fees. No one place has all the parts.

I do agree with what you said. On a side note; wheels are on ebay. Trackside has front a arms for the xb4...well at least on Sunday. If you like I can check tomorrow for you....pm if you'd like me to do that.

Nick
Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Just use durango 14mm wheels bud. No need for the stock xray wheels. For arms stormer/absolute/gshobby/superior and amain got em. Not sure on stock status now, a month back when I got my batch for the season amain was stocked up.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Just use durango 14mm wheels bud. No need for the stock xray wheels. For arms stormer/absolute/gshobby/superior and amain got em. Not sure on stock status now, a month back when I got my batch for the season amain was stocked up.
Only place I've found front arms for the 2014 buggy was rc-mushroom, shipping is pricey from there though.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EricW
Only place I've found front arms for the 2014 buggy was rc-mushroom, shipping is pricey from there though.
Aaah sorry my bad, 2014 not sure where. Was talking about the older chassis 2013.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

If you're in that much of a pinch for wheels, acetone will remove the CA between the wheel/tire and you can re-use your rims. Yes, acetone has a strong odour, but it is not dangerous other than being flammable - but no more flammable than say rubbing alcohol. It works like a charm, the wheels are as clean as new (minus scratches etc). Just submerge the entire wheel/tire in acetone for 24hrs, then pull'em apart. If there is residual CA gunk left or they're not 100% apart, soak'em for another 24hrs, the rubber will fall off the wheel. Your insert will be garbage however. Wash with warm water and dish soap - dry & mount new rubber.

D.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Our local indoor track closed so here you go. I have two sets of rear wheels nib. $15 plus shipping if you really need em. I'm not looking to make any money but I don't want to lose on the shipping part. pm me with a zip code for a total. I don't have much for parts or I would offer those up too.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aloksatoor

Are they a direct fit? No Shimming, Grinding, Adapting? If so that's great, because I can get yellow.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Are they a direct fit? No Shimming, Grinding, Adapting? If so that's great, because I can get yellow.
You have to ream out the hole a little but that's it. I think the offset may be a little different but I haven't noticed any difference.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kyok2
You have to ream out the hole a little but that's it. I think the offset may be a little different but I haven't noticed any difference.
^ this for rears, offset is the same from what I can tell. Fronts are perfect.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
If you're in that much of a pinch for wheels, acetone will remove the CA between the wheel/tire and you can re-use your rims. Yes, acetone has a strong odour, but it is not dangerous other than being flammable - but no more flammable than say rubbing alcohol. It works like a charm, the wheels are as clean as new (minus scratches etc). Just submerge the entire wheel/tire in acetone for 24hrs, then pull'em apart. If there is residual CA gunk left or they're not 100% apart, soak'em for another 24hrs, the rubber will fall off the wheel. Your insert will be garbage however. Wash with warm water and dish soap - dry & mount new rubber.

D.
I do this too, but i cut down the center of the tire and remove the insert first
?:@)
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
I do this too, but i cut down the center of the tire and remove the insert first
?:@)
My inserts are usually shot by the time I'm ready to toss a tire. My not be worth the effort of they're no good.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Anyone found a better way to cool the motor, than a 30mm fan behind it which dies every 2nd run? Had my X20 17.5 come off at 190f last meet and am keen to avoid this happening again (need to replace rotor) Do the aftermarket bodys give more clearance to allow a motor mount heatsink /fan or are there any with a smaller profile that may fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.