Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread >

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Reply

Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 PM
  #616  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
thebomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm a man of action so I pulled the trigger today at my LHS. I try to support them as much as possible.

The 44.2 was $80 plus my used Slash
Tekin RS Pro 6.5 sensored system $289
Reedy Lipo Saddle 4700mah, 40C battery $90 ( I know I can do better for batteries)
Futaba R2104GF receiver $39.99 (Using a Futaba 4PL radio)

I have a Savox 1256 for now.

The local indoor track is clay and probably med. sized. Gridirons work well on SCT's. Any recommendation for tires and foams?

What batteries would you recommend aling with a source of supply.

Many thanks!
thebomber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
  #617  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
tommy911t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: www.tuitebicyclerepair.com
Posts: 1,137
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thebomber View Post
I'm a man of action so I pulled the trigger today at my LHS. I try to support them as much as possible.

The 44.2 was $80 plus my used Slash
Tekin RS Pro 6.5 sensored system $289
Reedy Lipo Saddle 4700mah, 40C battery $90 ( I know I can do better for batteries)
Futaba R2104GF receiver $39.99 (Using a Futaba 4PL radio)

I have a Savox 1256 for now.

The local indoor track is clay and probably med. sized. Gridirons work well on SCT's. Any recommendation for tires and foams?

What batteries would you recommend aling with a source of supply.

Many thanks!
I've been using AKA closed cell on the front and back of my 44.2
Closed cell is great on drive wheels. I even use them on 2wd fronts. I'm on my third set of 4wd tires with the same foams.
I went with BK bars(indoor clay) but you may want to ask your local fast guys what they recommend for you track's tires
tommy911t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:03 PM
  #618  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by thebomber View Post
I'm a man of action so I pulled the trigger today at my LHS. I try to support them as much as possible.

The 44.2 was $80 plus my used Slash
Tekin RS Pro 6.5 sensored system $289
Reedy Lipo Saddle 4700mah, 40C battery $90 ( I know I can do better for batteries)
Futaba R2104GF receiver $39.99 (Using a Futaba 4PL radio)

I have a Savox 1256 for now.

The local indoor track is clay and probably med. sized. Gridirons work well on SCT's. Any recommendation for tires and foams?

What batteries would you recommend aling with a source of supply.

Many thanks!
I myself along with some other locals have run both the big brands & Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos. For the money, the Nano-Techs can't be beat. A very good local racer took a blind battery test (someone else put the Nano-Tech's in his buggy, he had no idea what brand, mAh, C rating, etc) and he thought they were a big brand. Ever since I came back to the hobby, I refused to pay the insane mark-up on these batteries.

I just bought 2 new fresh 5100 mAh 65C (135 burst) saddle packs for a total of $76. Sit on the below page for a few minutes and a little side window will come up offering you an even cheaper price. I also run a shorty pack of this brand in my 2wd buggy. Take care of them like any other lipo, and they are very good.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
rigor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
  #619  
Suspended
iTrader: (89)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigor View Post
I myself along with some other locals have run both the big brands & Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos. For the money, the Nano-Techs can't be beat. A very good local racer took a blind battery test (someone else put the Nano-Tech's in his buggy, he had no idea what brand, mAh, C rating, etc) and he thought they were a big brand. Ever since I came back to the hobby, I refused to pay the insane mark-up on these batteries.

I just bought 2 new fresh 5100 mAh 65C (135 burst) saddle packs for a total of $76. Sit on the below page for a few minutes and a little side window will come up offering you an even cheaper price. I also run a shorty pack of this brand in my 2wd buggy. Take care of them like any other lipo, and they are very good.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Snap. I run the same thing. Ordered them 3 weeks ago, got them last week. I too will NOT pay the $$ the ask for on brand name crap. I don't see a bit of difference except bigger holes in my wallet.
Sarinexia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
  #620  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
thebomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rigor View Post
I myself along with some other locals have run both the big brands & Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos. For the money, the Nano-Techs can't be beat. A very good local racer took a blind battery test (someone else put the Nano-Tech's in his buggy, he had no idea what brand, mAh, C rating, etc) and he thought they were a big brand. Ever since I came back to the hobby, I refused to pay the insane mark-up on these batteries.

I just bought 2 new fresh 5100 mAh 65C (135 burst) saddle packs for a total of $76. Sit on the below page for a few minutes and a little side window will come up offering you an even cheaper price. I also run a shorty pack of this brand in my 2wd buggy. Take care of them like any other lipo, and they are very good.
For that price I picked up two of them. Thanks for the suggestion!
thebomber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
  #621  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,546
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone noticed that after several runs of there B44.2 that the shocks go to full rebound? Does anyone have any fix for this so that from run-to-run the shocks stay consistent or is this normal?
munrath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
  #622  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Be certain you're checking out from the USA site on HobbyKing for those Turnigy Nano-Tech's. You'd probably notice the crazy shipping charges if you were inadvertently on the "global" site. USA warehouse is in SoCal. I got mine in just a few days after ordering.
rigor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
  #623  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by munrath View Post
Has anyone noticed that after several runs of there B44.2 that the shocks go to full rebound? Does anyone have any fix for this so that from run-to-run the shocks stay consistent or is this normal?
Newly built shocks will need to be bled several times and a little more often at first. Did you try re-bleeding them with the shock shaft fully compressed ?
rigor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
  #624  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
thebomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone willing to post their set up sheets?
thebomber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 PM
  #625  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (267)
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by munrath View Post
Has anyone noticed that after several runs of there B44.2 that the shocks go to full rebound? Does anyone have any fix for this so that from run-to-run the shocks stay consistent or is this normal?
That's the problem with the AE big bores they need to be bled every 2 runs no matter how new or old they are.
-WHEELMAN- is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
  #626  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Arigato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 'Vegas Baby!
Posts: 631
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I've been digging these:
http://promatchracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=2S520050c
Arigato is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
  #627  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Arigato View Post
I've read numerous good reviews here on RCTech about the ProMatch lipos. Nice price too.
rigor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM
  #628  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,546
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys for the comments on the bleeding the shocks. I will start doing this to keep things consistent.

+1 on the Promatch packs. I've been running them for a while now and have had many races back to back in Triple A's will little time to charge and they keep getting better and better.

Mark
munrath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
  #629  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (46)
 
bigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Has anybody used the brass washers from losi bb on the associated bb instead of the red o rings? And if so how well do they work
bigs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
  #630  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (44)
 
rigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,604
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Check the AE big bore thread, I think I saw it mentioned there.
rigor is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service