Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread >

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Looks like the Schelle conversion kits are out. Anybody know if they'll make more?
Old 02-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Looks like the Schelle conversion kits are out. Anybody know if they'll make more?
I know they stopped with the aluminum chassis, and I know Kurt was saying that the last shipment may be the end but wasn't sure. Best thing would be to call or shoot them an E-mail directly. Horses mouth kinda thing....
Old 02-20-2016, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Indeed, seems likes they sold through FAST.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jerm13 View Post
I know they stopped with the aluminum chassis, and I know Kurt was saying that the last shipment may be the end but wasn't sure. Best thing would be to call or shoot them an E-mail directly. Horses mouth kinda thing....
We have another batch of 20 conversions coming, getting all the parts gathered. Please email me [email protected] if you are interested in pre-ordering.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default gear diff or ball diff

Hopefully someone can answer this guy's question...

B44.2 w/ Schelle Conversion - Gear or Ball Diff, Front & Back or Just Center?

Hi All,

I realize that this question is going to get the "well the team driver's use..."

While thats all fine and dandy, I dont have the skill set or the same knowledge or goods that those drivers have..

So I want to know what the rest of the weekend racers are using and what they feel is the better results and why.

Please make sure you include your average track conditions and what skill level you'd rate yourself.

For the keyboard warriors that want to tell me to search, I've already done so and already read though about 50+ pages of the B44.2 and B44.3 threads.
...Threads that are years old tend to get muddled with hearsay, I want to know what people are using today, as in the last few months...what you the driver use..not what you heard Jimbob's cousin is using when the B44.1 came out.

A little background of what I race on and my style of driving:

I race on hard clay with medium to high traction. One track is small with about a 50 foot straight and the other is about twice that size. Traction is somewhat similar between the two, although the smaller one seems to be a little more chunky/sticky clay vs the larger one is finer clay that doesnt stick to tires as much.

I'm currently a conservative to moderate aggression type of driver ( I havent driven in 15 years so the training wheels are back on)
Once comfortable I'm usually a solid moderate aggression type driver. (I like to drive right on the edge of spinning out)

Right now I feel I've gotten the car 90% there, although it seems to be relatively loose on and off power. I've used the Team driver's setup as a base line....
FRONT:
Yellow 35W, 1.7, 22mm ride height
Middle hole, outer bottom
-1 camber
REAR:
GREEN 30W, 1.5, 20mm ride height
Middle hole, inner bottom
-1.5 camber
Orion, R10.1 7.5t
Shorty setup
ALL ball/slipper setup currently

I've heard everything from using just gear diffs in the front and rear and leave the center as slipper....to using only the center and leaving the front and rear as ball diffs.

I was told to tighten my rear ball diff the last go around and it seemed to help quite a bit. I'm not sure if throwing gear diffs will help or just make it more consistent or both...

Thanks for the feedback, and while any other suggestions are welcome, please PM me for comments for anything outside of the gear/ball diffs. I'd like to try and keep the posted replies to just the diffs.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a B44.2 that I bought used, and have run it about 6 months. Lately it has been stripping the rear center drive cup on the slipper. The shaft is stock, but barely reaches. ANY ideas ??
Old 12-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Bump
Old 09-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well i just inherited a B44.2 for free. Im looking forward to running this buggy for our indoor season!

Ive been gone for a while from the hobby and this will be a good buggy to start over with.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Will either the B44 or 44.3 motor mount work with the B44.2?