Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AE FActory Team B44.2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just finnished my b44.2 build. I've built two Durango cars/trucks and it was sure nice to finally build a kit that had all the parts included. AE quality control is an A+. The build was easy and all parts meshed perfectly. I'm running a Tekin RS Pro with a Reedy 7.5. I'm using a basic box set up with a few minor tweaks that i feel are appropriate for my track.
Can't wait to run this thing, everything looks solid. As for the ball cups...i'll most likely go to RPM as well...eventually.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks! and thats the right size and so on?

Best Regards.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

No the long RPM ones will not work on all links; they are too long for the steering links. You want the regular sized ones below.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Ends-Black-12
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

FYI that setup on petit... IS the kit setup, look in your manual lol
The kit does call for 1.7 rear pistons and 1 limiter in all shocks.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
No the long RPM ones will not work on all links; they are too long for the steering links. You want the regular sized ones below.

i put em on yesterday, outfitted both my 2wd an 2wd with the long ones, i assure you they fit, you can still adjust your turnbuckles without them popping a ball cup also.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

so the short ones for the steering and the long ones the other places?

Best Regards.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tommy911t
Got out on Sat for the first 4wd race since getting rid of my 44.1 last month.

Kit setup. 6.5 sonic, SXX TC2 with updated mod/stock board, no fan, no boost, no auto brakes.

Stock diffs broke in great.

No issues with stock ball cups while tumbling a few times during a full day of break in, practice, quals and racing.

Instructions did not recommend limiters in the rear shocks. Thought I could hear the dogbone ends in the rear during the air. Then, During a crash while practicing a cva came out. Quick fix: just set the rear shock lowers to the outside.

No ballast needed(for me.) But going from 1.6 to 1.7 rear pistons next.

Never liked chassis protectors other than the lexan type, but AE's version is super tough(like lexan) and scratch free on our smooooth new layout.

Batteries forward with padding(servo tape, one side not exposed) on sides and top straps.

Put a drilled v2 slipper plate in the front of my slipper during build. Slipper never over-slipped(heated up) in the 6 min main and I had it pretty loose to protect my new diffs on a loose indoor track.

Petitrc has this:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...mSetup2012.pdf

That setup addresses the rear shock limiter AND 1.7 rear piston(kit is 1.6) but no mention of ballast.

Over all first impression:
Over the past 3 years I've fallen in love the 44 layout. It's taught me the importance of a meticulous build and routine maintenance.Pitch control during flight is simple. Never heard chassis slap the entire night with the big bores.
Turns sooo steady but way more fun to catch an over steer and dart straight out.

Will go with the full PetitRC setup from here out until the pros have spoken.

For me, it's so good that the 44.2 is worth savoring for races. Because of dis-assembly required for diffs, maintenance, and breakages; my 2wd will continue to be my training vehicle for practice days.
Dude, what manual did you follow (not follow actually) ? The AE manual calls for 1 limiter on all shocks, and 1.7 pistons for the rear. You really want to get that limiter in the rears so you can mount on the inside bottom of the rear arm.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
FYI that setup on petit... IS the kit setup, look in your manual lol
The kit does call for 1.7 rear pistons and 1 limiter in all shocks.
My mistake. Thanks

Edited my review to try not to confuse folks. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by tommy911t; 11-12-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dMITIj
so the short ones for the steering and the long ones the other places?

Best Regards.
You can use short ones all over, and probably should. I actually did end up using long ones for both fr/rr camber links, but it required some extra winds of the cups to get them short enough to use. The benefit is those links should now never ever bend.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Dude, what manual did you follow (not follow actually) ? The AE manual calls for 1 limiter on all shocks, and 1.7 pistons for the rear. You really want to get that limiter in the rears so you can mount on the inside bottom of the rear arm.
what is the limiter?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cantrell8
i put em on yesterday, outfitted both my 2wd an 2wd with the long ones, i assure you they fit, you can still adjust your turnbuckles without them popping a ball cup also.
If you got the long ones to fit and work on the short steering links, more power to ya. Seemed like I would have had to really wrench the cup too far for the link to be correct length.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

You can use short ones all over, and probably should. I actually did end up using long ones for both fr/rr camber links, but it required some extra winds of the cups to get them short enough to use. The benefit is those links should now never ever bend.
Thanks for the info
Old 11-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

hmm is there no anti roll bar for the front? can't find any in the manual?

and is there an undertray for this kit?

Best Regards.
You should just be able to use the softer black roll bar that comes with the kit. You'll just need to buy the additional anti-roll bar pivots and ball cups (and set screw) so you can mount it up front. I've never heard or seen anyone using a front roll bar on a 44 however.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

what is the limiter?
Look at step 1 on page 18 of the manual, and it shows a nylon washer that goes over the shock shaft (internally).

If you use the recommended shock mounting positions (inside lower hole on rear, outer lower hole on front) then you want 1 limiter on all 4 shocks. Page 23 & 24 tells you to add/remove limiters if you change these lower mounting positions.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...021%202012.pdf
Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

You should just be able to use the softer black roll bar that comes with the kit. You'll just need to buy the additional anti-roll bar pivots and ball cups (and set screw) so you can mount it up front. I've never heard or seen anyone using a front roll bar on a 44 however.
Look at step 1 on page 18 of the manual, and it shows a nylon washer that goes over the shock shaft (internally).

If you use the recommended shock mounting positions (inside lower hole on rear, outer lower hole on front) then you want 1 limiter on all 4 shocks. Page 23 & 24 tells you to add/remove limiters if you change these lower mounting positions.

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...021%202012.pdf
I didten think so, i just saw that one guy use it on the front also so i got curious.

Thanks for the info on page 18, i didten see it before when i looked at the manual and didtent know it was the limiter

Thanks for all the info guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.