Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have 2 questions,
1) what does the 22t parts do to the sct? Make it wider?
2) if putting the esc on the chassis is there still enough weight in the rear?
Old 12-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I haven't gotten the parts yet, but I'm thinking the overall width of the truck is the same. The pivot points will be different.

You go with a longer arm, but a narrower hex. So you in essence stick the arm further into the rim. That's going to add stability, and since you gain stability the weight from the ESC isn't needed in the back, which is going to allow for the ESC to be lower on the chassis. That would also mean less roll.

Again, this is all just me thinking out loud so to speak. Until I get the parts in hand later this week and tear the truck down, I won't know for sure.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone know if the original sc10 body will fit on this truck? I know the holes are different I'm lookin to buy a clear body and paint it and drill holes.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K22Hsct
Anyone know if the original sc10 body will fit on this truck? I know the holes are different I'm lookin to buy a clear body and paint it and drill holes.
it will.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Cool thanks
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Thanks. I'll have to order up the 22T stuff. I don't have any of that on hand.

Are you adding any weight anywhere on the truck? I haven't put any on yet at all. In fact I don't have the alum servo mounts either. I was running a fullsize battery though, so that is a little bit more weight.

Also do you remember how long of a sensor wire you need to mount the ESC on the chassis? I know I don't have anything quite that long.
I have NO weight in my truck. I don't on the sensor wire, I just grabbed a few out of my box and used the one that looked right. I think you're likely around 150mm, but that might be a little short.

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Ok so Losi Parts House had the 22T stuff in stock and it already shipped

Based off of Frank's old setup and the info he provided us here, I came up with this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3v...it?usp=sharing

I am going to try it next time out. Frank, let me know if I messed anything up here and if I did, I'll correct it. Hope this helps everyone who was looking for a '22 SCT 2.0' setup like I was.
I don't have any weight in the truck and don't run the brass front pivot. Also, with the 22 2.0 Caster Block and Spindle, you can put the spindles middle height.

I am running a blue front spring, but I'd suggest to start with Black. I would also put the hubs all the way forward.

Originally Posted by 84RACING
I have 2 questions,
1) what does the 22t parts do to the sct? Make it wider?
2) if putting the esc on the chassis is there still enough weight in the rear?

1) Wide in the rear, but then the hex narrows is back up some.

2) I don't have any weight in the rear, but I don't think there is much room for it either.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I have NO weight in my truck. I don't on the sensor wire, I just grabbed a few out of my box and used the one that looked right. I think you're likely around 150mm, but that might be a little short.

I don't have any weight in the truck and don't run the brass front pivot. Also, with the 22 2.0 Caster Block and Spindle, you can put the spindles middle height.

I am running a blue front spring, but I'd suggest to start with Black. I would also put the hubs all the way forward.

1) Wide in the rear, but then the hex narrows is back up some.

2) I don't have any weight in the rear, but I don't think there is much room for it either.
You running mid motor or rear motor? I am giving mid motor a try if I can get the tranny to stop binding!. Would the 22t rear arms and CVD's help in MM also?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Frank!

updated my previous post with corrected link. I'm hoping to give this a try this weekend

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3v...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Bob Barry; 12-19-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:01 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
You running mid motor or rear motor? I am giving mid motor a try if I can get the tranny to stop binding!. Would the 22t rear arms and CVD's help in MM also?
I run rear, haven't tested the parts on Mid, but it's worth a try I think.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run rear, haven't tested the parts on Mid, but it's worth a try I think.
Cool i steal them from my 22T and try it out. thanks for the info!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've been running the 2.0 Parts and have really been liking it. I don't have a full setup, but here are some highlights:

1. Run 22T rear arms and Bones, and a 22 Buggy Std Rear Hex.
2. -2 Turns unscrewed front shock, -5 turns in the rear (both w/o limiters)
3. Run 1-B front link (super long), 1mm inside, 2mm outside - this is awesome!!
4. 1-C rear link, 0mm inside, 4mm hub
4. Run the ESC on the Chassis
5. Shorty LiPo with 2 pad in front

Let me know what you think!
Frank
I'm always available to give it a proper beat down, club guy style again.
Do you think it would work well for me, an average sportsman?
I do see a couple familiar tweeks here and there.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Using 22 2.0 Battery Strap on Mid Motor 22SCT

Have any of you tried using the new battery strap system on the mid motor SCT? I wanted to use it and get rid of the velcro straps but the main brace that comes in the 2.0 Battery Strap kit does not have a place to mount the rear body post. I was wondering if people had just been drilling the old mount to accept the hinge bracket for the battery strap.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kmh038
Have any of you tried using the new battery strap system on the mid motor SCT? I wanted to use it and get rid of the velcro straps but the main brace that comes in the 2.0 Battery Strap kit does not have a place to mount the rear body post. I was wondering if people had just been drilling the old mount to accept the hinge bracket for the battery strap.
I haven't run the SCT in mid motor but my buggy is in mid motor and for what it's worth, most of us running mid switched to the velcro straps. It's just easier to switch back and forth from saddle pack to shorty pack with them.

One other option is if you know you won't be using Saddle packs is to use the 22 2.0 rear motor hold down system.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I just bought a new 22 sct and plan on running it at Mike's Hobby Shop (Houston, TX) which is a large med-high bite clay track. For the time being, I plan on running a Castle 3800 kv motor. After reading thru 100's of pages, I am not quite sure what setup to run. Should I run casper's RM or MM setup? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dmwilson09
Well I just bought a new 22 sct and plan on running it at Mike's Hobby Shop (Houston, TX) which is a large med-high bite clay track. For the time being, I plan on running a Castle 3800 kv motor. After reading thru 100's of pages, I am not quite sure what setup to run. Should I run casper's RM or MM setup? Thanks for the help.
I think if you look on the TLR website, you will see Mr Root has a setup posted that is from that very track

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...bby%20Shop.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.