Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Tried my truck out for the first time with the new setup except for I ran a full size lipo. The truck was awesome I improved my fastest lap by 1 sec and was six hundreds from adding a lap to my overall best time. ( indoor clay with aka typos) The truck is a lot easier to drive harder. Thanks Frank
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Has anyone run Frank's new set up on a loose outdoor surface? Had any success?

I ran it last night for first time at a club race. Have it set up exactly as he spec's out. Track is outdoor, tends to be on the looser side and was a little blown out. It was approx 40-45 degrees outside.

I think this setup is going to be great on high bite surface, but I had all sorts of issues keeping the rear end in check. Only had a 9.5 in it w/ no boost and could barely get past 1/2 throttle before the rear got loose. Esp coming out of turns. It had TONS of steering, which didn't help the rear end probems. Very little front grip. I didn't have a ton of tires to try, but the 3 I tried all produced similar results. I'm thinking of stiffening up the front spring to truck black to try and tune out some of the steering. Any other ideas?

I think this setup makes the truck more stable. What tires were you running? I would try something like super soft Grid Irons or M4 Holeshots and see if that helps. Maybe even try soft front and super soft rear or M3 front and M4 rear.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

just ordered my 22SCT last night at the conclusion of the winter season... I was a little tired of chassis, axle issues in my SC10, and running different wheels than my SCTE!

Time to read the 643 pages of this thread to get educated.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 22 sct

Thinking about trying a 22sct but have just got fresh full size lipos will the truck still be competitive with full size do not really want to buy shorties.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tas4
Thinking about trying a 22sct but have just got fresh full size lipos will the truck still be competitive with full size do not really want to buy shorties.
The truck will be just fine with a full size lipo!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't think it's a tire issue at all. I was running mine w blue carvers in front and m4 holeshots and/or super soft raptors. it was like driving on ice. Mine is set up w Frank's 2014 setup , rear motor.

It's got a TON of steering, but is undriveable on a loose track. Can't get past 1/2 trottle w/out the rear breaking loose. I may shim the tranny, but I'm not going to make any real changes yet, as I'm heading up to RC Excitement next weekend for the Shootout. That track has a lot more traction, so I want to try it out there before I do anything.

I'l be totally honest, I've had this 22 SCT for just about a year now and have yet to find a solid setup for loose, outdoor tracks. I had one that worked OK last summer, but it only worked at that 1 track.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

My experience with 2wd SC in a loose track is throttle until it breaks loose
May it be half, fourth or full throttle but most of the time it is half

The ifmar pins work for the rear, dont know how the proline pins work bec it is for carpet racing but the ifmar pins work for loose loamy 1/8 track
Just like how it worked for the stadium trucks before
you do have to cut the truck tire to fit the SC wheels
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
I don't think it's a tire issue at all. I was running mine w blue carvers in front and m4 holeshots and/or super soft raptors. it was like driving on ice. Mine is set up w Frank's 2014 setup , rear motor.

It's got a TON of steering, but is undriveable on a loose track. Can't get past 1/2 trottle w/out the rear breaking loose. I may shim the tranny, but I'm not going to make any real changes yet, as I'm heading up to RC Excitement next weekend for the Shootout. That track has a lot more traction, so I want to try it out there before I do anything.

I'l be totally honest, I've had this 22 SCT for just about a year now and have yet to find a solid setup for loose, outdoor tracks. I had one that worked OK last summer, but it only worked at that 1 track.
I ran the Dunford/casper setup with green goosebumps and it worked pretty good for a blown out track
Old 03-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Am I reading correctly that the folks with the 22SCT that did the 2.0 geometry changes are removing the tranny shims?
Old 03-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

After trying the full 2.0/2014 setup on mine.....I actually added the shims to see if it would help...even with the 2014 setup....it did add a little rear grip for me...still looking for more...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Frank told me he removed his. I run on a med traction indoor track and I'm gonna start with mine in esp after reading your post.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

I just took my truck out for the first time after building the kit I run the gen2 RS esc and 10.5 D3.5. At first it was like it was on ice ( running on hard packed clay indoors) changed my rear tires to front and ran soft barcodes on the rear, adjusted the lipo and 4 hours of tunning and practicing the truck was going great still need more driving time tho and to adjust the brakes on the ESC kept locking up the rear tires coming down the long straight. I was just about to leave for the day and I hit the one triple coming out of the turn from the straight away and ended up braking the front spindle so that ended my day. I lucked out and found on ebay new plastic spindles, caster blocks, rear hubs and shims all for $6.00 shipped so I hoped on that deal so I have spares. Really love the truck, I may try a thicker swaybar in the rear because it gets loose on the straight away having some bumps in it I run the medium sway bar on the front and the thinnest on the rear and it worked pretty well so far.

I have one issue I run the fullsize lipo's and I Have the battery mount all the way to the front of the truck I ran 2 foam blocks under the ESC and one in front of the lipo but the front one kept falling out of the truck and the lipo would shift forward. How can I solve this issue it was driving me crazy.

Also I need more on power steering I have plenty of offpower steering but onpower steering the truck wants to push and go wide. It could be the tires I was running on the front going to buy some soft barcodes but until then I may try to stand the shocks up more.e
Old 03-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My truck started pulling to one side on theottle.
Does this mean I need to redo the diff?
It's a gear diff.
Also should I be able to gun it from a stop without spinning if setup correctly?
I'm running stock tires as per track rules.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I just took my truck out for the first time after building the kit I run the gen2 RS esc and 10.5 D3.5. At first it was like it was on ice ( running on hard packed clay indoors) changed my rear tires to front and ran soft barcodes on the rear, adjusted the lipo and 4 hours of tunning and practicing the truck was going great still need more driving time tho and to adjust the brakes on the ESC kept locking up the rear tires coming down the long straight. I was just about to leave for the day and I hit the one triple coming out of the turn from the straight away and ended up braking the front spindle so that ended my day. I lucked out and found on ebay new plastic spindles, caster blocks, rear hubs and shims all for $6.00 shipped so I hoped on that deal so I have spares. Really love the truck, I may try a thicker swaybar in the rear because it gets loose on the straight away having some bumps in it I run the medium sway bar on the front and the thinnest on the rear and it worked pretty well so far.

I have one issue I run the fullsize lipo's and I Have the battery mount all the way to the front of the truck I ran 2 foam blocks under the ESC and one in front of the lipo but the front one kept falling out of the truck and the lipo would shift forward. How can I solve this issue it was driving me crazy.

Also I need more on power steering I have plenty of offpower steering but onpower steering the truck wants to push and go wide. It could be the tires I was running on the front going to buy some soft barcodes but until then I may try to stand the shocks up more.e
U could cut down a bigger foam block for the front ugh, what I would do is buy the Avid aluminum battery brace, it is slotted on the sides and allows for 16 mm worth of movement. Problem solved and it looks sweet. Or add the cut foam in the back behind the other foams where it wouldn't be seen.

Last edited by wreckya; 03-10-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

or you could use servo tape on the front battery pad and secure it to the chassis and mount, I shoe gooed mine and have not lost it yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.