Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
You're WAY undergeared. I run the Novak 10.5 in mine and i'm running 87/25.

thats also with a 10.5 motor.

hes running a 6900 rpm per volt motor equivilent to a 9 turn
theres nothing wrong with his gearing.

also i wouldnt go higher than a 20 tooth on that motor.

the motor is naturally a hot motor.
for racing i couldnt use no where near the power it outputs. and i dropped to a 5700
the 5700 is plenty fast to keep up with a 5.5
Old 06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

A question for the assembled T4 / B4 experts here...

I just received two pairs of threaded rear shock bodies and two pairs of threaded front shock bodies I purchased on e-Bay. They are supposed to be "hard coated" and one pair of each certainly is. The other pair of each looks like plain old dull aluminum. Regardless of color they DO have the same part number on the header tags. The header tag on the "plain" looking fronts says "anodized" but the header card on the rears just says "threaded shock" with no reference to anodizing.

The folks I bought from supposedly closed a hobby shop. Their reply was that it was a running change from when production was moved to China, that they are all hard coated.

Is this the case or is someone blowing smoke up my skirt?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik

I just received two pairs of threaded rear shock bodies and two pairs of threaded front shock bodies I purchased on e-Bay. They are supposed to be "hard coated" and one pair of each certainly is. The other pair of each looks like plain old dull aluminum. Regardless of color they DO have the same part number on the header tags. The header tag on the "plain" looking fronts says "anodized" but the header card on the rears just says "threaded shock" with no reference to anodizing.

The folks I bought from supposedly closed a hobby shop. Their reply was that it was a running change from when production was moved to China, that they are all hard coated.

there are two different colors floating around. one set I have is a lot lighter than my last two FT cars. all were the FT hard coated shocks though.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Like Ben73 said, that is the case with the threaded shock bodies from AE. I've read posts on this thread saying the darker ones having better hard anodizing.

Aesthetically speaking, it wound be better if the shock bodies are hard anodized (shaded) the same, but I, personally, can't tell any difference between the lighter and the darker ones in terms of performance and longevity.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jobo_ph
Things to check:

1. Pinion gear grub screw tightness
2. Slipper tightness
3. Diff tightness
also needs to check axle pin, cvd pin.. basically he/she needs to take their car apart and learn how it works.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
also needs to check axle pin, cvd pin.. basically he/she needs to take their car apart and learn how it works.
i built the car so i have a fair idea on how it works.
i will check all those things today and get bak 2 u all.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

while thinking of it. if i take the car off the ground and give it full it powers up all good but as soon as its on the ground it slows down alot.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)
Default FT T4 converted to J82

I am looking for a like new FT T4 to convert to that J concepts J82.

If anyone is running that J82, what ESC and motor are you using?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

well i check all the cvd's, pins ect ect and the tranny and all good. i looked at my wheels and noticed that my wheel where the pin goes into had molded over the metal pin that is on the shaft of the car. so this could have been the reason for this happening. one question i am contemplating going to a 5.5 or 6.5 novak is this goin to continue happenin with that power.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just signed on to ask the same question
Thanks for asking it for me
Old 06-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
I just signed on to ask the same question
Thanks for asking it for me
Yes, they are all hard coated. The newer shock bodies should be a darker color and I think they have a little more thread on them. But the older shock bodies are also hard coated.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben73
there are two different colors floating around. one set I have is a lot lighter than my last two FT cars. all were the FT hard coated shocks though.
Originally Posted by jobo_ph
Like Ben73 said, that is the case with the threaded shock bodies from AE. I've read posts on this thread saying the darker ones having better hard anodizing.

Aesthetically speaking, it wound be better if the shock bodies are hard anodized (shaded) the same, but I, personally, can't tell any difference between the lighter and the darker ones in terms of performance and longevity.
Excellent news. Thanks guys.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

anyone ever have a problem with the t-nut for the T4 differential? the T's are gone from mine...makes it difficult to tighten or loosen the diff.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone know what gearing to start out with for a B4 with brushless 10.5...
Thanks
Old 06-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey i was wondering what is the best for mod truck (T4) velocity light 4.5, velocity light 5.5, velocity 5.5 or velocity 6.5?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.