Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 AM
  #4831  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
chewiefttc4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: algonac, mi
Posts: 1,552
Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AssocRacer View Post
You're WAY undergeared. I run the Novak 10.5 in mine and i'm running 87/25.

thats also with a 10.5 motor.

hes running a 6900 rpm per volt motor equivilent to a 9 turn
theres nothing wrong with his gearing.

also i wouldnt go higher than a 20 tooth on that motor.

the motor is naturally a hot motor.
for racing i couldnt use no where near the power it outputs. and i dropped to a 5700
the 5700 is plenty fast to keep up with a 5.5
chewiefttc4 is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
  #4832  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (261)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,371
Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default

A question for the assembled T4 / B4 experts here...

I just received two pairs of threaded rear shock bodies and two pairs of threaded front shock bodies I purchased on e-Bay. They are supposed to be "hard coated" and one pair of each certainly is. The other pair of each looks like plain old dull aluminum. Regardless of color they DO have the same part number on the header tags. The header tag on the "plain" looking fronts says "anodized" but the header card on the rears just says "threaded shock" with no reference to anodizing.

The folks I bought from supposedly closed a hobby shop. Their reply was that it was a running change from when production was moved to China, that they are all hard coated.

Is this the case or is someone blowing smoke up my skirt?
Scottrik is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 03:47 PM
  #4833  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (40)
 
ben73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,759
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
A question for the assembled T4 / B4 experts here...

I just received two pairs of threaded rear shock bodies and two pairs of threaded front shock bodies I purchased on e-Bay. They are supposed to be "hard coated" and one pair of each certainly is. The other pair of each looks like plain old dull aluminum. Regardless of color they DO have the same part number on the header tags. The header tag on the "plain" looking fronts says "anodized" but the header card on the rears just says "threaded shock" with no reference to anodizing.

The folks I bought from supposedly closed a hobby shop. Their reply was that it was a running change from when production was moved to China, that they are all hard coated.

Is this the case or is someone blowing smoke up my skirt?
there are two different colors floating around. one set I have is a lot lighter than my last two FT cars. all were the FT hard coated shocks though.
ben73 is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 05:02 PM
  #4834  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
jobo_ph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Banos, Laguna, PH
Posts: 698
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
A question for the assembled T4 / B4 experts here...

I just received two pairs of threaded rear shock bodies and two pairs of threaded front shock bodies I purchased on e-Bay. They are supposed to be "hard coated" and one pair of each certainly is. The other pair of each looks like plain old dull aluminum. Regardless of color they DO have the same part number on the header tags. The header tag on the "plain" looking fronts says "anodized" but the header card on the rears just says "threaded shock" with no reference to anodizing.

The folks I bought from supposedly closed a hobby shop. Their reply was that it was a running change from when production was moved to China, that they are all hard coated.

Is this the case or is someone blowing smoke up my skirt?
Like Ben73 said, that is the case with the threaded shock bodies from AE. I've read posts on this thread saying the darker ones having better hard anodizing.

Aesthetically speaking, it wound be better if the shock bodies are hard anodized (shaded) the same, but I, personally, can't tell any difference between the lighter and the darker ones in terms of performance and longevity.
jobo_ph is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
  #4835  
Tech Champion
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 5,268
Default

Originally Posted by jobo_ph View Post
Things to check:

1. Pinion gear grub screw tightness
2. Slipper tightness
3. Diff tightness
also needs to check axle pin, cvd pin.. basically he/she needs to take their car apart and learn how it works.
Mason is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 07:23 PM
  #4836  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mason View Post
also needs to check axle pin, cvd pin.. basically he/she needs to take their car apart and learn how it works.
i built the car so i have a fair idea on how it works.
i will check all those things today and get bak 2 u all.
whitty is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 08:02 PM
  #4837  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

while thinking of it. if i take the car off the ground and give it full it powers up all good but as soon as its on the ground it slows down alot.
whitty is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
  #4838  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (175)
 
ffpm46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,582
Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)
Default FT T4 converted to J82

I am looking for a like new FT T4 to convert to that J concepts J82.

If anyone is running that J82, what ESC and motor are you using?

Thanks for the help.
ffpm46 is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 PM
  #4839  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 93
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

well i check all the cvd's, pins ect ect and the tranny and all good. i looked at my wheels and noticed that my wheel where the pin goes into had molded over the metal pin that is on the shaft of the car. so this could have been the reason for this happening. one question i am contemplating going to a 5.5 or 6.5 novak is this goin to continue happenin with that power.
whitty is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 PM
  #4840  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
A question for the assembled T4 / B4 experts here...

I just received two pairs of threaded rear shock bodies and two pairs of threaded front shock bodies I purchased on e-Bay. They are supposed to be "hard coated" and one pair of each certainly is. The other pair of each looks like plain old dull aluminum. Regardless of color they DO have the same part number on the header tags. The header tag on the "plain" looking fronts says "anodized" but the header card on the rears just says "threaded shock" with no reference to anodizing.

The folks I bought from supposedly closed a hobby shop. Their reply was that it was a running change from when production was moved to China, that they are all hard coated.

Is this the case or is someone blowing smoke up my skirt?
I just signed on to ask the same question
Thanks for asking it for me
Drifting101 is offline  
Old 06-20-2008, 11:04 PM
  #4841  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
I just signed on to ask the same question
Thanks for asking it for me
Yes, they are all hard coated. The newer shock bodies should be a darker color and I think they have a little more thread on them. But the older shock bodies are also hard coated.
trilerian is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 06:59 AM
  #4842  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (261)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,371
Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ben73 View Post
there are two different colors floating around. one set I have is a lot lighter than my last two FT cars. all were the FT hard coated shocks though.
Originally Posted by jobo_ph View Post
Like Ben73 said, that is the case with the threaded shock bodies from AE. I've read posts on this thread saying the darker ones having better hard anodizing.

Aesthetically speaking, it wound be better if the shock bodies are hard anodized (shaded) the same, but I, personally, can't tell any difference between the lighter and the darker ones in terms of performance and longevity.
Excellent news. Thanks guys.
Scottrik is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 AM
  #4843  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
TfnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wesley Chapel FL
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

anyone ever have a problem with the t-nut for the T4 differential? the T's are gone from mine...makes it difficult to tighten or loosen the diff.
TfnG is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 11:28 PM
  #4844  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 754
Default

Anyone know what gearing to start out with for a B4 with brushless 10.5...
Thanks
ryno1922 is offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 01:22 AM
  #4845  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Drifting101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey i was wondering what is the best for mod truck (T4) velocity light 4.5, velocity light 5.5, velocity 5.5 or velocity 6.5?

Cheers
Drifting101 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.