Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you insist on using VTS, try some garodiscs. They work very well and ya don't have to resurface them every other heat.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

just for fun has anybody tried to fit the new tekin pro4 hd 550.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Originally Posted by AJay0722
just for fun has anybody tried to fit the new tekin pro4 hd 550.

mine fits fine... installed it with the pinion already on the motor too. 14t and have a 15t for testing
Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What weight oil in front diff is working well with Exotek locker? Have been using 20 in front and 7 in the rear with Garodisc equipped FT VTS.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

Originally Posted by imrob
Im not sure if you got the vts already. I just picked up the upgrade kit. It come with the vts, brace , and covers and saddle pack. it like 58 bucks. i got the whole kit cause it was cheaper than buying them all . I also needed those parts too i guess the main thing is the brace. if you got the vts already then they have a cover upgrade. I woulod think if your stock sct like mines get the upgrade kit with all the goods in one deal.or at least that what i think for now.
what is the part number? i m not looking for saddle conversion
Old 05-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tryandfok
what is the part number? i m not looking for saddle conversion
Team Associated Upgrade Kit http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-Upgrade-Kit this is the one i got but after looking i really do want to try that rcx one out but it sound like you need the new stuff for that too im not sure still sheaching on it. This is the cover http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-Set-Updated
Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
no prob. To me the main benefit of the Center Diff I found was on medium to lower traction conditions. Not to say it doesnt' work great on high traction, it does, it just shines more on the conditions more.

For batteries, saddle packs are 2 1S batteries. When you run shorties, you are wiring them in parallel.

For batteries, I would suggest the saddle lipos from Promatch or SMC as well as there higher mah 7200mah stick packs if you go that route.

I use the 7200mah 80C Promatch batteries as for the price, they offer a 1 year warranty. Excellent batteries.
ok thank for that the promatch are cheaper and have more nah then what i was looking at. smc is down for maint so im waiting for a reply back from someone
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yes after doing some looking and finding his thread here. i think im gonna try the vts out and later after founds allow grab the rc shox diff. for some reason i can see that working really good on a hard packed track with fluff. I tottaly see how that works now seeing the pics and in theory should be great or just grab his pads for the vts. but main thing that is needed right now is some lipos and lipo charger think im gonna try out the saddle pack and single pack.

With all 10 pins in the center dif it will out perform the VTS, what some dont realize is that the C dif works centrifugally , as the spur gear winds up the pins get tighter so at full throttle and all pins it is completely locked up! when you first exit a turn it will differentiate between the front and rear and as you gain speed it locks up. Quite simply the best of both worlds. A slipper waste power if it is slipping, a differential sends the power to either the front or rear wheels, giving 100% power to the ground at all times. Now if you are just set on running a VTS setup fine but the reason you have to re sand and replace the stock AE pads is BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS SLIPPING EVEN WHEN YOU THINK THEY ARE NOT!! the Garodisc cure that issue because they will not glaze and you never have to replace or reset them. On top of that you can run them looser than the stock pads without burning them up.

Keep in mind guys that it is a center dif just like every SC truck on the market has except the SC10, it will work on high bite surfaces you just have to change the pins. You dont see the tekno and losi guys locking out their center dif on high bite tracks, they simply increase dif fluids which is the same as adding pins.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
With all 10 pins in the center dif it will out perform the VTS, what some dont realize is that the C dif works centrifugally , as the spur gear winds up the pins get tighter so at full throttle and all pins it is completely locked up! when you first exit a turn it will differentiate between the front and rear and as you gain speed it locks up. Quite simply the best of both worlds. A slipper waste power if it is slipping, a differential sends the power to either the front or rear wheels, giving 100% power to the ground at all times. Now if you are just set on running a VTS setup fine but the reason you have to re sand and replace the stock AE pads is BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS SLIPPING EVEN WHEN YOU THINK THEY ARE NOT!! the Garodisc cure that issue because they will not glaze and you never have to replace or reset them. On top of that you can run them looser than the stock pads without burning them up.

Keep in mind guys that it is a center dif just like every SC truck on the market has except the SC10, it will work on high bite surfaces you just have to change the pins. You dont see the tekno and losi guys locking out their center dif on high bite tracks, they simply increase dif fluids which is the same as adding pins.
Does the center diff change the braking charachteristics? my truck doesn't seem to lock up the rears.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx

If i found your stuff earlier i would have proabably got your but i open my packege up all ready to get my stuff going was looking for the vtsd set up when i saw people talking about pins and i thought my truck was missing something but it a different diff. but since my was a stuck sct i needed the goods for what i thought was the good but still might be. gonna try it out for now but if it dont work i got your thread saved and your in my bookmark on the pc too. im just cant wait to get this racing again sct is a whole differrent animal lol.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Does the center diff change the braking charachteristics? my truck doesn't seem to lock up the rears.
Yes braking is also much improved for the same reasons. When you have all four wheels with the same braking power you can only brake in a straight line, if you try and brake into a turn the truck will push and you will lose at least .5 second on that lap! With the center dif you can brake late and actually into the turn because the front and rear work together instead of forcing the issue. With a slipper if you are on the brakes and turn the wheels we all know it will no longer turn. and also thrown in the fact that you run 30k front fluid when running a slipper makes matter even worse.

If i found your stuff earlier i would have proabably got your but i open my packege up all ready to get my stuff going was looking for the vtsd set up when i saw people talking about pins and i thought my truck was missing something but it a different diff. but since my was a stuck sct i needed the goods for what i thought was the good but still might be. gonna try it out for now but if it dont work i got your thread saved and your in my bookmark on the pc too. im just cant wait to get this racing again sct is a whole differrent animal lol.
No worries man, I will be here Truth be told a normal dual disc setup with Garodisc works as well if not better than the VTS. The only reason the VTS was invented was because of the horrible stock pads that you had to replace every two weeks, well guess what? Garodisc elminate that issue to begin with!!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Tech Legend

Put some time into the Sc 10 improving its performance today.

Lighten the top weight by removing most of the plastic motor plates & covers.
Slammed the body, lower the top brace, installed the unbeatable quad pad VTS.

Lowering the steering servo tomorrow.

Less weight means you can run a lower ride height, brings a big advantage on the track because it allows you to run a lower ride height .
Results in a lot less roll and a big gain in stability
:
On Monday will post pictures & details how to do.

Promise it will be fun to do, not
expensive .
Old 05-12-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Awesome day racing yesterday 3 SC10 4X4's placed in the top 5 in the a-main, one was me
Old 05-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Legend

Default Quad Pad Vts

Why is the performance so much better with 4 VTS pads compared to 3 ?

After you assemble only tighten down the lock nut so it is flush and no top shaft threads show past the nut

Then pitch the belt or hold all four wheels tight.

Try to push the spur gear.

Should be able to move the move the gear easily will seem almost loose.

Then test drive...

Will experience the smoothest when ever you accelerate.

Jumps will become much easier to clear due to the extra traction and lack of wheel spin.
Landings way more forgiving if you land or slap

Unbeatable performance , why any racer should consider trying 4 pads
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomErickson

So the photo above is Kinwalds SC10 4x4 at the Short Course Showdown. Notice the following:

1) Dual Shorty packs
2) Revised servo mount using B4 brackets
3) carbon fiber frame for stiffening.
4) No middle belt tunnel
5) Motor fan
6) a bunch of weight forward

I am planning to mod my Sc10 4x4 nearly as much but in a different way. I plan to push this chassis as close to 50/50 weight balance as possible while keeping the overall weight as low as possible. Mind you that I am starting with a stock kit with NovaK Ballistic 550 4.5t motor. I plan to install a fan and run tall gears on the motor.
I can't stop thinking about the weight that dual shorty packs would ad to this truck. I want to try it out, just curious if anybody has tried it out yet, I'm already running the exotek chassis. The way I see it more weight can't hurt. Plus with the new pro 4 HD, I think it will run some fast laps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.