Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenG477
its on order.. and as soon as I test it for my self I will sing praise if it takes the slip away like I think it will..
Locally, I am one of the only ones left running the AE truck...pre-ordered the truck in the first batch over 2 years ago and always wanted to make the idea of a decoupled slipper work...kept not wanting to spend the money on a slipper because....well...how much better could it really make the truck?

Put the slipper in about 6 weeks ago....won my next race.

It really makes this truck come alive. Best upgrade for any of the cars and trucks I have ever run. Most upgrades help a little bit. The C-diff overclocks this truck into a Losi Killer....

Once AE makes an FT C-Diff, you'll hear WC sing it's praise.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy
Locally, I am one of the only ones left running the AE truck...pre-ordered the truck in the first batch over 2 years ago and always wanted to make the idea of a decoupled slipper work...kept not wanting to spend the money on a slipper because....well...how much better could it really make the truck?

Put the slipper in about 6 weeks ago....won my next race.

It really makes this truck come alive. Best upgrade for any of the cars and trucks I have ever run. Most upgrades help a little bit. The C-diff overclocks this truck into a Losi Killer....

Once AE makes an FT C-Diff, you'll hear WC sing it's praise.
Well yeah everything is gold if ae is stamped to the part according to him
Old 08-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BenG477
My Cdif is on comming and I am itching to try it out because I have tested the following and feel the logic behind the diff is solid..

Stock non vts..
VTS slipper three pads
VtS slipper 4 pads
Exo front locker with 3 pad VTS
AE Coupled slipper caused a push but had better acceleration..

and So far every time i put a part that gets farther away from the slipper IDEA the car gets the punch I am looking for... I feel that I am slipping all the slippers with my tekin 4 pole 4000kv motor..

VTS spring and nut with 2 mm of thread showing...
Is it possible I am not seting this slipper correctly... I am all ears...

want to try garo disk and then the C diff...
All the slippers slip and that is the problem the pro4 has unmached torq if you set it for on power you off power will suffer not with cdif it's like a smart diff in losi
Old 08-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Any one try the pro2 motors yet
Old 08-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Legend

Aaaaah gesss ...

VTS is designed to slip.....

No wheels spin coming out the corner and no casing jumps short ....

No wonder I make it out like as GOLDEN ....
Old 08-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Aaaaah gesss ...

VTS is designed to slip.....

No wheels spin coming out the corner and no casing jumps short ....

No wonder I make it out like as GOLDEN ....
You missed the point way back before the vts a guy made one Mack the knife was his name but you consistently said the stock slipper system was the best but soon as associated copied it and made the vts it's the best thing since sliced bread and when I'm sure ae will copy mantis c-diff that will be your new ae wet dream.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtbikekid33
You missed the point way back before the vts a guy made one Mack the knife was his name but you consistently said the stock slipper system was the best but soon as associated copied it and made the vts it's the best thing since sliced bread and when I'm sure ae will copy mantis c-diff that will be your new ae wet dream.
lol. Ah I remember those days, as well as how great the stock a-arms were that were not believed to warp even when proven that they did ...
Old 08-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

If you don't want wheelspin use a weaker motor or more current limiter or torq limiter or what ever the esc has for you Wc you run lrp it setting 3
Old 08-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 9turn
If you don't want wheelspin use a weaker motor or more current limiter or torq limiter or what ever the esc has for you Wc you run lrp it setting 3
I use the vts and it works great on a lose track outdoors. I did not try this c diff out. If it does work how does it work out side on lose tracks. the stock slipper did suck bad even over jumps. the vts works great on the jumps. If this cdiff works even better than the vts im gonna try it out and see why everybody argues over an opinion. or if it just the better part. I only got the vts cause that what I found first and it was in the upgrade kit. I did just find out it works for the 2wd so I might though it in there. can some send me a link to this cdiff so I can check it out. from what it sound like it locks up the slipper and im guessing it works really well on indoor tracks. but that is just what im getting from reading all this stuff so far. and it handles jump like crazy good.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imrob
I use the vts and it works great on a lose track outdoors. I did not try this c diff out. If it does work how does it work out side on lose tracks. the stock slipper did suck bad even over jumps. the vts works great on the jumps. If this cdiff works even better than the vts im gonna try it out and see why everybody argues over an opinion. or if it just the better part. I only got the vts cause that what I found first and it was in the upgrade kit. I did just find out it works for the 2wd so I might though it in there. can some send me a link to this cdiff so I can check it out. from what it sound like it locks up the slipper and im guessing it works really well on indoor tracks. but that is just what im getting from reading all this stuff so far. and it handles jump like crazy good.
The cDiff is a true differential and 100% of the power goes to the wheels unlike a slipper where some power is wasted when the slipper slips. I used the stock AE slip, clutch basket and cDiff and by far the cDiff out performed the other two. But since I never tried the VTS or quad VTS I am actually going from a cDiff to a quad VTS just to see first hand how they compare.

http://www.rcshox.com/sc1044-center-dif-v2/
Old 08-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I see this thread hasn't changed is 200 pages...

Originally Posted by dirtbikekid33
That "actual" logic didn't help with the Basket, the Arms, or something else i've long forgotten.

Originally Posted by Cain
lol. Ah I remember those days, as well as how great the stock a-arms were that were not believed to warp even when proven that they did ...
I sent in two sets to Tech, personally. AE was trying to figure out what to do before he'd admit a problem. Apparently he didn't get the fanboy memo early enough. =)

Good to see some of you are sticking with it. I am enjoying seeing the Hyperlightweight SC104x4's doing so well.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

It dos all the thing the slipper can't 2wd it is provin to work and saves the diff from burning up but in 4wd you need a diff or in the turn the tires are fighting each other I run on vary loos track and it is the fastest truck out there
Old 08-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Legend

Default Rear Camber C-Hub Mod

Used on higher traction surfaces ...

Raises rear inboard & outside camber studs for controlling chassis roll.

max shim height is 7mm , suggest start with .

* Lowering the chassis stud height will bring more chassis roll & less traction...

requires using a longer 12mm ball stud for the inboard stud #91121
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-img0170.jpg   SC10 4x4 Thread-img0172.jpg  
Old 08-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 9turn
It dos all the thing the slipper can't 2wd it is provin to work and saves the diff from burning up but in 4wd you need a diff or in the turn the tires are fighting each other I run on vary loos track and it is the fastest truck out there
Yes my tracks are lose to so that why I think it does so good.I still get some tire spin if i'm on the throttle hard so some slipping is good..I gonna try the vts in the 2wd.let me know how the c diff works on your lose track. I'm curious my self on how it does..
Old 08-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yes my tracks are lose to so that why I think it does so good.I still get some tire spin if i'm on the throttle hard so some slipping is good..I gonna try the vts in the 2wd.let me know how the c diff works on your lose track. I'm curious my self on how it does..

THe Cdif will shine on the loose stuff more so than the high grip, thats basically what i designed it for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.