Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhhack
Anyone using turnigy nano saddles in the FT set up?

Want to make sure there isnt a fitment issue before i pay the shipping from china

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ddle_Pack.html

Figures, they are backordered now, hopefully back in stock soon.
i've had good luck with em. Been running 2 of them and both are my strongest and more consistent-punching packs. And my car is over-powered and draws high-amps. Novak havoc pro SC w/ x drive & ballistic 550 4.5 w/ high torque rotor (geared 60/17). 2nd level on boost settings. Motor gets 170 after a 8 minute main and esc 110 with the battery not breaking a sweat. ~100*.
Also let a guy with a b44.1 borrow em and try em and he fell in love. He's ordering a few whenever their in stock. lol
Old 03-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Legend

Cameron

You still don't realize that Cody is
perhaps one of the fastest drivers Ae has ....

If you had ever seen his Sc10 run ?

You would not of said as you have just posted......
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
This is their newest platform to race and they don't have their TOP guns slinging them? They dominated the Reedy truck race with them and then shelve them again??? Just saying . Something is up. If you have 5 R/C's in your garage and AE says pick 4 classes that you have the best chance of winning at this event and they all leave the SC4w at home??? I think they have only major event raced them twice!

All I can say is AE needs to buy a couple of center diffs from RCShox for these boys. It fits under the black gear cover.
Yeah, no kidding. One of the Ryans is always running at one of our local tracks and not once have I seen him run the sc104x there. Maybe only for that promo vid he did when it first came out, but that's it.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
You seem to have no clue to how good or fast Cody is with his Sc trucks ....

Both more than capable ....
Oh I know they ARE in the TOP 5 AE has for drivers. I am not dissing them and glad that they ARE racing the SC4w class. (I will be lapped by them at the TRCR Showdown. ) I am sure they will both be in the "A" but does the any of the other (old) platforms need more win's under their belt?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Ball diff

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
It replaces the use of the slipper pads...... And it can be purchased from..

RCSHOX.COM
What is the part number for the ball diff? Is there more than one supplier? I would like to get one for my SC10
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Legend

Oh I know they ARE in the TOP 5 AE has for drivers. I am not dissing them and glad that they ARE racing the SC4w class. (I will be lapped by them at the TRCR Showdown. ) I am sure they will both be in the "A" but does the any of the other (old) platforms need more win's under their belt?

Cam, You make it like Ae is not using their best drivers for the Sc class , telling you !!!

They are ....

Kody is one of the best drivers I have ever seen run ....

buggy, sc, what ever .....

Vito !!!

Nice pic , looking good ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 03-22-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Orange
Im having problems getting batteries to fit. What are my options? I bought a dynamite 6000mah 30c hard case lipo but it seems too tall cant get the battery strap over it.
anybody have an answer dont want to keep guessing which battery will work.

thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Orange
anybody have an answer dont want to keep guessing which battery will work.

thanks
Based on what I use, I would say go with a battery that is 25mm or shorter as far as height is concerned.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Cam, You make it like Ae is not using their best drivers for the Sc class , telling you !!!

They are ....

Cody is one of the best drivers I have ever seen run ....

I would not even be able to run 4 classes and work on everything so hats off to them for running all the classes they do for AE drivers. There is only 32 trucks entered and I of course don't recognize all the names, but Losi is loaded with 4 drivers, Durango has 4. That leave 2 spots for AE. Considering they will all turn the times needed for the A. Last year this race was the debut race for this truck and Ryan M TQ'd then got smashed in the Main's by Losi. 8 vs 2 is not good odds again. I will be glued all weekend watching this race on LiveRC I was just hoping for more of a turn out in my FAVORITE class that's all. I will be spending all my Live RC bucks on Kody.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Legend

Kody's my favorite, Oyeah .....
Old 03-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

They are ....

Vito !!!

Nice pic , looking good ....
thanks i was look in good till i hit the brakes dont work radio epa is at a 100 and i had to re set the esc works good now. can i trun the brake epa down there to stong for me?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by specgie
i've had good luck with em. Been running 2 of them and both are my strongest and more consistent-punching packs. And my car is over-powered and draws high-amps. Novak havoc pro SC w/ x drive & ballistic 550 4.5 w/ high torque rotor (geared 60/17). 2nd level on boost settings. Motor gets 170 after a 8 minute main and esc 110 with the battery not breaking a sweat. ~100*.
Also let a guy with a b44.1 borrow em and try em and he fell in love. He's ordering a few whenever their in stock. lol
What receiver & servo are you using with that setup?
Old 03-22-2012, 02:20 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You seem to have no clue to how good or fast Cody is with his Sc trucks .... Both more than capable ....
Cameron
You still don't realize that Cody is
perhaps one of the fastest drivers Ae has ....
Cody's my favorite, Oyeah .....
If you stroke it anymore, WC, you're going to make a mess... Seriously.

Looks like Steven and Kody will be the AE drivers in the SC4w class at the Cactus Classic. The Ryan's sure seem like they opted out of that class often. I know they are running 4 classes but still. The SC4w seems to be the red headed step child with these guys. Maybe they are waiting for AE's SC8.2e conversion.
Don't blurt out things like that! You'll scare everyone!

4x4 Class is still not taken seriously. Asking around, Most 'career RC guys' think it's just a fad that will die out. Which it has in some places. (like they thought SC was) Which people still think to this day. Don't misunderstand. I 'know' how many entrants are in most of these events, but I really think it's that thing where "Truck and Buggy is respectable racing" the 2wd SC finally had it's taboo removed last year. 4x4 with a standard crowd is a bashfest in many situations.

Some Teams force their drivers to drive a class, They don't seem to be doing that. I know why, but it still hurts it beyond the "desire" to run the platform.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Legend

Yote you would know ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.