Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by xxfile
Wellll there are NO setups on rc 10 for a real dirt track they all seem to be for those Socal clay(asphalt) blue groove tracks where u guys run slicks lol.
We run on a loose dirty dusty almost 1/8 scale track and the thing is hard to get balanced.
The rear end wants to pass the front in sweepers or coming out of tight corners.
Currently started with the FT stock manual setup. running a castle 4 pole with M4 calibers.
took off both swaybars and it helped... reduced preload a lot and that helped.
after a couple of batteries the rear diff seemed to be locking up so that was it for night one.
Now digging deep to access the diff.
Is this diff a shim issue?
Center diff is the best thing you can buy for that type of track which is what the setup i posted a few days ago is for. It has been proven time and time again that it very difficult to get any slipper to work good on a loose track. In the meantime make the front of the truck less aggressive via inside Roll center shims and front end alignment of 0 camber, 1*toe in and the ackerman bar in the far back position ( the RCShox ACKbar has two more holes than the FT block). Once you get the truck to "push " a little then you can bring the steering back to where it suits your style. yellow springs and sway bar also help.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Maddog94
There is A LOT of stuff to adjust on this truck. Probably too much!

I gave up trying to figure out what does what. There are most likely 2 or 3 ways (maybe more) to achieve any given setup goal with this vehicle.

I am slowly learning NOT to take anyone else's setup advice. No 2 tracks are exactly alike, and no 2 drivers drive the same. Just pick one thing at a time to adjust, try it, be ready to change it back immediately if the desired effect is not achieved, and then try something else.

One thing I'm working on now is adding weight. A metric shyte-ton of it. I currently race on a 1/8 scale outdoor track and I think more weight is essential to compete the wind and against the heavier Losi's.
Exactly, which is why i suggest starting with my setup for outdoor tracks since thats all i run on, and then ask me or one of my team drivers where to go from there, otherwise your going to get a million different opinions.

The Exotec chassis is a must in outdoor tracks, as well as weights in the nose.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Marcus do you recommend the setup posted a few pages back, Cams setup or your setup in your Rchsox thread as a base?
I'm starting over, stock slipper and all.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Page 1758

For future reference the "few pages back" is page 1758

Its pretty close to the FT manual setup .
I think maybe the rear diff problem was causing most of our problems we shall see after its fixed..

Clicker or locked?

we tried both but again gonna go with a base setup and start over afer the diffs done.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I think maybe the rear diff problem was causing most of our problems we shall see after its fixed..

Clicker or locked?

we tried both but again gonna go with a base setup and start over afer the diffs done.
Clicker locked.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
Marcus do you recommend the setup posted a few pages back, Cams setup or your setup in your Rchsox thread as a base?
I'm starting over, stock slipper and all.
I update the RCShox thread setup as i make changes so i would go with that except it is optimized for the centerdif

Clicker or locked?

Not really like the FT setup, rear links are different, oils are different, center dif, springs are not the same either.
locked for sure on the clicker.
If the rear dif is messed up it will wreak havoc!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Marcus, what's your thoughts on the EXOTEK front slipper clutch lock thingy?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default lost speed

i recently took my sc apart and now that i have put it back together i cant seem to make doubles with ease, all parts are new gearing is the same , does the tighteness of the slipper clutch and clicker have anything to do with lose of speed thanks.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nowhere did we see the up limiters in the book but it came with lots of them.
Yeah, not mentioned in the book but it should have been.
The only rc car that I remember having in more years than I have fingers and toes that needs to have the uptravel limited or it tears itself apart
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Maddog94
Marcus, what's your thoughts on the EXOTEK front slipper clutch lock thingy?
Seems like a good idea and it seems to work!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

think it would be effective with the center diff?? Has anyone tried that?

I don't understand how it works..
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

so I just bought a ride height gauge..... anyway. I check right behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheels right?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Seems like a good idea and it seems to work!
LOL, yeah it works. I have one. At practice before my race last week, my truck was acting "a little funny" and didn't seem to have the speed I was used to.

Turned out that the slipper clutch adjustment nut had completely worked itself loose. All I had was front wheel drive. I had the rear slipper extremely loose as I was trying to compensate for a loose rear end. Eventually, after fixing the missing nut, I went tighter on the slipper and it didn't really make the rear end worse for the wear anyway.

Anyhow, the point of all this is do you still recommend the garodisks when using this part?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

sure glad I kept my truck. I think a lot of guys will regret selling theirs too. When you finally figure out how to set it up , it is totally different animal, does whatever you want it to do. I'm dying to get track time on mine. have my batteries charged up n ready to go.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boogieb333
i recently took my sc apart and now that i have put it back together i cant seem to make doubles with ease, all parts are new gearing is the same , does the tighteness of the slipper clutch and clicker have anything to do with lose of speed thanks.
had the same issue too.. took everything apart again and re installed everything and it was flawless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.