Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ooh, forgot to ask.

Never had an electric 4 wheel before. How do you set the slipper on this thing? The same way you would on a 2 wheel?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbowop
I've never had an issue with plastic hexes. On three different trucks. If you're stripping them, there is probably some user error involved.
Its not that hard to put a wheel on a hex?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Its not that hard to put a wheel on a hex?
Then why are you having so much trouble
Old 05-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cult have you tried the hex's from the SCTe? I have the Tekno 6mm Slash hex's but have not pulled them off the SCTe to try, will do that when I get a chance.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Cult have you tried the hex's from the SCTe? I have the Tekno 6mm Slash hex's but have not pulled them off the SCTe to try, will do that when I get a chance.
ya I tried that a week ago, there slightly smaller. I thought they would fit. What mm are the axles? 4 or 5?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Ooh, forgot to ask.

Never had an electric 4 wheel before. How do you set the slipper on this thing? The same way you would on a 2 wheel?
Yep.

Also another tuning option. Have anyone tried changing their expos? If not consider it.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Then why are you having so much trouble
Because Cult Racing is stipping hexes like other people at the track
Old 05-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

ya I tried that a week ago, there slightly smaller. I thought they would fit. What mm are the axles? 4 or 5?
Dude, honestly, did you pay somebody else to build the truck for you? It's a 6mm axle. Says so right in the instructions when you're assembling the CVAs and putting bearings in the carriers.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Having an issue with off power steering. I think a sway bar might help, but i'm just not getting enough. I am now using the clicker, but it still isn't great.

What have you found that works?

Stock springs, 35 front 30 back shocks on inner on top and outer bottom. Long camber links front and back
Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need Straight Body Posts!

The front and rear body mount brackets (manual pages 14 &15) are the exact same width and location as as the mounts for 2wd and 4x4 Slash which is fantastic since many of us have bodies already drilled for Slash we would like to run on the SC10 4x4 too. Thanks AE! However, the posts themselves have an odd 1/2 inch 'cobra head' offset, which pushes the Slash body either a half inch too far forward or rearward depending on which direction you install the offset. Straight posts would be perfect and all your old Slash bodies will drop right on without having to drill any new holes. I sure would like to slap whoever spoiled perfection by making the silly offset posts, lol. Does anyone know of any straight square body posts from another vehicle that would slip into the square hole of these body mount brackets?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hmmm... built bone stock (no pun intended ), most of us, if we do complain, complain about too much steering, off and on power.

I know it's a silly question, but are you sure your tires are matched for your track?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Dude, honestly, did you pay somebody else to build the truck for you? It's a 6mm axle. Says so right in the instructions when you're assembling the CVAs and putting bearings in the carriers.
Oh ya, i payed someone to build my truck . Because i totally check what the size of the axle is when i put my truck together... Honestly who looks at the specs of the axles when putting a truck together that you have been waiting forever for? I no i didnt, i was looking at the instructions to get it built and finished to have some fun with it.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ChucksTrucks
The front and rear body mount brackets (manual pages 14 &15) are the exact same width and location as as the mounts for 2wd and 4x4 Slash which is fantastic since many of us have bodies already drilled for Slash we would like to run on the SC10 4x4 too. Thanks AE! However, the posts themselves have an odd 1/2 inch 'cobra head' offset, which pushes the Slash body either a half inch too far forward or rearward depending on which direction you install the offset. Straight posts would be perfect and all your old Slash bodies will drop right on without having to drill any new holes. I sure would like to slap whoever spoiled perfection by making the silly offset posts, lol. Does anyone know of any straight square body posts from another vehicle that would slip into the square hole of these body mount brackets?
Durtrax makes a set. 3-4$
Old 05-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Oh ya, i payed someone to build my truck . Because i totally check what the size of the axle is when i put my truck together... Honestly who looks at the specs of the axles when putting a truck together that you have been waiting forever for? I no i didnt, i was looking at the instructions to get it built and finished to have some fun with it.
Not sure if you realize this...but...in the steps where you're putting the bearings in, it tells you the size. You could've just like, opened the manual.

Your inability (or lack of desire) to help yourself is slightly unnerving.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BoneDoc
Hmmm... built bone stock (no pun intended ), most of us, if we do complain, complain about too much steering, off and on power.

I know it's a silly question, but are you sure your tires are matched for your track?

+1 my truck well screw into the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.