Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just upgraded to the RX8 from the MMP to run with my 2650, is it normal for the temps on the ESC to be around 120 degrees after about 3 min of runtime? My MMP barely broke room temp. I didnt install the fan with the rx8 but if i need it Ill put it on.

Im running my current @ 80% with 0 timing. My motor runs about 100-110.

Thanks,
Rocky
Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser
I'm wondering WTF you guys are doing to your MMP's to smoke them. Mine's been flawless. Running a Spektrum S6030 servo BTW
Received a brand new MMP from Castle after warranty. Wired it up correctly, calibrated it, and immediately after calibrating not only did it go up in smoke, but it was a ball of fire. The esc was on fire I quickly unplugged the battery and put it out. Luckily only the wiring, plugs, and some plastics melted, and there was no serious loss. The lipo wasn't even warm and still works properly. Not sure what happened cause my mmp used to be my trusty esc.

This was unacceptable. I now only use an RX8 in my SCTE and 1/8 buggy. Use a MMM in my truggy. Been happy with the RX8 amd MMM.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well, danged if I didn't go to the LHS for a couple things today and find not 1 but 2 SCTE's on the shelf. Of course now, they only have 1 on the shelf
Chrispins ordered, MMP, Ballistic 5.5 550, and Hitec HS-985MG in and ready to go. FYI - no glitching with the HS-985MG and the MMP in this (on the bench) or my SC10
Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is my box of three smoked MMP's... All bought new, two had BEC's all used the glitch busters from Spektrum. I used Hitec 965mg's, 50C Fantom 2S packs.

I'm sorry but if I buy something and it fails 3 times, I can not recommend anyone using it. If I had one fail and the rest worked, then yea it's isolated and I had a bad one. I have been into R/C for about 25 years, been soldering and hooking up electronics for about that long. I do know what I am doing.

BEC and Powercap...

Old 04-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have two MMP's they didnt give me any issues. I did run CC becs with them but after reading so much bad things I upgraded both my trucks to tekins. The RS PRO is much bette in my xxx. Havent had much wheel time with the rx8.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
Lots of guys on many forums are using ofna diff gears in their scte's. They
say with a little moding they work just fine. Some are even using the ofna
pins and shims.

Alot of guys are getting very creative to keep their scte's on the race track.
I'm going to start tinkering with ofna pins/gears. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've been using MMP esc's for a year now and I have 3 of them.. I have had 0 issues with them. I Do have to run a glitch buster in my SCTE with my Savox servo to make things at peace. I've been thinking about upgrading my Rx/Tx to some of the new Airtronics stuff. I hear that the spektrum sr300 rx is most of the problems with glitchy servos and that's the rx I've got in all 3 of my trucks.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I'm going to start tinkering with ofna pins/gears. Thanks for the info.
any part# for ref. ???
it's really help a lot..................
Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just thought I'd post a pic my Painter just sent me of my two new bodies. One for my Losi 8ight-E 2.0 and the other for my SCTE. I pick them up on Sunday, Can't wait to put them on!!! For those of you who run at Revelation or OCRC, You probably know DJ, he's the painter who did them.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RAPER
I've been using MMP esc's for a year now and I have 3 of them.. I have had 0 issues with them. I Do have to run a glitch buster in my SCTE with my Savox servo to make things at peace. I've been thinking about upgrading my Rx/Tx to some of the new Airtronics stuff. I hear that the spektrum sr300 rx is most of the problems with glitchy servos and that's the rx I've got in all 3 of my trucks.
you on 2s? and have you ran it in an scte on 2s?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SEF
Received a brand new MMP from Castle after warranty. Wired it up correctly, calibrated it, and immediately after calibrating not only did it go up in smoke, but it was a ball of fire. The esc was on fire I quickly unplugged the battery and put it out. Luckily only the wiring, plugs, and some plastics melted, and there was no serious loss. The lipo wasn't even warm and still works properly. Not sure what happened cause my mmp used to be my trusty esc.

This was unacceptable. I now only use an RX8 in my SCTE and 1/8 buggy. Use a MMM in my truggy. Been happy with the RX8 amd MMM.

They work great no issues
Old 04-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Theroc
I just upgraded to the RX8 from the MMP to run with my 2650, is it normal for the temps on the ESC to be around 120 degrees after about 3 min of runtime? My MMP barely broke room temp. I didnt install the fan with the rx8 but if i need it Ill put it on.

Im running my current @ 80% with 0 timing. My motor runs about 100-110.

Thanks,
Rocky
not really. What gearing are you running. Make sure you dont have a bind anywhere. mine never breaks 90 degrees. No fan.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bajabro
ok.... so i have my futuba 9351 servo ready to go, just picked up the ballistic 4.5..... Now on to the esc. Stuck between the Havoc pro sc... (which i have had the same one for over a year and never had issues with until a few weeks ago) and the rx8. I run on indoor tracks and the likelyhood of ever running on a large outdoor is very slim. So do i really need the RX8?
Blew up a havoc pro, on a small indoor track. When it was working I had runtime issues.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SEF

And how does the rx8 compare? For those who refuse to use it. Id bet problem free.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
And how does the rx8 compare? For those who refuse to use it. Id bet problem free.
Clearly everyone's experience is different. My RX8 has been very unreliable. My MMP has been totally reliable. Go figure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.