Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is it just me or does anyone else see that the price of the losi ten scte keeps going up and down on Amains website? One day ill see 279 and the next ill see 299??
Old 04-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07

I can tell you the HD lightened outdrives make a big difference in the car so if you are looking to lower your rotating mass while increasing your durability, I would put those on BO. Those ship on the 14th so should be in stock towards the end of the month.
As soon as they were available for BO/pre order, I was on horizon doing it!!! Same material and same plant that makes the 8ight HD cups, I'm in!! I can't freaking wait for these suckers to arrive.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

just stumbled across these lil gems...
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...43&p_catid=271
i know most prefer plastic but ...i got a set on the way. my scte is gonna be a lil 3S piggy lol planted!!!!!!

Last edited by BDRMBULLY; 04-13-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
just stumbled across these lil gems...
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...43&p_catid=271
i know most prefer plastic but ...i got a set on the way. my scte is gonna be a lil 3S piggy lol planted!!!!!!
I'd stay as far away as you can from anything aluminum with integy stamped on it for sure. I learned my lesson the hard way and kept buying that crap for my Tmaxx back in the day...kept breaking it too! That was in 2002 so maybe things have changed? Just my 2cents
Old 04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Anything under 180 is ok with our motors. Where are you esc settings?
I had a friend set it up since I don't know much about electrics. I know I have 0 drag brake and 100% brake and 100% throttle.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I guess if you really want to run it and you have a broken arm you cant find a replacement for at the moment. But other than that I agree.... It should be called InteJUNK.

Plus, stiff aluminum arms are going to handle way different than the stock plastic that have some flex to them.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Everybody bags on Integy's parts when in reality they are made the same way as ALMOST every other aluminum part from most other manufacturers .

The problem isn't the parts its the people who put them on and expect them to be stronger than the plastic parts they are replacing .

Parts like a arms , bumpers , that take impact energy need to be able to absorb it and disperse it , Aluminum just transfers the impact energy to the next weakest part . Parts like bulkheads , hinge pin holders , knuckles , rear hubs , etc. can benefit from aluminum cause they don't experience the same loads on them .

Aluminum can be good if used in the right spots (even Integy parts) just don't expect it to take big hits and not bend or cause other parts to break .
Old 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
I agree. I think the engineering behind the MMP wasn't as well thought out as it should have been. When it works, it works great. Never had any temp issues with the ESC or motor, but if its going to cut out intermittently, that's something I can't accept. If I continue having issues with this setup I'm putting it up for sale and getting another RX8 SC4X.

I went with the MMP SCT at first because of the price. Now I can get a better setup at a cheaper price

I'm sure it has been. Point I was trying to make was that the JR 8800T servo is an "old" servo and I shouldn't have been experiencing any glitching when using it with the MMP SCT combo...and I'm not. The problem I'm having with the MMP SCT combo is that it cuts out when applying full throttle at times and in some instances power is cut out completely.
Originally Posted by SaladFork
I ran 965mg's all last year and still had issues with the MMP. I think what people bitch and whine about is having to select your electronics around the ESC when you can buy another brand and not worry about which servo to use or be forced to use a BEC's or glitch busters. The majority don't realize this when buying the ESC so are plagued with issues playing Sherlock Holmes trying to get the ESC to run right. Not to mention, say you have a JR9100S which is a spendy servo but if I get the MMP I have to downgrade my $140.00 servo in order to get my $125.00 ESC to work correctly?

Ass backwards...

I'm not saying it's right.. it is a$$ backwards but there is a TON of info out there on what works and doesn't. This wasn't directed at anyone particular, just a general comment. That said if a glitch buster works fine, if a external bec works fine i guess to each his own. I think it should just work, no extras. The thing is that mmp has worked flawless for me but I always use fairly standard 1/10 servo's (sub 150oz) or the 985mp for higher demand setups like the scte and my 8ight-e. The 985 servo works great, cost is like 70, you just can't go wrong with it iMO. I'm just saying if you buy a mmp, you need to go in knowing you may have issues, if you can avoid the issues why not just do it. I would say if you don't want to think about this you should just spend the few extra bucks for the rx8 and be done.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

say you get the up graged hinge pin holders and are using the a arms. i understand pins will bend but whats after that? chassis? they would make excellent back ups im thinking as well.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Everybody bags on Integy's parts when in reality they are made the same way as ALMOST every other aluminum part from most other manufacturers .

The problem isn't the parts its the people who put them on and expect them to be stronger than the plastic parts they are replacing .

Parts like a arms , bumpers , that take impact energy need to be able to absorb it and disperse it , Aluminum just transfers the impact energy to the next weakest part . Parts like bulkheads , hinge pin holders , knuckles , rear hubs , etc. can benefit from aluminum cause they don't experience the same loads on them .

Aluminum can be good if used in the right spots (even Integy parts) just don't expect it to take big hits and not bend or cause other parts to break .
At least I like their quick connect electric screwdriver hex bits and aluminum handle.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Stock wears, maybe stretches is more accurate in the pin area. This is not a big deal.. the 8ight stock ackerman does it too & both of them run great even with it. The kingheadz aftermarket 8ight ones lightened and have bronze bushings for me anyway, have taken the wear a lot better than the stockers did. This is what I would be looking for.. PS not complaining, just a part I would buy in on.
Originally Posted by hacker07
Huh...I'll take a look at that then and see if we can come up with something. I wasnt taking it as a knock, really trying to see if ther eis a need for new stuff.

Yes it would be a great item to have for both the scte and the 8ights for that matter :P $$$ left on the table.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jhautz
I guess if you really want to run it and you have a broken arm you cant find a replacement for at the moment. But other than that I agree.... It should be called InteJUNK.

Plus, stiff aluminum arms are going to handle way different than the stock plastic that have some flex to them.
Yeah I've heard InstaJUNK, SINtegy, you name it. They can put a serious hole in a persons wallet in broken aluminum. I have seen plenty of integy'd out shelf queens break faster than stock rigs. Its all bling unless u REALLY need a replacement arm. Plus usual aluminum will at least bend...this stuff just breaks.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LRPO
Yeah I've heard InstaJUNK, SINtegy, you name it. They can put a serious hole in a persons wallet in broken aluminum. I have seen plenty of integy'd out shelf queens break faster than stock rigs. Its all bling unless u REALLY need a replacement arm. Plus usual aluminum will at least bend...this stuff just breaks.
oh they do make okay servo arms....hit and miss
Old 04-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I noticed this yesterday. Whats up with the washers that are in the diffs under the sun gears? They seem to be of poor quality. I had one that wasnt really flat, almost coned shaped. Also on one side it was really rough and had a lip that would catch a nail if drug across. Could one of you Losi guys shed some light on this please? Sorry, i didnt even think of taking pics at the time.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

would a castle sidewinder sct esc work ok in this truck. my mm pro esc isn't working. i can get the sidewinder fairly cheap. i will be using the 1410 3800

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.