Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 PM
  #21466  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
suby723's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Hill Tennessee
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kylesfv
Ordered my TLR tuning kit on sunday from amain. But just making sure, do the shock caps come pre-drilled for emulsion ?
Yes just cut out your bladders.
suby723 is offline  
Old 10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
  #21467  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Kylesfv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by suby723
Yes just cut out your bladders.
sweet thanks
Kylesfv is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 AM
  #21468  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Thumbs up

@ChrisAttebery,
Thx for the package, well received in Geneva today.
Still waiting :-( on my LiPo (3*6000mah 2S 65C) and my CC MMP SC with 1415/2400Kv.
All the best,
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 03:04 AM
  #21469  
Tech Regular
 
vasidudu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by vasidudu
@ChrisAttebery,
Thx for the package, well received in Geneva today.
Still waiting :-( on my LiPo (3*6000mah 2S 65C) and my CC MMP SC with 1415/2400Kv.
All the best,
V
In the meantime, a pic of my ride:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
V
vasidudu is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 04:32 AM
  #21470  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
gtsakiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Demolished Shore, NJ
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

with the losi tuning kit for the scte how are most guys setting the F/R adjustable hinge pins for race conditions? thanks in advance.

Last edited by gtsakiris; 10-04-2011 at 04:42 AM.
gtsakiris is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 AM
  #21471  
Tech Apprentice
 
Wheelman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Danielson CT
Posts: 60
Default lipo

Im new to the electric sct after reading some posts im going with the Rx8 & Pro 4 4600kv motor what is a good lipo & charger set up for sct racing? thanks
Wheelman82 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:20 AM
  #21472  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
ChefDementia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 413
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gtsakiris
with the losi tuning kit for the scte how are most guys setting the F/R adjustable hinge pins for race conditions? thanks in advance.
0's all around.
ChefDementia is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 AM
  #21473  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
alvinsmith75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Orleans Area
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wheelman82
Im new to the electric sct after reading some posts im going with the Rx8 & Pro 4 4600kv motor what is a good lipo & charger set up for sct racing? thanks
My personal recommendation would be a Hyperion Duo charger(or any of the hyperion chargers) and a 6000mah lipo or better. I would say this would be best case scenario.
I use a Hyperion Duo 2 charger and Gensace 5000mah 50c lipos with the 4600 and mmp and I can run 8minute mains with no problem. Definately could not make 10 minutes however.
alvinsmith75 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
  #21474  
Tech Apprentice
 
Wheelman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Danielson CT
Posts: 60
Default

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
My personal recommendation would be a Hyperion Duo charger(or any of the hyperion chargers) and a 6000mah lipo or better. I would say this would be best case scenario.
I use a Hyperion Duo 2 charger and Gensace 5000mah 50c lipos with the 4600 and mmp and I can run 8minute mains with no problem. Definately could not make 10 minutes however.
Thanks for the info
Wheelman82 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 AM
  #21475  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
R6cj69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I need some gear help folks..
I've been running my Losi SCTE for a few runs now and just like most of you i have had gear problems in the diffs.
I have replaced the stock pins with the the ones from Chris Atterberry but all my gears and shims are stock Losi. Now I did read the front page for other gear suggestions...
Other Diff gear alternatives
OFN21003 - gears and pins (only using the small bevel gears and pins..)
KYO96775 - Kyosho bevel gear washer/shims or any 4x10x.15 washers

You will need two of those behind each bevel gear to help things mesh properly. At least that's what mine needed.

Pull the losi or AE pins out and toss em on the side.. Same with the Losi gears, tiny washers and aluminum bushings and replace with OFNA gears, Kyosho washers (or equivalent).


But I still have a couple of questions...
First it says to only use the small Ofna bevel gears and pins..
Secondly the OP suggested putting two shims behind each bevel gear for proper mesh.

My questions are this.
What gear do I need to use for the larger crown gears and is everybody else using two shims as well?

I'm tired of replacing crappy gears with more crappy gears...
help please!
R6cj69 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 AM
  #21476  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
larlev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Austin, Tx.
Posts: 1,533
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R6cj69
I need some gear help folks..
I've been running my Losi SCTE for a few runs now and just like most of you i have had gear problems in the diffs.
I have replaced the stock pins with the the ones from Chris Atterberry but all my gears and shims are stock Losi. Now I did read the front page for other gear suggestions...
Other Diff gear alternatives
OFN21003 - gears and pins (only using the small bevel gears and pins..)
KYO96775 - Kyosho bevel gear washer/shims or any 4x10x.15 washers

You will need two of those behind each bevel gear to help things mesh properly. At least that's what mine needed.

Pull the losi or AE pins out and toss em on the side.. Same with the Losi gears, tiny washers and aluminum bushings and replace with OFNA gears, Kyosho washers (or equivalent).


But I still have a couple of questions...
First it says to only use the small Ofna bevel gears and pins..
Secondly the OP suggested putting two shims behind each bevel gear for proper mesh.

My questions are this.
What gear do I need to use for the larger crown gears and is everybody else using two shims as well?

I'm tired of replacing crappy gears with more crappy gears...
help please!
Look at getting the "Chris kit", it replaces the shims, blocks. I have 6mths of hard running on my truck and have not had a single gear issue. Pins were replaced with Chrispins at the start. I guess I've been lucky

Take a pic of your issues...would like to see damage if possible
larlev is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 AM
  #21477  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (76)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange county CA
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wheelman82
Im new to the electric sct after reading some posts im going with the Rx8 & Pro 4 4600kv motor what is a good lipo & charger set up for sct racing? thanks
Lipos I highly recommend thunderpower 2 year warranty. But thats just what I like.

For chargers you can spend $500 or $50 I dont know you budget
But high end are Thunderpower 810 chargers/ protek 1000 powersupplies
Low end Thunder AC6 nice balancing charger but slower
Chase1472 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
  #21478  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,489
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
My truck weighs 5 pounds 14 ounces ready to race
Pics and Details Please Rich I haven't gone Full out, And the B*e chassis test the other day went Horrible So i dont know exactly the route im taking just so yet. Im sitting @ 6lbs 3-4 oz

Originally Posted by Wheelman82
Im new to the electric sct after reading some posts im going with the Rx8 & Pro 4 4600kv motor what is a good lipo & charger set up for sct racing? thanks

Yes the charger is expensive but you'll save a few bucks on the packs to balance things out.


Charger

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-7S-20A-500W

Packs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Integra is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 AM
  #21479  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
R6cj69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by larlev
Look at getting the "Chris kit", it replaces the shims, blocks. I have 6mths of hard running on my truck and have not had a single gear issue. Pins were replaced with Chrispins at the start. I guess I've been lucky

Take a pic of your issues...would like to see damage if possible
I'll try to get a picture if I still have the gears. My last problem was in the rear diff. I believe most of the problem was due to a lack of oil. After it started clicking I took it apartand it was only about 1/3 to 1/2 filled with oil and the small bevel gears were worn pretty badly. The crown gears, shims, blocks and pins were all fine.
R6cj69 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM
  #21480  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kylesfv
Ordered my TLR tuning kit on sunday from amain. But just making sure, do the shock caps come pre-drilled for emulsion ?
Yes the caps will be drilled in the TLR kit

Originally Posted by gtsakiris
with the losi tuning kit for the scte how are most guys setting the F/R adjustable hinge pins for race conditions? thanks in advance.
0's all around in the front. For the rears we are running 1's up in the front and 0's in the rear.
Casper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.