Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gidi-up
It was not my fault it broke, slammed in the rear by another SCTE during a heat race, that's racing. I called into Horizon to see when back in stock, told him my story and the person offered a replacement, then stated it should have been the newer style, very good CS.

I was counting on a upgraded rear bumper as you stated you improved earlier in this Forum and CS indicating it was. Then to my disappointment it was not improved as I was led to believe. I told the Horizon person if it was not the new/improved version there was no need to send and thanks for the offer.

This rear bumper breaking happened to 2 different SCTE's this last race, one of the other guys SCTE broke the rear bumper, tore the rear shock off, ripped the rear A-arm off due to the front and rear Pivot mounts bent, it was a hard hit, it happens. The other was a high jumper that tail landed.

I posted this due to other have been asking if the new bumpers would have the improvement, it was a way to inform them this is not the case, hence the purpose of a Forum. Then if I would have paid for this it would have been returned as it is not strong enough from my experience and the fate of others I have witnessed, sorry just the facts, appears I am not as lucky as y'all.

So I am disappointed in this reply coming from a person like you, then thinking you know all the facts of "the breakage being my fault", ...I take that personally, that hurts.
Do you hear "no stopping on the straightaway!!!" yelled a lot at your track?

...they may be talking to you.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by iThinman
Do you hear "no stopping on the straightaway!!!" yelled a lot at your track?

...they may be talking to you.

< SNORK!!! > Phew...just missed my keyboard!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I seem to notice a couple of people say they haven't broken a thing on their SCTEs. Are you guys racing in small indoor tracks with small jumps and short straights? That's what I'm assuming. We have 5 guys running Losis at my track. We've all broken our bumpers etc. We run on a huge outdoor 1/8th nitro track with 5 foot tall doubles and triples. Tell me you haven't broken a thing once you run a pack on a track like that.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AnonymousUser
I must not have gotten the piece of paper in my box with the truck that said "This truck is the offspring of Chuck Norris and Charlie Sheen"

Can you scan yours so I can see what it looks like?
WINNING!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory48
I seem to notice a couple of people say they haven't broken a thing on their SCTEs. Are you guys racing in small indoor tracks with small jumps and short straights? That's what I'm assuming. We have 5 guys running Losis at my track. We've all broken our bumpers etc. We run on a huge outdoor 1/8th nitro track with 5 foot tall doubles and triples. Tell me you haven't broken a thing once you run a pack on a track like that.
No, ive raced at ocrc - http://ocrcraceway.com/
and wcrc - http://www.westcoastrcraceway.com/

those arent small.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Just because you run on an 1/8 scale track doesn't mean you have to try and drive the track like you are driving an 1/8 scale.

I've run mine on this track, 1/8 line, for the past 2 weeks with no damage except for a rear bumper that was trashed well before on our 1/10 track

http://youtu.be/jM2tIwYG4A0

I can clear Mt. Jelich with little effort, but can only double-triple the back side on a good pack >70% full....so I don't try otherwise.

"You can drive yo car with your feet....but that don't make it a good idea!". -Chris Rock
Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE
gear down. 18 seemed to generate some high temps at out local indoor track. try 16 or even 14. 18 is a bit much for small indoor. I havent even considered going that high for outdoors.
Rage,

I should gear down? My motor is only running @ 110 degrees. I put the fan on it today and it ran about 100 degrees (ESC). Its wierd cause my MMP was always cool with the exact setup. Maybe Ill play with the settings a little or gear down .

Thanks,
Roc
Old 04-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Compared to the tracks you guys posted, they're quite small compared to ours. Not dissing on your tracks cuz I'm sure they're very nice. Just trying to paint a picture of the challenges we face. And no, we try to avoid taking risks like rolling the jumps instead of jumping them. On our track, if you stand on the bottom of the first jump, you can't see the landing from where you're standing. It's fun but hazardous to your kit.

Do you guys see our marshall in the yellow shirt? His head is about even with the top of the jump. There is also a 6 foot cliff drop on the bottom left of the track. To be able to see the entire track, we have a 3 story driver's stand.

But let's not turn this into a "my track is bigger than your track" argument. That's not the point. I only brought this up since it sounds like some posters on this thread have been implying that guys with broken kits should learn to drive. Although that may be true in many instances, it's not always the case.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Finally tore into my diffs after almost two months of racing and running and
.....wait for it.....Pins looked ok! Fronts were about a .001 of wear which I would consider normal,the center had started to groove a bit with about .002 of wear and the rears looked like the fronts not bad at all I would say other than the center very acceptable wear for as hard as I have been running this truck on the original pins.Even the center I would say is ok cuz I`M gonna re lube them up and go racing!And yes i`m one of those guys that have not broken a thing on this truck,those that are complaining about breaking stuff ,this is an r/c race car, they break!!! All race cars big and small break almost every-time out! When parts stock up at the hobby shops it wont be so bad but you cant expect horizon to replace every part you are breaking.When I used to Race Cockroaches we would lose a leg maybe a wing or an antenna it was just horrible Cheers! Whoops..the rears are actually really bad once I got all the oil off, picked up the front twice and thought they were the rears...no good rears have to be replaced but the gears and shims with alum blocks are ok.. well almost made it to the horizon pins LOL

Last edited by BmainStar; 04-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Compared to the tracks you guys posted, they're quite small compared to ours. Not dissing on your tracks cuz I'm sure they're very nice. Just trying to paint a picture of the challenges we face. And no, we try to avoid taking risks like rolling the jumps instead of jumping them. On our track, if you stand on the bottom of the first jump, you can't see the landing from where you're standing. It's fun but hazardous to your kit.

Do you guys see our marshall in the yellow shirt? His head is about even with the top of the jump. There is also a 6 foot cliff drop on the bottom left of the track. To be able to see the entire track, we have a 3 story driver's stand.

But let's not turn this into a "my track is bigger than your track" argument. That's not the point. I only brought this up since it sounds like some posters on this thread have been implying that guys with broken kits should learn to drive. Although that may be true in many instances, it's not always the case.

Thats one huge double dude
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Theroc
Rage,

I should gear down? My motor is only running @ 110 degrees. I put the fan on it today and it ran about 100 degrees (ESC). Its wierd cause my MMP was always cool with the exact setup. Maybe Ill play with the settings a little or gear down .

Thanks,
Roc
Are you messing with the timing? Maybe you have the wrong profile loaded. It's hard to give advive without all the info. If your motor is running low temps and your esc is hot. Probably not a gearing issue. Try adjusting the esc. Run lower timing advance. Or run your mmp. If you are running a castle motor maybe it will work better. Mine runs great and low temps on the rx8. Play with the settings on the esc.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Thats one huge double dude
Man that looks fun. Wish we had one of those around here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.