Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i just got my tuning kit and will post back on the rear hubs and if mine are like that also...

As for the battery issue...i used TRX connectors on my gens ace and other electrics and never had an issue til i got this truck up and running from the conversion(810 nitro to SCTE) and now that i have the SCT Pro and 4700kv motor temps were warm but not hot on the battery/TRX connector/wiring from batt to esc. Puffed (2)40c gens ace 5000mah batts so I desoldered the TRX plugs and went to the duratrax bullets and ordered the nano 6600's and wires were fairly warm but the battery was fine but my leads from the esc to batt are only 3-4" also so im hoping my heat issue is good but i have only ran a 1-2 batts since the plug/batt swap but so far im happy
Old 08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suteki
Sorry double post also, of note, i run a lvc of 3.6v per cell, so i cant be over discharging them.
I haven't seen any adjustment for lvc voltage per cell on an RX8, am I missing something? How do you do it? I do have the hot link.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
I haven't seen any adjustment for lvc voltage per cell on an RX8, am I missing something? How do you do it? I do have the hot link.
I'm 90% sure an esc that costs that much has an adjustment for that. even my hobbywing 150 amp has that adjustment as well as the mmp i used to use.
If you have a pc link it has to be there somewhere.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tony montana
Fella's give my man a break, he is a service man. I will listen to what he says even if he is wrong or right. It's a public forum remember.
Thanks Tony I was just giving my opinion so take it as one persons experience. I was able to put this fully modified truck together for
Bump chassis and losi tuning kit $189 is a good way to start if you go my route.
It really is the best 4x4 out but to be durable, reliable and dialed in everyone ditches the chassis, towers, out drives, Swiss cheese the battery tray. I have had luck with this as I'm not the fastest but very consistent and this setup has won me this year alone the Va RC Pro state series, 3rd so far in Roar Region, 2nd in club track series, and 1st and TQ at RC Pro Northeast final race today.
Only thing I wish would change is one day allow 3s, a 2650 on 3s can run for 15-20 minutes easy and in 100 degree heat run at 145-150 and esc at 110-120 so no strain on electronics. That or hopefully ESC and Batteries keep getting better so we don't have all these overheating and puffing batteries.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
Thanks Tony I was just giving my opinion so take it as one persons experience. I was able to put this fully modified truck together for
Bump chassis and losi tuning kit $189 is a good way to start if you go my route.
It really is the best 4x4 out but to be durable, reliable and dialed in everyone ditches the chassis, towers, out drives, Swiss cheese the battery tray. I have had luck with this as I'm not the fastest but very consistent and this setup has won me this year alone the Va RC Pro state series, 3rd so far in Roar Region, 2nd in club track series, and 1st and TQ at RC Pro Northeast final race today.
Only thing I wish would change is one day allow 3s, a 2650 on 3s can run for 15-20 minutes easy and in 100 degree heat run at 145-150 and esc at 110-120 so no strain on electronics. That or hopefully ESC and Batteries keep getting better so we don't have all these overheating and puffing batteries.
Just my 2 cents.
+1 on 3s should be the standard for shortcourse. I talked to my local track director and he said something about the drivetrain not being able to handle 3s. Doubt it. Used to run a castle 2400 on 3s and it was a perfec motor setup. The truck can definitley handle it. What the track guy was trying to say is, if the limit was 3s then racers would keep going to higher kv motors to the point of breaking. Doubt it. Even if there was no kv limit, racers would still be bound by heat issues and too much power. I feel if 3s was allowed, the kv limit would govern itself.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
open the hot link go to the battery section volt control slide it all the way to the top, (TO OFF) then adjust the amount with the little arrows
Old 08-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
open the hot link go to the battery section volt control slide it all the way to the top, (TO OFF) then adjust the amount with the little arrows
Just remember you are now setting total pack voltage and not individual cell voltage. If you want 3.2v cutoff per cell then set it to 6.4v in the hotwire.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Just remember you are now setting total pack voltage and not individual cell voltage. If you want 3.2v cutoff per cell then set it to 6.4v in the hotwire.
Thank you timannnn6
Old 08-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,
Whats the proper size screws to hold the front center and rear gear cases to the chassis?
Thanks.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigbearfin
Losi dominated Finnish SC summer cup. First five cars where Losi Scte.

Has anyone tried losi smartdiff in scte?
No ... there actually isn't a smartdiff for the SCTE ...
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Rear Diff grease for ring gear.

Took apart the rear diff today to install the tekno axles and rear drive shaft.. Took all the grease out of the diff and replaced with 3000 losi oil.

Few questions

Diff shims? I got the hardened GMK hardened diff shims. Six came in the pack. I used two for the rear, is that correct?

What about inside the housing, the ring gear that drives the drive shaft. How much grease should I use? All the vids on YouTube stop after the diff rebuild and don't address the ring gear inside the housing.

Front diff and center diff when the parts come in. Everything is on back order.

Tekno axles and drive shaft are much nicer and the fit is excellent. At the same time I replaced the Rear Hubs with the ST Racing aluminum hubs which also fit perfect.

Also put on the losi adjustable rear hinge pin, also much nicer than stock. Still to new to figure out what setting so I used 0 fit.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just a light cotaing of grease on the ring gear as most of it will be flung off inside the diff cases anyways ....
Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jeffem62
Took apart the rear diff today to install the tekno axles and rear drive shaft.. Took all the grease out of the diff and replaced with 3000 losi oil.

Few questions

Diff shims? I got the hardened GMK hardened diff shims. Six came in the pack. I used two for the rear, is that correct?

What about inside the housing, the ring gear that drives the drive shaft. How much grease should I use? All the vids on YouTube stop after the diff rebuild and don't address the ring gear inside the housing.

Front diff and center diff when the parts come in. Everything is on back order.

Tekno axles and drive shaft are much nicer and the fit is excellent. At the same time I replaced the Rear Hubs with the ST Racing aluminum hubs which also fit perfect.

Also put on the losi adjustable rear hinge pin, also much nicer than stock. Still to new to figure out what setting so I used 0 fit.

Thanks in advance for the help.
As long as your in the re-build of it, here is a good outdoor setup to use. Mine hooks up well with this one. http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...k-NitroPit.pdf
Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Another Tq and Win and Texas State Series 1st Overall for the Scte.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Another Tq and Win and Texas State Series 1st Overall for the Scte.
Great job man i just tq'ed and won last sunday with a 32 second lead,and tq'ed and won by a second last night at a track i had no previous practice atI love my truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.