Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Not sure if you are running 2S or 3S, but I tried the 2400kV with 3S, and I can't get enough top speed out of it. Geard it with 20T pinion, and it's not enough; it would need a larger spur gear, which is not an option. Maybe if I had a higher C rated 3S battery, or a small 4S, but the stock 2800kV is much faster on 3S and even does great on 2S.
I beg to differ. I ran the 2400 castle on stock esc settings and a 15t pinion and the speed was great. All on 3s. 2s it is slow as a snail, but on 3s it's a rocket.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I beg to differ. I ran the 2400 castle on stock esc settings and a 15t pinion and the speed was great. All on 3s. 2s it is slow as a snail, but on 3s it's a rocket.
I tried it because I was running an oval with 160 ft straights. My 2800 was faster.

On a shortcourse track, I suspect you are right, it will run just fine.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Im having the hardest time getting my rear diff right. Truck is fairly new so I took the rear diff apart putting 3k in it. But for some reason the diff feels really notchy now. I also cant figure out which way the ring gear goes on. I see the gear is countersunk for the flat head screws, but the plastic part the ring gear screws to is also countersunk for the flat head screws. I looked for directions on losi.com but it really doesnt show much of a detailed pic of which way it goes.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Im having the hardest time getting my rear diff right. Truck is fairly new so I took the rear diff apart putting 3k in it. But for some reason the diff feels really notchy now. I also cant figure out which way the ring gear goes on. I see the gear is countersunk for the flat head screws, but the plastic part the ring gear screws to is also countersunk for the flat head screws. I looked for directions on losi.com but it really doesnt show much of a detailed pic of which way it goes.
Can you take pics of the gear? Also, if you're near G's tomorrow out in Shippensburg - bring it by and I'll fix it.

When you rebuild, try to push the planetary gears back towards the plastic as far as possible. Make sure you have the same number of washer and shim (1 each) behind each gear.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu
My daughter has been running a SC10 4X4 for awhile now. She has the Havo Pro SC and 4.5 Ballistic motor. It's always ran great and motor temps never got over 150. I bought a 2nd SCTE from a friend recently that was basically brand new. It came with the MMP SCT 550 2400 combo. Last week, the SCTE had a little bit of throttle glitching but I haven't had time to check it out. Last night, she broke her SC10 so I moved her Novak system to the SCTE. She ran her first qualifier like she was on fire! Man, the truck was fast and had tons of torque, but, she died on the last lap. I had to race so a couple of guys helped her with the truck and the motor temp'd at 203 and two wires had come loose. There is a possibility that I didn't do a good solder job and something happened to cause the motor to heat up after 5 minutes.

I had a 12 tooth pinion on the Novak 4.5. I seriously thought that this ratio would be just fine in the truck and wasn't concerned when we didn't have time to test it. Anyone else running the Ballistic 4.5 550 motor in this truck? If so, what ratio are you running?

Also, since the Castle SCT 2400 system seems to be working fine now, what ratio are you running with it? I know right now, it has the largest pinion you can run with the stock spur, but its pretty slow down the straight.

Sorry for the newbie-like questions. I usually do my own research. But when I am down to my last spare motor, I want to get some experienced advice
i am running my novak 4.5 with a 15t pinion. using an rx8, i have the current limiter down to 35% due to wheel spin. my truck also has the snr catalog thrown at it and is very light. it does very well temp wise with this combo. others at the track have asked if it had a pro 4600 in it. my reply is nope. also, it is faster than the 4600 on accel and top speed.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Mine used to feel the same way after a diff change. It's just a matter of wiggling/fiddling with the postion of how it sets in the gearbox. After a few runs it should feel silky smooth. I really wish an aftermarket designer would make a completley new diff for all 3 gearboxes.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The front is different than the rear, in the front, face of the gears point in ward and in the rear ,the face of the gears point outward.Also do not over tighten the 4- screws that hold it on, snug is good enough . In other word the ring for the front will be diff from the rear as regards to the counter sinks.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TLR version suggestion

Originally Posted by hacker07
That is pretty funny. Not sure what we would do with a 2.0 though.
I would really like to see a TLR TEN-SCTE roller with the TLR tuning kit, the HA shock bodies, HA rod end balls, and the HA outdrives using the Ryan Dunford standard setup as stock as I believe stock is slightly different currently. Oh and with 5/5/3 Losi diff oils not grease!

Russell
Old 09-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

yeah I got it straight. But why the hell would losi put 1/16 screws to hold the diff together? Thats just asking for stripped screws
Old 09-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by electricRCrocks
I would really like to see a TLR TEN-SCTE roller with the TLR tuning kit, the HA shock bodies, HA rod end balls, and the HA outdrives using the Ryan Dunford standard setup as stock as I believe stock is slightly different currently. Oh and with 5/5/3 Losi diff oils not grease!

Russell
No no more rollers! Kits are for racers!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
No no more rollers! Kits are for racers!
I think that will be TLR's next vehicle, a tlr scte kit with all the upgrades.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yeah I got it straight. But why the hell would losi put 1/16 screws to hold the diff together? Thats just asking for stripped screws
I hear ya! I currently cannot change my diff oils cause of stripped screws. I wanna make sure I have a new set of screws before I get those opened. Wonder of anybody has placed another sized screws to prevent stripping again.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
I hope so, maybe it will have icing on the top.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by caguilar4
I hear ya! I currently cannot change my diff oils cause of stripped screws. I wanna make sure I have a new set of screws before I get those opened. Wonder of anybody has placed another sized screws to prevent stripping again.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Hex-Screw-10
Old 09-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
4WD 1/10 buggy please!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.