Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Hey guys Matt over at MIP here, thought I'd drop a line and see if you guys had any questions about the new kit. Also check out this cool build vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxVvV_7aAM
Sweet looking product, quick question can you guys put together a package that utilizes the TLR parts that most of us who have the truck already have? Meaning can you put out the chassis only version?
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ta_man
I race at Dirtunners in Jerfferson New Jersey and when the dates don't conflict at Station2 Raceway in Middletown NY. Note these are club tracks, not commercial establishments.

I'll try moving the battery. There is no current limiter (I run the Castle 2400 on 3S). Setup is atypical: Losi 8 shocks and a very heavy car. Sounds like it might be worth going up a tooth on the pinion - I'm at 13:40 now.
Ithink I use to ride my dirt bike and mountain bike in the woods in that area of Jersey years ago will definitely check it out when I get back up there thanks ta man
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Sweet looking product, quick question can you guys put together a package that utilizes the TLR parts that most of us who have the truck already have? Meaning can you put out the chassis only version?
Thank you Sir and theres no two products that are the same between the MIP and TLR kit correct (dimension wise)? The only two similarities I could remotely see is shock towers but even so the MIP shock towers change up the geometry and stand the shocks up a little more than traditional TLR towers.

Also on price points the MIP proformance kit Part # 12200 is avialable soon through horizon for a little over 200 and I'm sure you guys have seen its just not a 7075 aluminum chassis, but towers, aluminum braces, 3 pairs of front springs soft/medium/firm, bypass1 pistons to adjust compression/rebound, 2x lunsford/dubro turnbucks for the steering rack, lexan couling (dust guard), all the hardware needed to slap on the kit. Also the layout is completely different to anything out on the market (to the best of my knowledge) and takes out all the oem plastic mounts (pretaining to the chassis) and changes around the weight distribution, to add on top of that the car becomes nearly a half pound lighter (7 ounces)
Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thank you Sir and theres no two products that are the same between the MIP and TLR kit correct (dimension wise)? The only two similarities I could remotely see is shock towers but even so the MIP shock towers change up the geometry and stand the shocks up a little more than traditional TLR towers.

Also on price points the MIP proformance kit Part # 12200 is avialable soon through horizon for a little over 200 and I'm sure you guys have seen its just not a 7075 aluminum chassis, but towers, aluminum braces, 3 pairs of front springs soft/medium/firm, bypass1 pistons to adjust compression/rebound, 2x lunsford/dubro turnbucks for the steering rack, lexan couling (dust guard), all the hardware needed to slap on the kit. Also the layout is completely different to anything out on the market (to the best of my knowledge) and takes out all the oem plastic mounts (pretaining to the chassis) and changes around the weight distribution, to add on top of that the car becomes nearly a half pound lighter (7 ounces)
Would have loved to went this route on my new chassis selection but this did not make sense financially to replace my whole tlr kit. Looks sweet and may consider dumping my roller and picking up a bone stock one to try this set up out. Nice work!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ach86
Would have loved to went this route on my new chassis selection but this did not make sense financially to replace my whole tlr kit. Looks sweet and may consider dumping my roller and picking up a bone stock one to try this set up out. Nice work!
ya, no kidding since i just swapped all over to a stock SCTE chassis which i bought new along with a few other parts that i could have gone w/o buying if doin this kit...lol

Hey guys Matt over at MIP here, thought I'd drop a line and see if you guys had any questions about the new kit. Also check out this cool build vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxVvV_7aAM
Or how about buying just certain parts and not the whole kit for those of us that may not want or need it all like myself with SNR towers for the longer 8ight shocks and run and also the piston kit for the shocks since i cant use those either due to having the 8ight shocks.
Any chance to buy individually i guess is what im asking...? Or even for someone who loses a part or breaks something and since you said that there really isnt any comparison to parts out there some may need replacements
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

By no means I am trying to kick matt out of the thread. MIP has a neat option to the SCTE here but if the thread is going to run on to MIP conversion talk for the next few pages maybe that is a sign it needs it's own thread.

Last edited by Casper; 06-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
ya, no kidding since i just swapped all over to a stock SCTE chassis which i bought new along with a few other parts that i could have gone w/o buying if doin this kit...lol

Or how about buying just certain parts and not the whole kit for those of us that may not want or need it all like myself with SNR towers for the longer 8ight shocks and run and also the piston kit for the shocks since i cant use those either due to having the 8ight shocks.
Any chance to buy individually i guess is what im asking...? Or even for someone who loses a part or breaks something and since you said that there really isnt any comparison to parts out there some may need replacements
Yes there will be individual parts for purchase including chassis, braces, ect.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
By no means I am trying to kick matt out of the thread. MIP had a neat option to the SCTE here but if the thread is going to run on to MIP conversion talk for the next few pages maybe that is a sign it needs it's own thread.
Hey Casper you going out to JBRL in palmdale? Hope to see ya there and just saw questions about the MIP chassis so I wanted to chime in and give some insite into the kit since it does pretain to the scte

If anyone has questions feel free to post on the MIP thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-22.html

if not there I'll skim this forum as well

Also if you want the see the thing in action heres a vid of the SDRC top Gun shootout (Car #1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAAc...eature=related

Last edited by MIP MATT; 06-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Casper you going out to JBRL in palmdale? Hope to see ya there and just saw questions about the MIP chassis so I wanted to chime in and give some insite into the kit since it does pretain to the scte

If anyone has questions feel free to post on the MIP thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-22.html

if not there I'll skim this forum as well

Also if you want the see the thing in action heres a vid of the SDRC top Gun shootout (Car #1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAAc...eature=related
Yep I will be there. Can't wait. I missed Pegasus so I have to get my JBRL fix! LOL

No problems being here but this thread gets side tracked quick. Just trying to keep it on point about the Losi SCTE. I like what you guys have done. Just like all the other chassis options out there they all have a little something different to offer. Now the MIP kit offers much more then "just a chassis" but you catch my drift. There is more then enough to talk about with that conversion it deserves it's own thread and you guys can talk about all it's neatness there! Thanks Matt! By all means check in and answer questions as they pop up!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Don't have $275 to replace my bce chassis and all my other tlr goodies. Still think if my truck was still stock i still wouldn't go with the mip. Just too expensive. Now i know all you guys are going to jump me for this but $275 for add on parts for an originally $300 kit just doesn't make sense.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Yep I will be there. Can't wait. I missed Pegasus so I have to get my JBRL fix! LOL

No problems being here but this thread gets side tracked quick. Just trying to keep it on point about the Losi SCTE. I like what you guys have done. Just like all the other chassis options out there they all have a little something different to offer. Now the MIP kit offers much more then "just a chassis" but you catch my drift. There is more then enough to talk about with that conversion it deserves it's own thread and you guys can talk about all it's neatness there! Thanks Matt! By all means check in and answer questions as they pop up!
Have to say, I disagree. To me its no different than the other chassis options. I'd like to see the info stay combined. The MIP kit is pretty equal to the TLR Tuning kit and Flex tuned chassis as far as components. If Losi sold those (TLR kit/chassis) together then would you suggest it be confined to a seperate thread? Not trying to stir the pot or start drama, just really suprised to see Matt asked to leave and get his own thread. To me it sounds like an attempt to seperate manufacturer options on a public forum. Just my opinion.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I agree with Casper the MIP kit will defiantly raise a lot of interest and questions that warrant it's own thread. The MIP is a completely different animal than a basic chassis upgrade.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
Have to say, I disagree. To me its no different than the other chassis options. I'd like to see the info stay combined. The MIP kit is pretty equal to the TLR Tuning kit and Flex tuned chassis as far as components. If Losi sold those (TLR kit/chassis) together then would you suggest it be confined to a seperate thread? Not trying to stir the pot or start drama, just really suprised to see Matt asked to leave and get his own thread. To me it sounds like an attempt to seperate manufacturer options on a public forum. Just my opinion.

I agree 100%. Yes, it is the Losi SCTE thread. Not the "Losi SCTE thread and discussion of all losi and TLR upgrades for it". The MIP stuff is not my cup of tea, but it's absolutely deserving to be in this thread. This thread isn't for losi to advertise their stuff. It's discussion of the truck they made.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Throwindirt
Ithink I use to ride my dirt bike and mountain bike in the woods in that area of Jersey years ago will definitely check it out when I get back up there thanks ta man
Just FYI, it's at the old Snow Bowl ski area.

http://www.skiernet.com/snow-bowl.html
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I agree 100%. Yes, it is the Losi SCTE thread. Not the "Losi SCTE thread and discussion of all losi and TLR upgrades for it". The MIP stuff is not my cup of tea, but it's absolutely deserving to be in this thread. This thread isn't for losi to advertise their stuff. It's discussion of the truck they made.
Agreed. No one is kicking out the Tekin guys or other parts manufacturers.

I personally dig the MIP kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.