Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
  #36031  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jake C6R View Post
Randy, one thing I have not been able to find concerns the maintenance/cleaning on the Pro 4 4600. I watched the video and it is easy enough. But how often is this service necessary in terms of time on the motor? Is there a guideline for this? I run only outdoors on a loamy hard pack track.
The Pro 4 line breaks down identically to the T8, hence no new video. It really depends on how often you run and in what conditions.

Dustier tracks require a bit more frequency say than an indoor clay track. If you race your car 3 to 5 times a month plus practice packs,etc. I'd like to see it done at least once a month minimum.

This little power house really cranks up the power. Bearings need to be checked. If they get gritty at all I replace them. Cleaning them can get you buy for a race but they don't last long once they get gritty.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM
  #36032  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
Haha! Gar can only afford ONE though.

Would you say drivetrain efficiency or the light option is better?
You NEED neither. I'd actually love to see a heavy chassis option - something the weight of the stock chassis but stronger. Especially on 1/8 scale tracks outdoors. I'll take heavy over light any day.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
  #36033  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,882
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
Haha! Gar can only afford ONE though.

Would you say drivetrain efficiency or the light option is better?
Leave porkers for Grandturk. I like'em althletic and lean. I like the Xtreme racing chassis a little more than the KH. You will need to do some setup change when going to a lighter setup though. The truck will be much more agile and responsive if thats what your looking for.

Be warned that the top plate may break between the front and middle diff if you case or nosedive real hard.... and im talking about the 36' tripples we used to have. several months ago I posted a review and pics page 2127 post#31891 .
symmetricon is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  #36034  
Tech Regular
 
MIP MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moore's Ideal Products, LLC
Posts: 485
Default

Hey guys Matt over at MIP here, thought I'd drop a line and see if you guys had any questions about the new kit. Also check out this cool build vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxVvV_7aAM
MIP MATT is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
  #36035  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Hey guys Matt over at MIP here, thought I'd drop a line and see if you guys had any questions about the new kit. Also check out this cool build vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxVvV_7aAM
Sweet looking product, quick question can you guys put together a package that utilizes the TLR parts that most of us who have the truck already have? Meaning can you put out the chassis only version?
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #36036  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Port Orange
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
I race at Dirtunners in Jerfferson New Jersey and when the dates don't conflict at Station2 Raceway in Middletown NY. Note these are club tracks, not commercial establishments.

I'll try moving the battery. There is no current limiter (I run the Castle 2400 on 3S). Setup is atypical: Losi 8 shocks and a very heavy car. Sounds like it might be worth going up a tooth on the pinion - I'm at 13:40 now.
Ithink I use to ride my dirt bike and mountain bike in the woods in that area of Jersey years ago will definitely check it out when I get back up there thanks ta man
Throwindirt is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM
  #36037  
Tech Regular
 
MIP MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moore's Ideal Products, LLC
Posts: 485
Default

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
Sweet looking product, quick question can you guys put together a package that utilizes the TLR parts that most of us who have the truck already have? Meaning can you put out the chassis only version?
Thank you Sir and theres no two products that are the same between the MIP and TLR kit correct (dimension wise)? The only two similarities I could remotely see is shock towers but even so the MIP shock towers change up the geometry and stand the shocks up a little more than traditional TLR towers.

Also on price points the MIP proformance kit Part # 12200 is avialable soon through horizon for a little over 200 and I'm sure you guys have seen its just not a 7075 aluminum chassis, but towers, aluminum braces, 3 pairs of front springs soft/medium/firm, bypass1 pistons to adjust compression/rebound, 2x lunsford/dubro turnbucks for the steering rack, lexan couling (dust guard), all the hardware needed to slap on the kit. Also the layout is completely different to anything out on the market (to the best of my knowledge) and takes out all the oem plastic mounts (pretaining to the chassis) and changes around the weight distribution, to add on top of that the car becomes nearly a half pound lighter (7 ounces)
MIP MATT is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM
  #36038  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (45)
 
ach86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wapakoneta, Ohio
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Thank you Sir and theres no two products that are the same between the MIP and TLR kit correct (dimension wise)? The only two similarities I could remotely see is shock towers but even so the MIP shock towers change up the geometry and stand the shocks up a little more than traditional TLR towers.

Also on price points the MIP proformance kit Part # 12200 is avialable soon through horizon for a little over 200 and I'm sure you guys have seen its just not a 7075 aluminum chassis, but towers, aluminum braces, 3 pairs of front springs soft/medium/firm, bypass1 pistons to adjust compression/rebound, 2x lunsford/dubro turnbucks for the steering rack, lexan couling (dust guard), all the hardware needed to slap on the kit. Also the layout is completely different to anything out on the market (to the best of my knowledge) and takes out all the oem plastic mounts (pretaining to the chassis) and changes around the weight distribution, to add on top of that the car becomes nearly a half pound lighter (7 ounces)
Would have loved to went this route on my new chassis selection but this did not make sense financially to replace my whole tlr kit. Looks sweet and may consider dumping my roller and picking up a bone stock one to try this set up out. Nice work!
ach86 is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
  #36039  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ach86 View Post
Would have loved to went this route on my new chassis selection but this did not make sense financially to replace my whole tlr kit. Looks sweet and may consider dumping my roller and picking up a bone stock one to try this set up out. Nice work!
ya, no kidding since i just swapped all over to a stock SCTE chassis which i bought new along with a few other parts that i could have gone w/o buying if doin this kit...lol


Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Hey guys Matt over at MIP here, thought I'd drop a line and see if you guys had any questions about the new kit. Also check out this cool build vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxVvV_7aAM
Or how about buying just certain parts and not the whole kit for those of us that may not want or need it all like myself with SNR towers for the longer 8ight shocks and run and also the piston kit for the shocks since i cant use those either due to having the 8ight shocks.
Any chance to buy individually i guess is what im asking...? Or even for someone who loses a part or breaks something and since you said that there really isnt any comparison to parts out there some may need replacements
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
  #36040  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

By no means I am trying to kick matt out of the thread. MIP has a neat option to the SCTE here but if the thread is going to run on to MIP conversion talk for the next few pages maybe that is a sign it needs it's own thread.

Last edited by Casper; 06-26-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Casper is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
  #36041  
Tech Regular
 
MIP MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moore's Ideal Products, LLC
Posts: 485
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
ya, no kidding since i just swapped all over to a stock SCTE chassis which i bought new along with a few other parts that i could have gone w/o buying if doin this kit...lol




Or how about buying just certain parts and not the whole kit for those of us that may not want or need it all like myself with SNR towers for the longer 8ight shocks and run and also the piston kit for the shocks since i cant use those either due to having the 8ight shocks.
Any chance to buy individually i guess is what im asking...? Or even for someone who loses a part or breaks something and since you said that there really isnt any comparison to parts out there some may need replacements
Yes there will be individual parts for purchase including chassis, braces, ect.
MIP MATT is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
  #36042  
Tech Regular
 
MIP MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moore's Ideal Products, LLC
Posts: 485
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
By no means I am trying to kick matt out of the thread. MIP had a neat option to the SCTE here but if the thread is going to run on to MIP conversion talk for the next few pages maybe that is a sign it needs it's own thread.
Hey Casper you going out to JBRL in palmdale? Hope to see ya there and just saw questions about the MIP chassis so I wanted to chime in and give some insite into the kit since it does pretain to the scte

If anyone has questions feel free to post on the MIP thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-22.html

if not there I'll skim this forum as well

Also if you want the see the thing in action heres a vid of the SDRC top Gun shootout (Car #1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAAc...eature=related

Last edited by MIP MATT; 06-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.
MIP MATT is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
  #36043  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MIP MATT View Post
Hey Casper you going out to JBRL in palmdale? Hope to see ya there and just saw questions about the MIP chassis so I wanted to chime in and give some insite into the kit since it does pretain to the scte

If anyone has questions feel free to post on the MIP thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-22.html

if not there I'll skim this forum as well

Also if you want the see the thing in action heres a vid of the SDRC top Gun shootout (Car #1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMAAc...eature=related
Yep I will be there. Can't wait. I missed Pegasus so I have to get my JBRL fix! LOL

No problems being here but this thread gets side tracked quick. Just trying to keep it on point about the Losi SCTE. I like what you guys have done. Just like all the other chassis options out there they all have a little something different to offer. Now the MIP kit offers much more then "just a chassis" but you catch my drift. There is more then enough to talk about with that conversion it deserves it's own thread and you guys can talk about all it's neatness there! Thanks Matt! By all means check in and answer questions as they pop up!
Casper is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:16 PM
  #36044  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Don't have $275 to replace my bce chassis and all my other tlr goodies. Still think if my truck was still stock i still wouldn't go with the mip. Just too expensive. Now i know all you guys are going to jump me for this but $275 for add on parts for an originally $300 kit just doesn't make sense.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 PM
  #36045  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
nismomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gilbert AZ
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yep I will be there. Can't wait. I missed Pegasus so I have to get my JBRL fix! LOL

No problems being here but this thread gets side tracked quick. Just trying to keep it on point about the Losi SCTE. I like what you guys have done. Just like all the other chassis options out there they all have a little something different to offer. Now the MIP kit offers much more then "just a chassis" but you catch my drift. There is more then enough to talk about with that conversion it deserves it's own thread and you guys can talk about all it's neatness there! Thanks Matt! By all means check in and answer questions as they pop up!
Have to say, I disagree. To me its no different than the other chassis options. I'd like to see the info stay combined. The MIP kit is pretty equal to the TLR Tuning kit and Flex tuned chassis as far as components. If Losi sold those (TLR kit/chassis) together then would you suggest it be confined to a seperate thread? Not trying to stir the pot or start drama, just really suprised to see Matt asked to leave and get his own thread. To me it sounds like an attempt to seperate manufacturer options on a public forum. Just my opinion.
nismomike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.