Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yall are trippin. All Salad has done for all of us, come on. He has no obligation at all to do anything to his first post, he does it because he likes to. I have a Tekin motor and a Castle esc and could care less if he post "Crap on Castle and Tekin" on the first post.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

How is everyone making such a big deal out of nothing? If you like your truck, drive it. If not then sell it and get something else. Same goes for all your equipment.

People complain and moan things are too expensive, then someone releases an affordable system and they still moan.

What a bunch of women.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
Are you guys serious? You are going to boycott a new esc and motor package because the Tekin was accidentally left of of the list? Don't you think that you all might be jumping to conclusions and that it may have been an accident. Like some how that one spot where the name tekin is not typed in is industrial espionage or something?
Tekin wasn't left off, it was taken off.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

FYI - I have the RX8 and 4600 and the local race this past weekend with over 20 entries, I was the fastest down the backstretch (Long Stretch)... The baby screams with that set-up... Used a 14 Mod Pinion... But, with all of that said, can I PLEASE get some help?

OK, I admit that I am not the best person to glue tires on. I feel as though I am wasting money buying them seperatw and doing them myself since I always seem to mess them up. I know that AKA, JConcepts, and Proline makes pre-mounts but I never see them available to the SCTE. It only shows SC10 rear and Slash. Question: IS there a great pre-mount for my SCTE? Is the SC10 rear or Slash the same set-up as the SCTE? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thr slash work but give a wider stance
Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Thr slash work but give a wider stance
The slash wheels work but the wider stance will effect the handling and corners negetively on a tighter course. But if your bashing, it wont bother at all.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lewis4x4
FYI - I have the RX8 and 4600 and the local race this past weekend with over 20 entries, I was the fastest down the backstretch (Long Stretch)... The baby screams with that set-up... Used a 14 Mod Pinion... But, with all of that said, can I PLEASE get some help?

OK, I admit that I am not the best person to glue tires on. I feel as though I am wasting money buying them seperatw and doing them myself since I always seem to mess them up. I know that AKA, JConcepts, and Proline makes pre-mounts but I never see them available to the SCTE. It only shows SC10 rear and Slash. Question: IS there a great pre-mount for my SCTE? Is the SC10 rear or Slash the same set-up as the SCTE? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
You can use Pro-line "Pro Trac" Renegade wheels. They do make some pre-mounts, calliber/Snipers. You must remove some of the bracing inside the wheel to use them on the front. There is a video on Pro-Line's site that explains what needs to be done. I am currently using these wheels.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis4x4

no i think ur stuck glueing tires. De racing makes a great wheel for the scte. Scuff the wheel bead and tire bead,install the tire to wheel, and take ur time goin around and gluein...really not that hard
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A controversy that doesn't include my chassis is better than yours is actually kinda refreshing ... And ya gluing up tires is not that bad after you have done a few,also get some big rubber bands to hold the tire to the rim and just flow it around the edge! A little too much is not going to hurt either Good Luck!!

Last edited by BmainStar; 10-16-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: cuzz
Old 10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevepowling
How is everyone making such a big deal out of nothing? If you like your truck, drive it. If not then sell it and get something else. Same goes for all your equipment.

People complain and moan things are too expensive, then someone releases an affordable system and they still moan.

What a bunch of women.
You're an idiot. Nobody's "moaning" about the new affordable Viper system.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BmainStar
A controversy that doesn't include my chassis is better than yours is actually kinda refreshing ... And ya gluing up tires is not that bad after you have done a few,also get some big rubber bands to hold the tire to the rim and just flow it around the edge! A little too much is not going to hurt either Good Luck!!
Electrical tape will suffice for the rubber bands in a pinch as well. I recently found that you can buy a kicker compound that helps bond the glue faster. I had a friend use it on a wheel of mine that separated and it even worked on a dirty tire and wheel as we we're in a rush. It's still glued after many runs.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Whats every one so peed off for i drove 165 km's to go to a track that was supposed to have theyre first points series club race today only to get there and see it was not even near ready for racing,
Old 10-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StPete40
Either Tony's is way overpriced or I would have low expectations.
LOL!!!!!

Let's just boil it down this way - did you ever wrench on an OFNA or Jammin' car that when you finished the experience made you say: 'Darn, those are the best and best fitting fasteners I ever worked with; I need to find some more of those!!!'?????

Now save your money for an extra week and dive right into that Tony's kit - it's good stuff, lasts a long time and packaged by a guy who really cares....

Need I say more???
Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I removed all motors and ESC's from the front page.

There, end of story. Now back your regular scheduled programming.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

LOL ! I feel like Im watching a soap opera ...... "As the Thread Turns"

BTW , What motor and ESC would be the best for my SCTE ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.