Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default Tekin removal

Its a fan boy thing. Waaaa I want Tekin tattooed on my scrotum. Who cares if he removed Tekin. His thread. His prerogative. These Tekin sluts are as bad as the MaxAmps lovers club.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SaladFork
No what doesn't make sense is why people care... This is my thread, I can post what ever I want in the first page or on any page for that matter, I can also remove what I want from the first page. I have ZERO obligation to keep any of the first page up to date and what I want to add or remove is up to me, not anyone else.

IMO you are been a little self fish in this ^ post .
Old 10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I gotta say it surprises me that Salad would pull the tekin stuff off as it's been on the front page forever ago. Now he's promoting Viper (and that is fine with me). I love hearing about all new products. But come on Salad you ONLY took tekin off the front page and no one else. That to me is a little biased. If I am brand new and reading the first page I would like to know all my options. We all know tekin makes damn good products and they should be on the front page.

Now I could care less as I know what's good and I may try viper products. But now it feels like you are "advertising/selling" it to me (instead of letting the products speak for themselves).

Just the .02
Old 10-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
all of this motor/esc talk is obserde, man up and pull up your panties bitches.
see you at the finish line.
Originally Posted by Brushless420
Its a fan boy thing. Waaaa I want Tekin tattooed on my scrotum. Who cares if he removed Tekin. His thread. His prerogative. These Tekin sluts are as bad as the MaxAmps lovers club.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

So i painted my clear stock body today but only got the base coat on, It's Orange Base coat and red design with clear or white windows haven't figured out what will look better yet. I did it with R/C spray paint.

Question is i use masking tape to make my design but it like leaked through some pots and on one two parts of the body the paint didnt stick and just make bubble spots. I didn't prep the body at all, I think maybe it was from my fingers touching it but I didnt touch some of these spots.

Also what do the Shock Stand Offs in the TLR kit do exactly. I'm waiting on my TLR kit to come from Nitrohouse or w.e its called. I looked online but didnt find any information. Is it the part that goes into the lower arm on all the shocks?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Funniest thing ever!

Originally Posted by dany5
IMO you are been a little self fish in this ^ post .
Never can please anyone
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
You have the wires soldered in the wrong direction on the motor. They should be flipped so they are routed above the motor. The way you have them there is the possibility that the weight of the wires will pull the solder tabs away from the support.
good point. i will keep an eye on that. hard to see in that picture but the wires are pretty short with no flop or play in them to move around.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas

Question is i use masking tape to make my design but it like leaked through some pots and on one two parts of the body the paint didnt stick and just make bubble spots. I didn't prep the body at all, I think maybe it was from my fingers touching it but I didnt touch some of these spots.

i didn't PREP the body is the reason for your troubles...

the shells are injection plastic molding....
so there is a ton of residue left behind from that process...At the very mininum...you should wash it with soap and water and dry it well before painting.....still might get issues.......

when i do paint one....after the WINDOW masking is applied...i use a steel wool scrubber on it....It makes the paint stick at Ton better....Oh,you have to wash it after because of the fine metal particals left behind from doing that.....

Paint should do alot better...

Some painters wipe them out with chemicals......

on masking....the bodys have so many lines .....it is hard to use regular tape....you should use a painters grade tape......still might bleed....
best cure for this is ...Liquid Mask.......3 coats of that stuff...no bleeding....best of all is draw on the outside to get what you want then trace on the underside with a blade......peel and pain as needed......

GoodLuck!

P.S.....where it leaked.....take a Q-Tip with some denatured alcohol.....small amount needed.......dont soak it ,just a little on the end......and you will be able to cleanup those Bleeders a bit.....carefull not to be to aggressive with it...lol!...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
good point. i will keep an eye on that. hard to see in that picture but the wires are pretty short with no flop or play in them to move around.
If you do a good job of soldering the wires should be ok...

I have to say that the last few pages this thread has taken a sad turn... Lets just try to get this train back on the tracks...

The first page is just options for this truck, from what I hear it is a great truck box stock and the TLR tuning kit makes it bullet proof. As with all other kits, the electronics are your choice... That being said I will go with the old standbye for myself, MMP/550 4.5t and go from there... If anything has to change I will throw an RX8 and a Pro4 in it...

I'm not sponsored by anybody but IMHO Tekin has been the best for me! Also IMHO Viper is a new company and I will keep them on my radar but I really think their stuff isn't priced competitively enough for a new company...

But that's just my opnion...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I think that's shady .. makes me want to take out the Viper 10.5 and 13.5 motors in my cart at Amain hobbies. The only reason I started looking at them is because of SaladFord and the ability to have some insight about what I thought was a great direction for Viper . . . but if the TEN-SCTE thread is used to manipulate then I won't support them.

This is, after all, the official TEN-SCTE thread and not a Viper sales thread.
he works for viper why would he support his single biggest competition?

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
x2. It's pretty weak if you ask me. I'll be putting Viper on the "do not buy" list.
so you are gonna not buy what appears to be an awesome systme because they dont want to support there direct competion?

Originally Posted by stevepowling
How is everyone making such a big deal out of nothing? If you like your truck, drive it. If not then sell it and get something else. Same goes for all your equipment.

People complain and moan things are too expensive, then someone releases an affordable system and they still moan.

What a bunch of women
+10000
Old 10-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

LOL ! I think I hear BuckMan coming with his keys to lock this thread since it has derailed into such a pile of crap .....
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
LOL ! I think I hear BuckMan coming with his keys to lock this thread since it has derailed into such a pile of crap .....
i concur
Old 10-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

HEY HEY HEY!!! I got an idea! Why dont we make a list of all the competitor's trucks too(SCRT10,Hyper10sc,SC104x4,DESC10r,SLASH4x4 etc..)? LMAO, some people are rediculous.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Time to close this thread and make a new one that is unbiased .

Also...Salad...you dont own this thread. You created a post. Its not in your posession and all threads belong to rctech. We just come on here to get info..
Old 10-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

man you guys are missing out i telling you it all about the orion speed controls

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.