Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
and less parts that you wont find when you lose them at the track im sure you got a great deal
Thanks for letting me get the jump on them.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
You can cut that lip off, but it doesn't change the offset since the pin is still in the same spot. Knowing Josh, he cut that off to save weight.
LOL

I use the traxxas hexes. When used with the ten-t axle stubs, you need to shave that ring flat on the back of the hex to get the drive pin to align correctly. Then I reformed the ring by shaving the back of the hex. If it's not reformed, the rear of the hex will drag on the bearing face and plastic carrier, and do so even worse when there's some dirt. This method retains legal width. I also like using the ten-t stubs because you can then cut the end off and counter drill them to save even more weight, so I will likely continue to use these.

I'm unsure what to use with the scte axle stubs, or the 810 axle stubs. If I was building a buggy, I'd just use the 810 stubs and hexes. Legal Buggy specs are wider than sct specs.

I use the DE 17mm sct wheels. They are quite a bit stiffer than the regular DE wheels with 12mm hexes. I had no idea how flexable the 12mm versions were till my buddy showed me a set.......kinda scary. The 17mm version is substantially more stout. Still very slightly more flexable than a proline wheel....but not gumby style like their others.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Calling it a night tonight guys.

If I sit here and keep on listening to Mark Knopfler tonight I will never get to sleep.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
Thanks for letting me get the jump on them.
no problem.

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
Calling it a night tonight guys.

If I sit here and keep on listening to Mark Knopfler tonight I will never get to sleep.
past curfew huh?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rebuilt my front diff earlier tonight...ran it up the street in the dark then noticed a cat was chasing it...quick flick of the e-brake made him change his mind
Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
rebuilt my front diff earlier tonight...ran it up the street in the dark then noticed a cat was chasing it...quick flick of the e-brake made him change his mind
wish i saw that!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

so i reported that when i finished my conversion from ten-t to SCTE, i weighed the truck and got 6.5 pounds. this was on a friend's scale. i bought a cheapie food scale off fleabay and it came today. i threw the truck on it and it showed 6.75 pounds! she's a fat bish. so i put the losi diff riser in (had the rc-monster which is aluminum) and hacked a bit off the battery tray (again rc-monster which seems thicker than the losi tray). got her down to 6.68 pounds. only lightening plans in the future are CF towers and hinge pin holders. after that, i may have to go with a new chassis.

i don't want/need to get under 6 pounds, but i'd like to get at least a bit closer to the 6 pound mark (maybe 6.2 or 6.3).

i may throw her on the scale with another body. my current body has a bunch of gorilla tape on it...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am getting ready to finish with the CF chassis for this truck any suggestion before I start milling.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
I am getting ready to finish with the CF chassis for this truck any suggestion before I start milling.
yes, send me the completed chassis for testing!

seriously though, i think you guys have been around the block long enough times that i would trust your skills before any suggestion i might have. i guess i can only offer the old adage: measure twice, cut once! haha.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
LOL

I use the traxxas hexes. When used with the ten-t axle stubs, you need to shave that ring flat on the back of the hex to get the drive pin to align correctly. Then I reformed the ring by shaving the back of the hex. If it's not reformed, the rear of the hex will drag on the bearing face and plastic carrier, and do so even worse when there's some dirt. This method retains legal width. I also like using the ten-t stubs because you can then cut the end off and counter drill them to save even more weight, so I will likely continue to use these.

I'm unsure what to use with the scte axle stubs, or the 810 axle stubs. If I was building a buggy, I'd just use the 810 stubs and hexes. Legal Buggy specs are wider than sct specs.

I use the DE 17mm sct wheels. They are quite a bit stiffer than the regular DE wheels with 12mm hexes. I had no idea how flexable the 12mm versions were till my buddy showed me a set.......kinda scary. The 17mm version is substantially more stout. Still very slightly more flexable than a proline wheel....but not gumby style like their others.
I gotcha, I thought they wanted to run the buggy wheels. Funny we just swapped my Ten T axles on Saturday... I hated to swap but we have to many sets of the stock size, it made sense to move over. They lasted that's all that mattered.

Ran the DE wheels this weekend and you are not kidding, might be light but they are really flexible.

Keep up the good work man!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default novak

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
If anybody wants to sell their 14mm Novak rotor let me know. Apparently they won't be selling them anymore but I'd really like to try one out.
I haven't had much luck with the novak 4.5 550 set up . temps for one. installed 14mm rotor when I first. got it. it took out the whole motor. sent it in for repair. in mean time was running 1410 combo. so I decided to try the novak again after I put my truck on a diet.6 lbs with novak combo in geared 17-40 spun rotor off shaft after 2 races. not happy. mailed novak and they no longer have 14mm rotor in stock so the said to send it in and they will repair it. I'm sure that will be a month or so. Look into some other options . the 1410 is a great motor. and I hear tekin has a 4 pole on the way.....
Old 07-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmc23
I haven't had much luck with the novak 4.5 550 set up . temps for one. installed 14mm rotor when I first. got it. it took out the whole motor. sent it in for repair. in mean time was running 1410 combo. so I decided to try the novak again after I put my truck on a diet.6 lbs with novak combo in geared 17-40 spun rotor off shaft after 2 races. not happy. mailed novak and they no longer have 14mm rotor in stock so the said to send it in and they will repair it. I'm sure that will be a month or so. Look into some other options . the 1410 is a great motor. and I hear tekin has a 4 pole on the way.....
wow im sorry to hear your bad luck with novak. i hope everything goes smoothly with my 14mm that i just installed. i gotta go get pinnions now. 14t wont cut it
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

im running up to my LHS later on today and im wondering what other battery trays have people modded to put in this truck?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Doug, I think your best best is to just try. Start with the 15t and your current limit turned downed and go up if you can. Hard question for anybody to answer, really.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmc23
I'm sorry to hear that. I have all kinds of Novak stuff and have had pretty decent luck with them. With my Jammin I put a 13t on and never even looked at the temps. But with this thing I'm constantly monitoring. Right now, I'm running the regular 4.5 Ballistic. I want to try the 14mm rotor and also, maybe the 5.5 motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.