Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The Aaron Lane setup is a goodun btw. I followed it to the letter and liked it a lot. I had to look at the diff oil three times to make sure I was reading the weights right, but it worked very well at the Badlands last weekend which is very hardpack, pretty smooth with monster jumps. Too bad I didn't drive so well but the truck was dialed.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
No offense is meant here, honestly, but after all these terribly simple and basic questions we have seen you post, I HIGHLY recommend that you invest some money into a personal mechanic/pit crew lol.

The little grub (set) screw that is threaded into the arm and makes contact with the chassis is the droop screw. By "tightening" it, you make the screw stick further out the bottom forcing it to contact the chassis sooner and reducing your total droop. The more you "tighten" that screw the higher up your arms will raise when holding the car off the ground (or while jumping or driving thru bumpy/rutty track sections). The more droop you have the lower your arm will hang which means you will have the tire contacting the track sooner and more often.

"you cant go fast if your wheels arent touching the track"

You want your droop to be close to full. I dont even have my screws contacting the chassis most of the time.
You don't need to get bent out of shape over a simple question man, Like I said before I've never owned a SCT before, I've only ever owned 1/10th stadium trucks. I don't need a mechanic either lol I can handle my own work. Some of the slang for these trucks is all new to me, So that's why im asking. Thanks the answer tho
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
You don't need to get bent out of shape over a simple question man, Like I said before I've never owned a SCT before, I've only ever owned 1/10th stadium trucks. I don't need a mechanic either lol I can handle my own work. Some of the slang for these trucks is all new to me, So that's why im asking. Thanks the answer tho
Well, you asked whether the screw in the arm was for setting shock travel or droop. If you don't know one of these terms after racing stadium trucks then feel free to ask. Otherwise I don't get it, what is it that you don't understand? The screw adjusts both at the same time.

Last edited by dtr; 10-12-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just got one of these beast and was wondering about the tires on this thing. I am use to getting SS compound tires for my Ultima SC-R, and it is hooked up enough it likes to use up the SS tires fairly easy. I figure that with this machine and the weight of it I will need to go up a compound on the tires. What compound do most of you run on your machines. I personally only run AKA tires so that will be the tires I will stick with. Does soft cut it with this machine or is super softs the way to go?

Thanks
David "Tiny" Johnson
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

do you guys think it would be possible to connect a traxxas vxl-3s to a novak 550 balistic 4.5 turn motor? i am looking for something cheap. i have the velenion setup in my scte right now but im wondering if that traxxas esc will work with the novak motor, it could be a good setup if it works i just need to know what might not work. i dont have the money to buy something nice so im working and experimenting with the stuff that i do have
Old 10-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jammin_Xtream49
I just got one of these beast and was wondering about the tires on this thing. I am use to getting SS compound tires for my Ultima SC-R, and it is hooked up enough it likes to use up the SS tires fairly easy. I figure that with this machine and the weight of it I will need to go up a compound on the tires. What compound do most of you run on your machines. I personally only run AKA tires so that will be the tires I will stick with. Does soft cut it with this machine or is super softs the way to go?

Thanks
David "Tiny" Johnson

I think you will find the Super Soft will feel a little more hooked up, assuming the ambient temps your running in will work, AKA has a pretty good chart as far a compound, I would use the same method for gauging tire compound with this vehicle as any other vehicle, don't really worry about the weight of it. More temp based ,
Old 10-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks
David "Tiny" Johnson
4wd tend to have more overall traction and control then a 2wd so you may be able to get away with S tires but without knowing more about the track hard to tell. Worth a try at least.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEracer888
do you guys think it would be possible to connect a traxxas vxl-3s to a novak 550 balistic 4.5 turn motor? i am looking for something cheap. i have the velenion setup in my scte right now but im wondering if that traxxas esc will work with the novak motor, it could be a good setup if it works i just need to know what might not work. i dont have the money to buy something nice so im working and experimenting with the stuff that i do have

This is an interesting question, that has been brought up before, i believe the VXL has a sensored option, I think people stay away from this option because the tune ablity is virtually not there. I have never seen this set-up before.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

im reallly not worried about tuning, its just a light basher and basically my fun car. i figured the setup could work as long as the wiring was correct, but i wanted to ask people on here first before i did anything
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thanks
David "Tiny" Johnson
I've run soft enduros on mine for some time. No issue at all. I'm currently using subcultures in green, and they are also very nice. One thing this truck does not lack is traction!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ackerman

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Also how is the durability on the CF Ackerman bar? I would imagine hard shots to the front wheels could snap it.
I've used the cf ackerman from snr since it came out . I raced mostly 1/8 scale tracks and not one problem with it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Thanks a lot Losi peeps as always!!!!! Do not know where I got 3 though, maybe from the SCB, oh well!
If you count the bottom you can say they three.

(I can act as legal counsel as well, for a small fee).
Old 10-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I forgot to tell you guys last week we had a rolling KV change on one of the motors. We tried to get as close to 5200kv but could only get 5150kv. I laughed then I saw this... No one knew what 5150 was till I mentioned it. How fitting for the beefiest 4 pole on the market.

5150; Police code for crazy one on the loose. Danger to property, danger to others, and danger to themselves.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys I have a question for you. I just put Aaron Lane's setup in the rear of the truck. While I was at it I put all new a-arms, and rear end in the truck. I have the aluminum hingepin holders and am running 1 up in front/0 rear. I put the truck back together and noticed the movement was really stiff as far as the suspension goes. It almost feels like dirt is tuck in the hinge pin holders or something. When you press down on the truck to compress it, It basically just stays there with no rebound. Yes the shocks are built correctly, orange springs, and before I put the shocks on the suspension was perfectly free as I tested the hinge pin holders and everything. The shocks are on the outside of arm/ middle on tower so they are leaned over a decent amount. Is anybody else's like this with this setup in the truck?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys I have a question for you. I just put Aaron Lane's setup in the rear of the truck. While I was at it I put all new a-arms, and rear end in the truck. I have the aluminum hingepin holders and am running 1 up in front/0 rear. I put the truck back together and noticed the movement was really stiff as far as the suspension goes. It almost feels like dirt is tuck in the hinge pin holders or something. When you press down on the truck to compress it, It basically just stays there with no rebound. Yes the shocks are built correctly, orange springs, and before I put the shocks on the suspension was perfectly free as I tested the hinge pin holders and everything. The shocks are on the outside of arm/ middle on tower so they are leaned over a decent amount. Is anybody else's like this with this setup in the truck?
Was going to try that setup this weekend but looking at the setup sheet it seems it should have a lot of pack. Between #4 pistons and shocks outside on arms it sounds really stiff. Not saying it won't work as there are guys running it and like it. Looks like it might be better on smooth tracks versus the setup I'm running which is #5 pistons and middle on arm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.