Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroDirtMan
Novak havoc sc pro with a novak 4.5. Promatch 6000 60 battery. I can run around 11:30 on a fairly small track running fairly hard.
what temp are you runing and are you having any bearing ishu with novak.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
No problems with 10min here. I run the Tekin 4600, RX8 and MaxAmps 6500
with a 14 tooth pinion.
What temp are you seen with this setup and a 10 min main. Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I can get 12 mins indoor med track w/ 1410 mmp and turnigy 6000
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I get at least 12mins on a 60C Xcelorin 6000mah pack. RX8 is set to 80% CL and 13T on a 4600kv Pro4. The motor has never seen temps beyond 160 and 4LEDs on the RX8 (no fan).
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Looks like a nice back yard track you guys have there!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
well its not plastic so i called it metal, but whats it really made out of steal?

I don't have many 32p pinions so I'm going to try the few that I do have, 13t, 18t , 19t and see what works best.

Also how do you adjust the droop on these trucks??

- Ive only ever adjusted ride height and shock mounting location.
Steal??? What the heck is steal? Do you mean steel? No it is NOT any kind of metal or steel (which is still an alloy of metal) It is PLASTIC. However, if you have tried running it with 32 pitch pinions, you have now ruined it and must go buy another, along with some mod 1 pinions. Look up the initialism RTFM and then go do it.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

The question about making 10 minutes. I run a lightened truck with an Xcelorin 6000 mAh for my 10 minute mains and have loads of battery left. My kid just ran his totally stock truck with a 5000 mAh Gens Ace and CC 1410 motor with hobbywing 120a ESC (the small 1/10 scale one, we both use them) and he made the 10 minutes with battery to spare.

This was on a large 1/8 scale track. We were running around 34-37 second laps. Ryan Lutz was in our main and was running 30's with some 29's, so it's a good size track and I was pushing as hard as I could to keep Ryan from lapping me too many times so I'm baffled by the folks who have trouble making time or who say they have to baby it to do so.

Make sure your drivetrain is free and if you are using large 550's or 1/8 scale motors, you might rethink that if your track runs 10 minute mains.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RX8 with a Tekin 4.5 and Venom 5000 40c. EPA is turned down to 75 and geared 43/13. I have my lvc set really high, 3.4 per cell. I get 13 minutes and pull off before lvc kicks in. This is at Mikes Hobby Shop where the Shortcourse Showdown finals were just run. That was a great race.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
The question about making 10 minutes. I run a lightened truck with an Xcelorin 6000 mAh for my 10 minute mains and have loads of battery left. My kid just ran his totally stock truck with a 5000 mAh Gens Ace and CC 1410 motor with hobbywing 120a ESC (the small 1/10 scale one, we both use them) and he made the 10 minutes with battery to spare.

This was on a large 1/8 scale track. We were running around 34-37 second laps. Ryan Lutz was in our main and was running 30's with some 29's, so it's a good size track and I was pushing as hard as I could to keep Ryan from lapping me too many times so I'm baffled by the folks who have trouble making time or who say they have to baby it to do so.

Make sure your drivetrain is free and if you are using large 550's or 1/8 scale motors, you might rethink that if your track runs 10 minute mains.
If Ryan (yes I know he is VERY VERY FAST) is running laps 4-8 seconds faster then you I am certain he is using more battery power the you are. He is also running more laps which takes more power. His runtime will be much worse then your runtime as his car is going faster and traveling a longer distance. Track size, drivers style and all will play into battery consumption. You have to test for yourself to see what kind of milage you get.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBoot
How many guys can make a 10min main?? If you can what motor and speedo along with battery mah are u using.

I can make 10 min mains and have about 1.5 to 2 min left at the end. I run a Tekin RX8/Pro 4 4600 , 14t and a Xcelorin 6000 battery. The key I believe is to set you're Current Limiter (If you are running a RX8) to 80%.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper
If Ryan (yes I know he is VERY VERY FAST) is running laps 4-8 seconds faster then you I am certain he is using more battery power the you are. He is also running more laps which takes more power. His runtime will be much worse then your runtime as his car is going faster and traveling a longer distance. Track size, drivers style and all will play into battery consumption. You have to test for yourself to see what kind of milage you get.
Absolutely agree. It was a finals of a statewide series of races and I ended up on the podium in the final points tally, so I consider myself to be a typical to slightly above average club racer type which is what most of us are. My only point being that it should be pretty easy to make a 10 minute main on a good sized track with this truck and reasonable electronics choices, even if you are pushing it hard (again for a club racer).

I am betting with my motor and ESC and my Xcelorin battery (which has amazing punch and stays balanced well btw) I could easily go 15 minutes if I tried. Now, having said that, this was on a very packed, almost blue groove track. Obviously, a loamy, soft track would suck up a lot more milliamp hours, but with the right gearing and a careful approach, I have made ten minutes on a very mucky, muddy track that had my truck pretty weighed down with mud by the end of the main. It was close, but I made it.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
Absolutely agree. It was a finals of a statewide series of races and I ended up on the podium in the final points tally, so I consider myself to be a typical to slightly above average club racer type which is what most of us are. My only point being that it should be pretty easy to make a 10 minute main on a good sized track with this truck and reasonable electronics choices, even if you are pushing it hard (again for a club racer).

I am betting with my motor and ESC and my Xcelorin battery (which has amazing punch and stays balanced well btw) I could easily go 15 minutes if I tried. Now, having said that, this was on a very packed, almost blue groove track. Obviously, a loamy, soft track would suck up a lot more milliamp hours, but with the right gearing and a careful approach, I have made ten minutes on a very mucky, muddy track that had my truck pretty weighed down with mud by the end of the main. It was close, but I made it.
Just to chime in. This was the first time I've tried to make 10 minutes on my truck. Usually we can get the track to cut it back to at least 8 minutes. If I'm running my normal pace I can only get 7:30 runntime. For this main to make the 10 minutes I was letting off the gas 1/2 way down the straight and coasting the rest of the corner. I was also trying to never pull past 1/4 throttle anywhere on the track. I was able to make the 10 minutes but I could also feel my batteries tapering off at the end. For the Durango we have to run saddle packs and the biggest they have is a 5300. I personally don't think the class should be running 10 minute mains yet. Not until every car can run it with out the risk of damaging their batteries and or motor. JMHO.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Just to chime in. This was the first time I've tried to make 10 minutes on my truck. Usually we can get the track to cut it back to at least 8 minutes. If I'm running my normal pace I can only get 7:30 runntime. For this main to make the 10 minutes I was letting off the gas 1/2 way down the straight and coasting the rest of the corner. I was also trying to never pull past 1/4 throttle anywhere on the track. I was able to make the 10 minutes but I could also feel my batteries tapering off at the end. For the Durango we have to run saddle packs and the biggest they have is a 5300. I personally don't think the class should be running 10 minute mains yet. Not until every car can run it with out the risk of damaging their batteries and or motor. JMHO.
Ryan,

I do have to agree with that. At my home track back in NC, we had to fight to get them to cut it down to 10 from 12 minutes because some were having to use ridiculous batteries that totally threw handling off. Drivers shouldn't have to jump through all kinds of hoops to make time.

I do think one of the reasons I get such good run time is the castle 1410 motor. I seem to be able to push as hard as I want and still have lots of battery to spare. Even on those events where I didn't crash the whole race (Unlike our main at the Badlands)

Since you're here, I want to say it was a pleasure racing with you. You definitely are a very fast yet very friendly and courteous racer. I also have to say that many racers could take a lesson from watching you turn marshal. I've seen some pro's that don't seem to put much effort in marshaling, but you took the toughest part of the track and were really working hard to get the cars quickly when I saw you. Thanks again for coming out to race with us.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Just raced Racetoberfest in Bend, OR and had a couple very smooth laps and was turned in times in the low 40's most laps where closer to 50-53 seconds and this is a huge 1/8th track. Running RX8's and Tekins 5.5 550. Ran 7 min with a turnigy 6000 pack could have made it another min or two but that would have realy pushed it. Tried with a 5000 a couple weeks back on the same track and had to walk my car to the starting line in order to not dump before 7 min.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Ryan, even though you don't run Losi, it's still cool to see you in here. I'm kinda on the fence about 10 min mains (I haven't personally ever run them yet). On one hand, you get a lot of run time which I think is awesome! Also, it pushes the battery manufacturers to better their technology (those of us who ran in the Nicd days remember how long we were stuck with terrible inferior technology. At the time there was little reason outside of RC to better it). On the other hand, it's no fun coming up short and not making the full 10 min which pretty much will wipe out that once in a lifetime awesome run you were having. That being said, in other forms of motorsport such as Indy or Nascar, they have to conserve fuel. This makes them have to drive conservatively at times and save it for the end. I think we've been missing this element and longer mains will reward conservative smooth driving, which will make us all better drivers in the long run. That being said, ALL OUT for 10 minutes sure would be fun!!!! We run 5 min heats and mains at OCRC except for e-buggy, they get 7. But we ran 7 this past weekend and it was so much more fun than 5. I think any time we can get more time on the track, it's a good thing. I, like most of us in this hobby, am just a weekend warrior, so the more track time I get, the better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.