Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

Did anybody already try this kind of installation? I've used a XXX-T CR motor fan support to put the speedo in front of the motor. Before soldering I'm interested to know if somebody already tried and concluded this was not ok (weigth distribution or maintenance,...?).

Cheers
Old 09-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Not sure what this buys you? Truck really does not need more weight up front IMO. It also raises the ESC higher off the chassis. I just use a servo extension to route my reciever wire under the battery tray. You can mod the battery try by cutting off the ESC tray to mount the ESC directly to the chassis.

Other then that no reason you can't do what you did.

i would expect you to need a fan on that ESC as well.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sylv456
Hi all,

Did anybody already try this kind of installation? I've used a XXX-T CR motor fan support to put the speedo in front of the motor. Before soldering I'm interested to know if somebody already tried and concluded this was not ok (weigth distribution or maintenance,...?).

Cheers
Interesting setup but I'm not sure if I lilke all my wires so close to my gears.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
are the new trucks with the new gears out yet? or are the new gears out by themselves?
The new gears will be in the new rtr trucks coming out this fall.

I bought the latest batch, and it has been solid. No wear on the gears or diff pins. Over 100 packs.

No more diff problems, buy this truck
Old 09-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
The new gears will be in the new rtr trucks coming out this fall.

I bought the latest batch, and it has been solid. No wear on the gears or diff pins. Over 100 packs.

No more diff problems, buy this truck
Diffs and gears are old news. As advised, buy this rig, you won't regret it. It's tough as nails and with a few additional Losi options....it can only get better. Losi Rock!!!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:39 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Diffs and gears are old news. As advised, buy this rig, you won't regret it. It's tough as nails and with a few additional Losi options....it can only get better. Losi Rock!!!!!
I guess the original question was are all the gears and pins being sold now the latest and greatest?

I am wondering this as well. I just went to the LHS and saw some gears and pins and I picked them up. I also want to make sure they are the hardened pins. Also, if I remember correctly, there is a running change to the diff gears. I want to know if I have the latest gears.

How do I know that I am not mixing and matching old and new if I've picked up a couple gear sets and the last month or so?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
I guess the original question was are all the gears and pins being sold now the latest and greatest?

I am wondering this as well. I just went to the LHS and saw some gears and pins and I picked them up. I also want to make sure they are the hardened pins. Also, if I remember correctly, there is a running change to the diff gears. I want to know if I have the latest gears.

How do I know that I am not mixing and matching old and new if I've picked up a couple gear sets and the last month or so?
I am suprised this is coming up again...but here goes. Everything out there that you can find will have the hardened pins. As far as the gears go, anything you are finding now is good. However, the gears from the new mold will be in the RTR truck and on past that and will ship as replacement parts shortly, as soon as we run out of existing stock.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am suprised this is coming up again...but here goes. Everything out there that you can find will have the hardened pins. As far as the gears go, anything you are finding now is good. However, the gears from the new mold will be in the RTR truck and on past that and will ship as replacement parts shortly, as soon as we run out of existing stock.
Thanks Ryan. I stopped reading and keeping up with the thread for a month or two because of how fast it grows. I just recently started reading again.

In any case, I got the truck immediately when it came out, and I am still running the very original gears. I replaced with Chris pins from the beginning and still run the original gears.

Also still running the original rear bumper and no problems with center drive shafts. That's a long time of running on 3s with a 2650 motor on a 1/8 scale track
Old 09-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Ryan when will some hard annod shock bodies be out? also have yall thought about doing the suspsnsion balls in hard ano also? im eating threw them pretty good with the dirt we run on at a couple local tracks.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default worn internal diff gears

Ryan -

This past weekend, my car was behaving very strangely and I localized the problem to worn down gears inside my diffs. All the gears were worn down quite a bit. Also, the big shim behind the sun gears showed quite a bit of wear from the rubbing against the pin underneath the sun gear as well as a groove from rubbing against the metal diff cup that goes into the diff housing.

Fortunately, I have several replacement sets, so this wasn't a big deal. Now, I have had these gears for some time and have easily put them through 50-100 battery packs. Is this normal wear and tear? Or is this from the fact that the large sun gear shims are worn (should these shims be replaced regularly)?

I just wanted advice on how to minimize this in the future!

Thanks in advance! I love my scte and all the awesome advice available in this forum!

(note: I have had chris kit installed since I bought this car a few months ago)

Last edited by bico1; 09-22-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bico1
Ryan -

This past weekend, my car was behaving very strangely and I localized the problem to worn down gears inside my diffs. All the gears were worn down quite a bit. Also, the big shim behind the sun gears showed quite a bit of wear from the rubbing against the pin underneath the sun gear as well as a groove from rubbing against the metal diff cup that goes into the diff housing.

Fortunately, I have several replacement sets, so this wasn't a big deal. Now, I have had these gears for some time and have easily put them through 50-100 battery packs. Is this normal wear and tear? Or is this from the fact that the large sun gear shims are worn (should these shims be replaced regularly)?

I just wanted advice on how to minimize this in the future!

Thanks in advance! I love my scte and all the awesome advice available in this forum!

(note: I have had chris kit installed since I bought this car a few months ago)
Chris also makes hardened shims for under the sun gears. Get em!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Chris also makes hardened shims for under the sun gears. Get em!
I'm actually using the hardened shims. Those got grooved right up also just like the stock washers.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bico1
I'm actually using the hardened shims. Those got grooved right up also just like the stock washers.
you need to ca glue the metal insert that goes in the diff cup where the out drive comes through. glue that to the diff cup and it will no longer rub up against the sun gear shim.

the stock shims only lasted me a week befoe they would turn into a folded taco look a like, the chris a shims never showed a sign or wear.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF

I know Ryan already answered this question for you, but I'm sure other people will be wondering the same thing in the not too distant future. I have the new mold (not released yet) gears in my rear diff on my truck. You probably missed it, but I did a big write up about them. If you're really interested to read it, I'm sure you can find it by looking at my previous posts by clicking on my profile. But it's REALLY easy to tell the soon to be released new mold gears vs. the old mold gears. Here's a pic of them. The new Spider gears are slightly longer for better mesh and the splines on the sun gear go all the way through. Also, the new mold gears even though are molded, look almost machined. The old mold gears have held up great for me in my front and center diff, but once the new gears are available I'll definitely be switching them out. Again, there's nothing wrong with the current gears, I've beat the snot out of them and they've taken all my abuse

Here's the pic, New gears on left, old gears on right, you can easily see the difference, so there will be no doubt which set you get when purchasing them:
Old 09-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I know Ryan already answered this question for you, but I'm sure other people will be wondering the same thing in the not too distant future. I have the new mold (not released yet) gears in my rear diff on my truck. You probably missed it, but I did a big write up about them. If you're really interested to read it, I'm sure you can find it by looking at my previous posts by clicking on my profile. But it's REALLY easy to tell the soon to be released new mold gears vs. the old mold gears. Here's a pic of them. The new Spider gears are slightly longer for better mesh and the splines on the sun gear go all the way through. Also, the new mold gears even though are molded, look almost machined. The old mold gears have held up great for me in my front and center diff, but once the new gears are available I'll definitely be switching them out. Again, there's nothing wrong with the current gears, I've beat the snot out of them and they've taken all my abuse

Here's the pic, New gears on left, old gears on right, you can easily see the difference, so there will be no doubt which set you get when purchasing them:

should be no more complaints after these bad boys hit the shelves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.