Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default T-Bone scte rear bumper

I recently installed the "ugly heavy" bumper and im not trying to justify my purchase but here are the benefits that I noticed. It really protects the rear of the body! No usual creases or cracks around the rear fender/tail light area. The skid plate is really doing its job of protecting the chassis and has no effect on handling (dragging/catching the lip of any jumps) I did leave the screw out that attaches the shock tower brace to bumper and the bumper really flexes and absorbs some nasty hits from behind! I gotta agree though.. It UGLY!

On a side note.. want to thank whoever posted about using a RC8B rear chassis brace on the SCTE! It really is a direct fit and WOW what a difference in where flex is distributed! The truck feels more planted/stable than ever!

Old 06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I got my Tony's Screws in the mail today. WOW! I never thought I'd be this excited for freakin screws lol I've gotten screw sets in the past for other vehicles from RC Screwz as well as Losi. I have to say, these seem to be of the best quality so far. But the thing that really impressed me is that each screw was put in it's own ziplock baggy with a label on it with the size, the type of head ie. Button head or Cap Head etc and quantity in each bag. This means no more fumbling through a box of screws eyeballing the right size. I'm very impressed. My Losi speed tips fit in the screws perfectly and seem like they'll be much more difficult to strip than the stock screws. I'm very happy I made this purchase and would highly suggest it. Now go get screwed by Tony's Screws Here's a couple of pix:

I got mine today and love it too, except it's missing the 4 screws for the center diff. Was this the case for you too?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett
On a side note.. want to thank whoever posted about using a RC8B rear chassis brace on the SCTE! It really is a direct fit and WOW what a difference in where flex is distributed! The truck feels more planted/stable than ever!

are you running RC8B stock or alum rear chassis brace?? any pics or part number?

thanks
Old 06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bustanut666
are you running RC8B stock or alum rear chassis brace?? any pics or part number?

thanks
The plastic one (rear)! Sorry no pics yet but..89258 is the AE part #. I would not use the aluminum one IMO. It will mount in one of the nitro engine mount holes. Be sure to use the conical washers that are used for the rear of the battery tray to fill the void. You will be able to use the AE supplied chassis screw for the front of the brace.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

The plastic one (rear)! Sorry no pics yet but..89258 is the AE part #. I would not use the aluminum one IMO. It will mount in one of the nitro engine mount holes. Be sure to use the conical washers that are used for the rear of the battery tray to fill the void. You will be able to use the AE supplied chassis screw for the front of the brace.
this is prob stupid question, but do you use the longer or shorter piece for the rear brace??

http://hrcracing.ch/articles.php?id_article=1000004112

also, i don't recall any conical washers that came with my losi scte battery tray..
Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The old FT rc8 tube style won't fit unless you put another end on it, its to fat and wide to clear the diff case opening. the new FT aluminum brace will fit.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bustanut666
this is prob stupid question, but do you use the longer or shorter piece for the rear brace??

http://hrcracing.ch/articles.php?id_article=1000004112

also, i don't recall any conical washers that came with my losi scte battery tray..
You'd be using the longer of the two braces. Stupid question? Hardly What im reffering to as a conical washer is the washers that are on the underside of your chassis. 3 of them are used to mount the battery/esc tray.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:17 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Here is a photo of the rear RC8 chassis brace installed on the SCTE. Fits like a glove.

Like Jeff said, it does change the handling characteristics quite a bit. If you have a loose track and you get some oversteer exiting the turn, you may want to try this chassis brace. It does calm down the rear end.

I also tried this brace at WCRC which is medium to high bite damp clay and I prefered the stock brace because I was pushing more in the tight turns with the RC8 chassis brace.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I put the rc8 rtr plastic brace on mine too and really liked it. I think I'll need to drill a hole in the BCE chassis for the option, I think I like it better too.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
I put the rc8 rtr plastic brace on mine too and really liked it. I think I'll need to drill a hole in the BCE chassis for the option, I think I like it better too.
i was just thinking about that. counter sunk hole that is
Old 06-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Im really anxious to hear more about the BCE chassis! I am curious about one thing.. if its true that with the BCE you eliminate the plastic riser under the center diff, I understand this helps to lower the center of gravity of the vehicle but I would think you are adding even one more angle to the front driveline. Trust me (please) im not slamming their design just curious if there is any problems noticed as of yet?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I just got my new scte out in the driveway and road. I am having a problem though it stutters a little off the start. I am running a MMP Tekin 4.5 and a 14 tooth pinion. There is no timing advance in the speed control. There is also a slight squeek in the drivetrain somewhere after only 1 battery.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

That would have been me ! And youre welcome .
Old 06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SEF
Here is a photo of the rear RC8 chassis brace installed on the SCTE. Fits like a glove.

Like Jeff said, it does change the handling characteristics quite a bit. If you have a loose track and you get some oversteer exiting the turn, you may want to try this chassis brace. It does calm down the rear end.

I also tried this brace at WCRC which is medium to high bite damp clay and I prefered the stock brace because I was pushing more in the tight turns with the RC8 chassis brace.

Thanks for all replies. I guess I'll stick with stock since I only run at ocrc and wcrc. My scte handles awesome and can almost take on anyone. I just like buying crap I dont need. Lol
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
I just got my new scte out in the driveway and road. I am having a problem though it stutters a little off the start. I am running a MMP Tekin 4.5 and a 14 tooth pinion. There is no timing advance in the speed control. There is also a slight squeek in the drivetrain somewhere after only 1 battery.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
If it's unsensored then this is normal. Check the center diff's bearings for dirt and grease. This is where my squeak was after 2 race days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.