Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mjealey
Oh I was just wondering. That motor being only 2400kv is really low kv to be running on 2s so I figure you would be running it on 3s.
Hi mjealey,
Sorry if I sounded harsch by asking why u were asking... Did not mean to...
Yeah I know, 2400 seems a little low but from what I gather (just copy paste what I got from the guys in CC):

"Voltage determines how fast a motor will spin. Our motors are rated by kV or RPM per volt. On 2s, 7.4 volts, the 2400 will spin only 17,760 PM, pretty slow for a 60,000 RPM max motor. The 2400 will run on 2s but is not particularly fast. On 3s or 11.1 volts RPM goes up to 26640 RPM, a more reasonable RPM that can be geared fast. On 14.4 volts it will spin 34,560 RPM, fast enough to tear a 4 X 4 SCT apart.

The 1410/3800 2 cell race motor, on the other hand, was designed to get the maximum amount of power you can get with the weight of a 4 X 4 SCT. The 3800 motor is smaller and less powerful than the 2400 but with a higher kV. On 3s in a Slash it will overheat as it is maxed out on 2s."

So as larlev mentions in a previous post, I will probably go to 3800 once I get the hand of it all. I am racing on a 1/8 track so that will do fine for the moment.

Cheers,
V
Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I would go with three options. I really liked S enduro up front, SS in the rear or the same all around or you can go with holeshots which always work there but will have a little higher wear.

Gridirons will work if you have those as well.
Ya what he said, LOL Come on out and race ,program starts at 7:00 PM
Old 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Losi TEN-SCTE 4wd short course truck driveline sleeve

So here is the deal, I am a local guy here in Tucson az. I used to be a CNC programmer and machinist, I left the trade about 10 years ago and about 2 years ago i ended up buying a ez trac cnc mill for my garage because i missed being able to make random stuff. I have some friends that are into the RC stuff and i got a request from one of them to make the drive-line sleeves for the Losi 4wd short course truck. These are made from 6061 t6 aluminum and have been proven to work. From what i hear the stock plastic ones get to hot and the pin falls out. So with that said I do have 3 sets available right now and i will be making more if the demand is there. Please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] or call 520-909-8289 if you would like a set. I will ship them to you priority mail usps for an extra $6.00 or you are welcome to pick them up in person. I am selling each set of 2 for $30.00 If you are interested just contact me. Thanks Sean
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-picture-421.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-picture-420.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I got a BCE chassis at the nats am really loving it. Took a nice chunk of weight off the truck and seemed to keep the truck from bottoming out as much on the larger jumps. I was running 1/8th buggy springs on the truck so the rears were a bit long. The weight difference made it so I could barely get my ride height down to where I wanted it. LOL I finished 4th in the B, .1 sec out of 3rd. Thanks BCE!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toby keith
So here is the deal, I am a local guy here in Tucson az. I used to be a CNC programmer and machinist, I left the trade about 10 years ago and about 2 years ago i ended up buying a ez trac cnc mill for my garage because i missed being able to make random stuff. I have some friends that are into the RC stuff and i got a request from one of them to make the drive-line sleeves for the Losi 4wd short course truck. These are made from 6061 t6 aluminum and have been proven to work. From what i hear the stock plastic ones get to hot and the pin falls out. So with that said I do have 3 sets available right now and i will be making more if the demand is there. Please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] or call 520-909-8289 if you would like a set. I will ship them to you priority mail usps for an extra $6.00 or you are welcome to pick them up in person. I am selling each set of 2 for $30.00 If you are interested just contact me. Thanks Sean
sweeeet money order will be on its way soon
Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

sweet count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

I will take a set of the sleeves!
Old 09-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone know if these bodies will fit the SCTE?? If not which ones will fit it?

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro330760.htm

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro335000.htm
Old 09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by mdavis1432
Anyone know if these bodies will fit the SCTE?? If not which ones will fit it?

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro330760.htm

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pro335000.htm
yes, like a glove.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet thanks. Ill post up a pic of it once its mounted so we can see what it looks like on an SCTE.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Sold my kit today. Saving money now to buy the RTR version. Also getting chris's upgrades and the lightened outdrives. Cant wait!!!!!! Thought it was the best idea as I had an older kit and nothing was updated in it yet(as it was still new in box) I told the guy about the updates and all but he still wanted it so why not right guess the price was right for him. I did sell it somwhat cheap for a NIB kit
Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by e-fanatic
Sold my kit today. Saving money now to buy the RTR version. Also getting chris's upgrades and the lightened outdrives. Cant wait!!!!!! Thought it was the best idea as I had an older kit and nothing was updated in it yet(as it was still new in box) I told the guy about the updates and all but he still wanted it so why not right guess the price was right for him. I did sell it somwhat cheap for a NIB kit
wondering how much you asked for your kit? I have one too. Bought it and never had time to put the ESC and motor in it. Then my local track closed. So I'm wondering if I could sell it and put the funds towards the new 5ive-T. Love that truck and could bash around with it and have a blast.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Tonight, I decided to remove the grease from the differentials and replace with diff fluid

Center diff: Easy

I am having problems with the rear - I have put the diff back together having a problem trying to fit the diff back into the housing - I can't seem to get the housing to close. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick?
Old 09-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jasontraci
Tonight, I decided to remove the grease from the differentials and replace with diff fluid

Center diff: Easy

I am having problems with the rear - I have put the diff back together having a problem trying to fit the diff back into the housing - I can't seem to get the housing to close. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick?
make sure the 2 plastic rings on the side of the diff case are oriented correctly, if not they will not slide in and allow the case to fully close
Old 09-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

FINALLY!!! I have gone threw at least 10cplastic sleeves since the trucks been out!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.