Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigben1165
i use the 2200kv cc motor for offroad use. the stock motor mount can only accept an 18t pinion at the largest due to the short range of adjustability. unless you change the 48t spur and HPI does not offer them
If the stock mount is limited to 18T. How are people using a 26T for 80mph?
Old 05-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Grid RC
ive actually never heard of anyone using a pinion larger than a 21, like i am. eliterc makes a mount for the D8 that MAY allow the use of that size pinion but that mount has been out of stock for about 3 months and they are produced unreliably and most people cant get one. this is why we went out to find another company to produce mounts for the vorza. some are using the tekno conversion for the D8 with comes with a decent mount that allows larger pinions but its a separate piece similar to the stock mount which makes gear mesh a problem.

i can tell you that 99% of vorza owners use a pinion between 16-19 teeth and run the vorza off road. your new mount will suit our needs perfectly. the Eliterc mount is great but no one can get one.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by csrcxd
Got it today and installed just now, and it's seriously another step toward easier gear meshing. The only thing i'm trying to sell is the rcm mount so if anyone want, let me know, the ad is in the FS section.

Also, Jeff told me to go to Mr.Mya's for his home-made spacers to raise up the differential mounts and of course diff itself, but he did not seem to come here often anymore , so if anyone has a spare one, i'll buy it from you, too.

Mr.Mya, hello?!!!! Some business here for you

p.s., a bit mad that i already cut the stock receiver box which turned into a total :ugly:, elite mount does not require box mod ;(
i have one of those carbon plate spacers for the center diff if you want it. another thing i saw (which isnt helping you now) but the xray 808e comes with a mount spacer that is mounted between the motor face and the mount to push it back about 3/16". this makes the motor stem stick out less far so you would not have had to cut open your receiver box.

another option you could do with your rcm mount is cut off the motor mount and clean it up, flip it around and use it as the other half of your center diff mount. along with the eliterc mount, new rcm center bearing holder and top brace you will have an all aluminum center diff! its actually what i did.
here is a pic if you can see it.
HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2-close-up-chassis.jpg
Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

They may be using the Kyosho 44t spur, and the EliteRC mount.

ben
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by armourbl
They may be using the Kyosho 44t spur, and the EliteRC mount.

ben
im using kyo 44t/21t pinion with the tekno conversion and i have plenty of room for a bigger pinion if i want one, but again, the gear mesh is a serious pain in the ass. i would replace the mount in a heartbeat.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ive actually never heard of anyone using a pinion larger than a 21, like i am. eliterc makes a mount for the D8 that MAY allow the use of that size pinion but that mount has been out of stock for about 3 months and they are produced unreliably and most people cant get one. this is why we went out to find another company to produce mounts for the vorza. some are using the tekno conversion for the D8 with comes with a decent mount that allows larger pinions but its a separate piece similar to the stock mount which makes gear mesh a problem.

i can tell you that 99% of vorza owners use a pinion between 16-19 teeth and run the vorza off road. your new mount will suit our needs perfectly. the Eliterc mount is great but no one can get one.
If our mount goes production for the Vorza, it should handle 13T to 23T so it should take care almost everyone for off-road with the exception of those that have to run 26T or 28T for on-road.

Last edited by Team Grid RC; 05-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

If our mount goes production for the Vorza, it should handle 13T to 23T so it should take care almost everyone for off-road with the exception of those that have to run 26T or 28T for on-road.
that sounds awesome!

id like to hear what the rest of the vorza guys think????
Old 05-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Hey guys, I have an elite rc motor mount I am putting up for sale. It's hardly used (shows minor wear). I thought I would let you guys have first crack at it since they are so hard to find. I will take offers via pm. If they come in really low I will just put it in the for sale forums. Mount comes with everything as new including brand new bearing installed. These really are the BEST mounts. Takes literally seconds to adjust your mesh and never moves. Just set it and forget it. I have these on all my rides.

I also have some other race stuff for d8/vorza (aluminum rear hubs, lightened outdrives, cvd's, a-arms, etc) that I will be posting also.

Last edited by timannnn6; 01-27-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Elite Rc mount can fit any size pinion with no mods..that is how people are using larger pinons.. It can be used for racing or high speed runs..very strong, simple and quick to change pinion sizes.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

80 mph runs will require some serious driving skills. Bigben emailed an article from an rc magazine hitting 100+ mph, and it took a lot of work from what the article stated. The diffs required some serious work, apparently they distribute power very unevenly at those power levels. Foam tires were also used, so plan on buying some really good tires that are going to wear very quickly. I sold my 6s way before I traded the Vorza; 6s seemed to be too much for anything other than speed runs, and dont forget that very high speeds also accelerates wear on any moving parts.

I had my Vorza at 67 mph, and it was more than a handful. Really cool to see for sure, but any mistakes can (and usually does) lead to an expensive crash; the Vorza is durable, but not indestructible.

Don't forget that those going for speed runs usually only get a few tries before needing to let everything cool down. I would try the Vorza on 6s in stock configuration, maybe add an 18t pinion. 60-70 mph may not sound like the ultimate in speed, but it is extremely fast, especially if you are not used to those speeds.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up grid rc mount

Hi rc grid
I drag race my vorza and use a 22t pinion, so that will be great for me, let me know when they are ready?
Cant wait

Old 05-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up HPI support rocks!

Last month the esc in my Vorza died. I called HPI support and they told me to send it in and they would take a look at it. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks so I called and they told me they never received it. Since I didn't have any proof that I shipped it I figured I was out one esc. So I ordered a new mmm on Ebay, end of story. Not really, yesterday I get a box in the mail from HPI. One brand new HPI Blur esc, no explanation, but there was. HPI support rocks!

Jerry
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jones8352
Last month the esc in my Vorza died. I called HPI support and they told me to send it in and they would take a look at it. I didn't hear from them for a few weeks so I called and they told me they never received it. Since I didn't have any proof that I shipped it I figured I was out one esc. So I ordered a new mmm on Ebay, end of story. Not really, yesterday I get a box in the mail from HPI. One brand new HPI Blur esc, no explanation, but there was. HPI support rocks!

Jerry
thats pretty sweet! if i had to guess, HPI probably HAD received your esc and didnt know it. rather than eat there words, they just sent you a brand new one, which is pretty cool. now you have a backup or one to sell!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

thats pretty sweet! if i had to guess, HPI probably HAD received your esc and didnt know it. rather than eat there words, they just sent you a brand new one, which is pretty cool. now you have a backup or one to sell!
I may have lucked out cause it died after I accidently ran through a huge mud puddle. I think you're right about them finding it and just sending me a new one. I'll keep it as a back up, I have six rc's that could use it if needed.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Can Truggy tires be used with our buggies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.