Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
I don't know about that.. I just didn't break anything! When I found out they were planning to run the track in the reverse direction, I decided to test tires and change a few things each round to see if it made the car better or not. I change camber, gearing, and toe in adjustments to see if I could tell any difference. And each round and main, I ran a different sets of tires to see if anything worked better than the previous round. The tires I ran in the main gripped well enough that it would traction roll if pushed at all. I qualified 2nd but it did not help that I got "punted" a couple of times by the "clean racers". Was not expecting that from them. It was not a racing deal. It was pretty much just "No reason to make the corner...just square up on the silver car and HIT IT AS HARD AS I CAN". Got hit hard enough by a truggy that it caved the side of the body in all the way into the battery! Some people I understand that they just get excited and that is they way they drive. But when the local fast, "clean racers" dump someone, I did not expect it at all. But hey, it is all in fun and no parts got broken so I live to run another day!
sorry buddy, that sucks! sounds like bad sportsmanship on their part. AND IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YEAH, IM TALKING TO YOU!! thats a hack way to race regardless. you have a great attitude!!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigben1165
sorry buddy, that sucks! sounds like bad sportsmanship on their part. AND IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YEAH, IM TALKING TO YOU!! thats a hack way to race regardless. you have a great attitude!!
Reading the RTR thread....

Just part of racing. I did not get mad. I did talk to him on the stand after. I nicely said, "I did not expect that from a racer that has been around a long time and is said to be a clean driver". He talked to me after the event and we laughed, but now I know what to expect and will drive a lot more defensive from now on. Lesson learned...
Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

like i said before, you def. have a better attitude than i do!!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Yeah, I don't know if I would have been so gracious...No, I do know, and I would not have been lol.

I am near Kerrville, so if you are ever up this way, look me up. The track where I run is great, it is a resort that the owner decided to tear up the tennis courts and put in a track lol.

Most of the people are by invite (at least for now), and all are a great group of guys. No slamming into anyone (at least not intentionally), everyone is there to have a good time.

I will find out Tuesday what the Vorza is made of lol, the owner just got a new Losi 8ight 2.0 with a Tekin system in it. The Vorza does well on the track, so it will be interesting. I will report back with the results.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

I am planning to attend a San Antonio track in the next month while our track is being rebuilt. You ever go over to RCHQ in San Antonio?

As for the other cars. I think any car is capable of winning in the right hands. I just don't have the correct hands!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by PorTX
I am planning to attend a San Antonio track in the next month while our track is being rebuilt. You ever go over to RCHQ in San Antonio?

As for the other cars. I think any car is capable of winning in the right hands. I just don't have the correct hands!
Lol, I feel that way sometimes too! RCHQ is a decent track, but too far for me to go to just to race. There is a track in Boerne, just outside San Antonio, you really want to check it out. Here is a link to some pics:

http://rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27288&page=2
Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

what do you think then, would it be worth it for me to do it?
Nope. I'd never do that to a car that sees any kind of dirt, including grass. Pain the butt to keep looking nice just as it is now.

ben
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badaml
Lol, I feel that way sometimes too! RCHQ is a decent track, but too far for me to go to just to race. There is a track in Boerne, just outside San Antonio, you really want to check it out. Here is a link to some pics:

http://rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27288&page=2
PM sent....mapquest shows RCHQ is just 162 miles from me. But when the local track is out of commission, 162 miles is a NICE road trip.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Suspended

Lol, I drive 78 miles each way to work. The Boerne track is just outside San Antonio, roughly 18 miles away. Full Throttle Hobbies is the name. If you have family, check out Lazy Hills Retreat, lots of stuff to do (mini golf, gameroom, playground, and of course the RC Track lol).

http://lazyhillsretreat.com/
Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

That track is 226 miles from me...
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

check out t-bone racing. they make a set of guards that bolt to the bottom of the front and rear of the chassis. they are cheap and are placed where the majority of the contact occurs when you bottom out.
Attachment 732149
Dang that looks nicer than what i've just got yesterday?! I got DE racing's ones on eBay. Didn't do much research into it before just bidding as I thought that was just some plastic wear n tear parts... Guess I should always search in this thread before i make any decision for my vorza in the future!

Also just got a GT3b as tx/rx as I saw a bunch of radio upgrade recommendations for new comers in this thread.

The bad bad thing to report is that a couple pages ago I had reported the big fail crash by my girlfriend on the vorza at the first day I had it... Well, front tower has come long time ago and the differential case i ordered still not after 2 weeks! the Vorza has been taken apart for like 1-1/2 week now sitting there since the day that shock tower came in.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

i use the outerwares shroud and i cuts cleanup to a fraction. there are thread about using plastidip and liquid tape to encase your electronics as well as CorrosionX but i guess it depends on how much snow you have throughout the year. search those three items and you will find out how to use them. i used the plastidip on a servo and it worked great. that is the only one i have used.
Originally Posted by DanielD
The outwears is great i have one but i wouldnt suggest getting it to repel water but to aid in repellent for dirt/dust.It makes for cleanup easier and it still gets alittle dusty/dirty.

I see, so the shroud can do a bit in water repellent like if i accidentally run vorza through some wet part of the road after raining, or can't it? If even that still cause a high risk of shortening something, i might seriously think about totally water proof the whole car. And i'm a perfectionist so I'll do it to the extreme where the waterproof ability for my vorza at least beats traxxas' plastics
Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Where did you order the diff case from?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I Love my Vorza!!! I feel like buying another one for a back up. Way much funner then my e revo brushless edition. My e revo can out speed my vorza on 6s but that speed is uncontrollable. My vorza on 6s with stock spur and 18t is perfect on 6s and very controllable. My vorza is the best RC I've owned.. Sorry yo! I'm just happy with my purchase. This vorza is like a Forza! Built like a tank and insane speed that you can control. Thanks HPI for a great product. I'm from W.Covina, CA. Anyone know any bashing spots nearby? Im tired of racetracks too competitive..
Old 04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jeffrocks626
I Love my Vorza!!! I feel like buying another one for a back up. Way much funner then my e revo brushless edition. My e revo can out speed my vorza on 6s but that speed is uncontrollable. My vorza on 6s with stock spur and 18t is perfect on 6s and very controllable. My vorza is the best RC I've owned.. Sorry yo! I'm just happy with my purchase. This vorza is like a Forza! Built like a tank and insane speed that you can control. Thanks HPI for a great product. I'm from W.Covina, CA. Anyone know any bashing spots nearby? Im tired of racetracks too competitive..
You must be a great driver - I went back to 4s because I found 6s to be a little too much! Although I will say, after running 6s, 4s does seem a little tame lol. 6s on a dusty track is not a good combo lmao.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.