Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
Ya know...between getting the elite rc mount, the kyosho spur gear and the tekno captured cvds about 80% of the day to day frustration associated with keeping the vorza running consistently is gone.

The 20% left is just normal consumables and wear items that are easy to maintain and keep stocked in my pit box. Whew!
When are you and the Mrs. going to come down again? I am running my erevo, so tell your wife it's on! Lol.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
When are you and the Mrs. going to come down again? I am running my erevo, so tell your wife it's on! Lol.
Haha! It's the end of the school year so she has been really busy with getting things buttoned up. Hopefully we will have some time starting in June. I was trying to get PorTX to come out to my place and run for a day the next time he comes to the area...ya know really laid back without all the stress...but he has been really busy too with moving to the Metroplex. Plus, he is an RC Pro Racer and my little spread hardly qualifies as a track!

So lately it has been just me myself and I out back turning laps. It's really hard to get guys together...partly because we are so spread out and busy, but even the ones here local pay a lot of lip service to getting together, but never really seem to follow through on it. Dunno. I must be really intimidating or something!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Haha! It's the end of the school year so she has been really busy with getting things buttoned up. Hopefully we will have some time starting in June. I was trying to get PorTX to come out to my place and run for a day the next time he comes to the area...ya know really laid back without all the stress...but he has been really busy too with moving to the Metroplex. Plus, he is an RC Pro Racer and my little spread hardly qualifies as a track!

So lately it has been just me myself and I out back turning laps. It's really hard to get guys together...partly because we are so spread out and busy, but even the ones here local pay a lot of lip service to getting together, but never really seem to follow through on it. Dunno. I must be really intimidating or something!
Well, depending on what day you can run, I will definitely come out if the offer includes me...I work in SA, so you are not that far.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone near the Tallahassee Florida area?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by badaml
Well, depending on what day you can run, I will definitely come out if the offer includes me...I work in SA, so you are not that far.
I pretty much run every weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday and sometimes during the week. But usually the week is reserved for doing any work to the track needed to make it ready for the weekend. I usually kick it off around 10am and go until 5pm or 6pm...typically running about 5 or 6 battery packs. The wife jumps in whenever she can, but like I said she has been really busy with school stuff.

Lately I have been focusing on driving line and control rather than setup. I figure my base setup is fairly good and I need to be a lot more consistent behind the wheel before some of the finer adjustments begin making themselves useful. When I hit the fastest time I think I can get around the track and can go there consistently I will start dialing it in via setup. I figure the whole process will help me better understand this buggy enough that I will be able to dial it in at other tracks as well. That's the hope anyway.

Nevermind the fact that most pro tracks are a hell of a lot harder than what I have here, so that is a bit of a wildcard I'll have to deal with then.

So, consider it a standing invite to you gents that are in the surrounding area. Just PM me if you want to check it out and spin your wheels for a battery pack or two. If we get enough guys we can actually hold races instead of just open practice.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChrisVorzaNinja
You haven't had to replace your pinion or spur for a year?

All because of some graphite powder? How often do you run and what batteries do you use?
3x a week, on 4s 16t/stock spur. If the track is big I run 6s. I put graphite powder evertime I hit up the tracks. It's easy to do, just brush it on with a small brush.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

What about your mesh? Is it on the tighter or looser side of things ?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

dudes i really want one of these cars can you let this thread die so ill quit thinkin about it for a while hahahaha just kiddin fellas i like reading what you guys are doing so ill be better prepaired for when i get one .
Old 05-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was trying to get PorTX to come out to my place and run for a day the next time he comes to the area... Plus, he is an RC Pro Racer and my little spread hardly qualifies as a track!
Don't forget, I got last place at the RC Pro event... I think I would be more the like RC NOpro...

I am going to try to come up there one weekend in June. It may be a Saturday (RCHQ) or Sunday (Boerne) depending on the wifes work schedule. I have about 3-4 local guys that want to come up there to one of the tracks and run so that would be a good time for all of us to carpool or follow each other up.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PorTX
Don't forget, I got last place at the RC Pro event... I think I would be more the like RC NOpro...

I am going to try to come up there one weekend in June. It may be a Saturday (RCHQ) or Sunday (Boerne) depending on the wifes work schedule. I have about 3-4 local guys that want to come up there to one of the tracks and run so that would be a good time for all of us to carpool or follow each other up.
Haha! But...YOU beat me in Boerne though! Sounds like fun. Keep me posted I would love to join.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

That's a great thing to be able to have a track in your backyard. I wish we had the land here for that. At least not were I live. Any pics of the track?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Haha! But...YOU beat me in Boerne though! Sounds like fun. Keep me posted I would love to join.
That's strange...the results that I saw. I was listed as last place in the main??
Old 05-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PorTX
That's strange...the results that I saw. I was listed as last place in the main??
Doesn't count. You were the TQ and had to bug out early...I DNF the main.

Maybe we call it a draw?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
That's a great thing to be able to have a track in your backyard. I wish we had the land here for that. At least not were I live. Any pics of the track?
Here is a link to the track thread...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/texas-ra...els-peeps.html
Old 05-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisVorzaNinja
What about your mesh? Is it on the tighter or looser side of things ?
def. on the tighter side. they are finding that the 'paper method' leaves too much play between the gears and causes premature failure. i just read an article on it, ill see if i can scan and post it.

you are looking for a tight mesh with a very small amount of play (very small).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.