Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
Got my Kyosho 44t spur last week.
You are going to like it.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigben1165
you should be able to get a 3" servo extension wire from you lhs, will that work? i also have the tools to make servo wires, if you tell me what ends you will need on both sides and the total length you need i can make you one and send it to you.
Wow that's really nice of you to offer!!! I'll check to see if my lhs might have what is needed if not I'll let you know.

Thankyou very much Ben!
Jerry
Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got my Kyosho 44t spur last week. Have not messed with putting it on since the center diff just got fresh rebuild the week before. Have not driven the Vorza since then. I changed the diff oil set up to 7/7/3 to see how much it changes from 5/5/5. Maybe in the next week or two I can get some track time. Thinking about ordering a chassis conversion kit and better motor mount in the not to distance future for the Vorza.
well it looks like gridrc is jumping on the build of the new vorza motor mounts right now so we probably wont be waiting very long.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jones8352
Wow that's really nice of you to offer!!! I'll check to see if my lhs might have what is needed if not I'll let you know.

Thankyou very much Ben!
Jerry
i have my moments!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigben1165
well it looks like gridrc is jumping on the build of the new vorza motor mounts right now so we probably wont be waiting very long.
Are there any mounts similar in design to the Elite mounts that work with the HHH or Tekno chassis? I have not really looked into the kits, but know that I do NOT want another motor mount like the stock Vorza 4 bolt mount. It really was not a big hassle until I got the Eco. Then I realized the Elite mount design was well worth the cash...
Old 05-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

How is the Mugen compared to the Vorza? When you coming down?

Even though I no longer have a Vorza, I will race my erevo
Old 05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GRID mount for Vorza update !

Hello,

Since the announcement to do a pilot run of the mounts for the Vorza last week, we have seen very few response for them.

As of today, we have 7 people that have confirmed that they want them.

To clarify again how the pilot run works. Those that send us a PM to confirm now will be asked to pay up the $59 (plus shipping) when the pilot will go production. This pilot ensures only prepaid orders will be filled and that everyone we make is sold.

We guess because of the low response is either not enough Vorza owners is aware of this project or the stock mount is working fine with everyone outside the 7 that have committed.

We will give you another update at the end of the month. At that point we will determine if the project lives.

Again, thank you to those that did respond.

Team GRID
Old 05-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badaml
How is the Mugen compared to the Vorza? When you coming down?

Even though I no longer have a Vorza, I will race my erevo
Mugen is a lot more agile. Still working on getting more comfortable with the car and finding a set up that works for me. I have only had it on the track 3 times for a total of 6 batteries. It is starting to feel more comfortable though. Going back to driving the Vorza, you see right away, the difference in suspension. The Eco soaks up areas on the track that you have to be aware of driving the Vorza. It is almost like driving 2 different scales of cars on 2 different tracks. Of course keep in mind, I am not an expert. The Eco is WAY better of a car than I am as a driver. I also see why people that have the Associated, Losi and Eco have trouble with the Vorza. The Vorza just feels heavy on the track and most "expert" drivers seem to want a car that is light and nimble. But I just can't seem to get the nimble to feel right, yet. One thing that I did find out really quick. Hard and medium tires work pretty good for me on the Vorza. But they do not work for me on the Eco. I bolted on the baldest soft tires I had and they work a LOT better than almost new hard tires that I had been running. All in all it is going to take some time to work out the set-up that fits me best on the Eco. I am planning to keep the Vorza and do some upgrades to it over the next few months. That is unless I decide to sell it and buy a used RC8BE.. There are some really good deals popping up as of late??

I am going to try to come up in a few weeks. I know it will not be next weekend. After that we will just have to see how the house hunting is going and how much I can get packed up here at this house. If I can get ahead of schedule on that I will be heading up there again. I hope to get up there when Z4Kevo can make it also. I would like to have another get together before I move, the last week of June.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

quick question..why use the kyosho plastic 44t spur when hpi makes the 44t spur in steel?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Atrackstar101
quick question..why use the kyosho plastic 44t spur when hpi makes the 44t spur in steel?
Steel gear makes a lot more noise, costs more and wears both the pinion and spur faster.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Steel gear makes a lot more noise, costs more and wears both the pinion and spur faster.
Yeah...what he said.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

What compound are the stock tires?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Are there any mounts similar in design to the Elite mounts that work with the HHH or Tekno chassis? I have not really looked into the kits, but know that I do NOT want another motor mount like the stock Vorza 4 bolt mount. It really was not a big hassle until I got the Eco. Then I realized the Elite mount design was well worth the cash...
no there isnt. the tekno comes with a better mount than the stock one, but mesh still kinda sucks.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Atrackstar101
looking at the HPI site, the 44 and 46 spurs are still not available??
Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah...the elite is the shiznitz. Too bad the business side of things suck with them.

The elite design eliminates almost all of the spur to pinion gear grindage that goes on with the stock mount and together with the kyosho spur it is pretty much what it should have been right out of the box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.