Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshC90
So i noticed today that my 410 makes this odd squeaking noise at the face of jumps, i also noticed another racers 410 making the same noise. Can anyone tell me whats causing this?

I havnt noticed this before so its a bit alarming lol
Or could it be the slipper slipping?
Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
Or could it be the slipper slipping?
ive got it set down pretty tight, i have alot of balloon when i hit the gas so i dont think thats it. Or do you think it could be because its to tight?
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is the slipper slipping. For sure. Maybe go a half turn on the nut or replace the pads. I had to lock mine down completely when I was using the 4 pole to keep it from slipping, even with new pads(turf). Just left it that way which is fine on turf, but sometimes I do lose the spur, which leads to the following scenario...

Anyone else ever gotten a bad machined spur gear?

My molded one let go and all we had on wall was a machined version. Put it in and the slipper assembly wouldn't go in the mount. This made me think maybe the mount bent and that was what caused the spur to let go in the first place.

Tried putting that same assembly into a buddy's car and it was the same, which made me think maybe the slipper assembly was bad(bent outdrive or something)

So I pulled it apart and gave the spur to that same guy, and he assembled it with his parts, and it did the exact same thing in his car, with his parts.

So it has to be the spur right?

Anyone else seen this?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

If aluminum bulkheads were offered for the 410 who would want it and how much would you pay for it?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

I'd consider one if the weight did not increase. I think $20 would be about right. STRC bulkheads for the RB series are $20 and they are quality components. I was told to stick with genuine Kyosho suspension hangers because the quality of STRC hangers was inferior. Being as I had the option to exchange if I found that to be the case, I went with the STRC ones and they are every bit identical to the Kyosho hangers and the fit is identically precise.

Matching Pewter ano would also be ideal. It sucks having different colors on components throughout a car.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

$20 per pair or per side? I'd be willing to pay for a full set both fronts and the rears. I've sent an email to Exotek and posted a message on the Tresrey thread to see if there was a demand if they would look into it. To avoid weight increase they would probably have to be machined which would add to the cost I assume over a stamped piece but I'm not a machinist so I dunno. Hoping to hear back from them with some good news.

I'm personally not too concerned with color, black works great for me you can't see all the color pieces half the time anyway.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridgeracer
Hi Mark,

Item number 42214, 50-durometer are the ones you want. The 70-durometer is for mineral oil only. I use Losi oil also and no problems after 2 months.

Owe
Hi Ridge,

Well, I tries the 50 durometer Tamiya xrings with no luck : (

They felt really smooth when I built them up - maybe too smooth : /

Ran the car the first time with them and all four shocks leaked really bad. Taking off the caps, one had oil to about 3mm from the top, two were about 1/2 full, one was completely empty! Was I supposed to green slime them first? I built them up and the car sat for 4-5 days, so the oil in there should have swelled them up? idk

Before taking them apart, the shafts had a lot of play back and forth. The rings are definitely much looser on the shaft.

I rechecked the part number - got that right. Losi oil. Maybe I really DID need to use mineral spirits based oil. But you didn't, right?

Back to stock orings for this week.

Mark
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
$20 per pair or per side? I'd be willing to pay for a full set both fronts and the rears. I've sent an email to Exotek and posted a message on the Tresrey thread to see if there was a demand if they would look into it. To avoid weight increase they would probably have to be machined which would add to the cost I assume over a stamped piece but I'm not a machinist so I dunno. Hoping to hear back from them with some good news.

I'm personally not too concerned with color, black works great for me you can't see all the color pieces half the time anyway.
A part like this will have to be machined. It is simply too intricate to be stamped and will have to be cut on a 5-axis mill. These types of parts are generally in the $30 range for a rear bulkhead but they are usually much more intricate and are larger than the 410 bulkheads. Being as STRC sells the more intricate type for $20, I see no reason why 410 bulkheads can't be less expensive. I just wish I could afford to by a small desktop 3 or 5-axis because I'd produce small parts all day long.

I'd like to see a set (front and back) priced around $35. The problem with Tresrey is that they will be RED. I'd have no issue with Black either but the Pewter will match all the Durango components like the front blocks just fine.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BillyT.
That is the slipper slipping. For sure. Maybe go a half turn on the nut or replace the pads. I had to lock mine down completely when I was using the 4 pole to keep it from slipping, even with new pads(turf). Just left it that way which is fine on turf, but sometimes I do lose the spur, which leads to the following scenario...

Anyone else ever gotten a bad machined spur gear?

My molded one let go and all we had on wall was a machined version. Put it in and the slipper assembly wouldn't go in the mount. This made me think maybe the mount bent and that was what caused the spur to let go in the first place.

Tried putting that same assembly into a buddy's car and it was the same, which made me think maybe the slipper assembly was bad(bent outdrive or something)

So I pulled it apart and gave the spur to that same guy, and he assembled it with his parts, and it did the exact same thing in his car, with his parts.

So it has to be the spur right?

Anyone else seen this?
Yep happend to me as well, its now sitting in my box. I ordered a few stock gears from amain and it dropped right in. The machined gears are too wide for sure.

Ill try tightening up the slipper and see if the noise goes away. Thanks for the advice, my slippers are made by rcshox out of same crazy material. They dont burn out lol
Old 11-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Hey guys, on alot of the setups on petitrc I see 2 and 3 hole pistons. Are guys drilling their own from the blanks you get??? I only see four hole on the Durango site. Could someone shead some light on this for me.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Hey guys, on alot of the setups on petitrc I see 2 and 3 hole pistons. Are guys drilling their own from the blanks you get??? I only see four hole on the Durango site. Could someone shead some light on this for me.
Super glue tooth picks in the hole, cut, then make a little glue top on each side to keep it in place. Drill holes to the larger size if needed.

Also shock piston kit that will be coming our way new is TD330590 and contains

2 x 1.6mm - 1 pair supplied

2 x 1.7mm - 1 pair supplied

3 x 1.6mm - 1 pair supplied

3 x 1.7mm - 1 pair supplied
Old 11-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoshC90
Yep happend to me as well, its now sitting in my box. I ordered a few stock gears from amain and it dropped right in. The machined gears are too wide for sure.
Awesome... I mean, sh*tty that the machined gears don't work, but good to know that is the issue.

I'll get some stock spurs on the way. Thanks man.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Super glue tooth picks in the hole, cut, then make a little glue top on each side to keep it in place. Drill holes to the larger size if needed.

Also shock piston kit that will be coming our way new is TD330590 and contains

2 x 1.6mm - 1 pair supplied

2 x 1.7mm - 1 pair supplied

3 x 1.6mm - 1 pair supplied

3 x 1.7mm - 1 pair supplied
Awesome thanks for the tips. Any idea on release date on the new pistons??
Old 11-18-2013, 06:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Awesome thanks for the tips. Any idea on release date on the new pistons??
In stock at Tower..
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDNVK&P=7
Old 11-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

anytime you hear squeaking noise you need to grease your center drive shift coupling,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.