Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrius
Don't really have much experience with different brands of ESC's, pretty new to the game, and so far i've only had a Losi ESC and some cheap ZTW stuff in my TLR22.

So that's why am asking, been looking at the Tekin, and most seem to be happy with it, though heard some have had problems with the BEC, am also a bit worried that maybe not all ESC will fit in the this car? As with the TLR22 things seems to be a tight fit.
They'll all fit, I've seen just about every esc be shoe-horned in there. GTBs, speed passions (hobby wing), newer novaks, LRPs, and orion.. No matter the esc, it'll go in
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you want the receiver and esc to be on the plate then they need to be small. If you run without the tray (really not needed) then your options are more open. The gainabul body gives more room for height.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The bec is fine on the Rs/RsPro. Today's servos are simply drawing more current than ever to make their crazy specs without regard to what may power them up.

Ryan Lutz uses the RS pro with his HV Ko servos without issue.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Does anyone have any setups for the big bores yet, other than the Durango website? Still playing with mine, thanks.........
Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you are new and really needing a rec. for this car I would go with the Tekin.There are several reasons...

Space,its small and very tuneable
Quality,even though Im not running them at the moment I have in the past and Im sure they are better than ever. If not we would know about it.
Randy Pike on the forum for your car, how can you beat that for set up questions.

Some may argue this but who cares about becs any more! Put a savox 1267hv in there. They are under a hundred bucks,all steel gears, you get a t shirt, and free shipping. run it right off the Lipo,tighten an alloy servo arm and saver down and the weak link becomes the ball cups which need to be upgraded anyway

The biggest mistake IMO for beginners is motor choice. If you go with what the big dogs run a 6.5/5.5 you are making the following mistakes if you are planning on racing...
Its just to much motor for a new driver!the only exception is if you are just bashing this race rig. It only causes unneeded wear on the drivetrain as well as less run time and more heat. Start with a 10.5, fast enough to get you started but still managable HP. Plus once you want more turn it up with the esc. Im absolutly positive Mr pike can give you a setup for the rs pro that will scream.
I cant speak for others but these are things I wish I was told so I hope it helps you out.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default tekin!

great support from tekin, and a bullett proof product
fits like a glove great choice
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABBOTT

The biggest mistake IMO for beginners is motor choice. If you go with what the big dogs run a 6.5/5.5 you are making the following mistakes if you are planning on racing...
Its just to much motor for a new driver!the only exception is if you are just bashing this race rig. It only causes unneeded wear on the drivetrain as well as less run time and more heat. Start with a 10.5, fast enough to get you started but still managable HP. Plus once you want more turn it up with the esc. Im absolutly positive Mr pike can give you a setup for the rs pro that will scream.
I cant speak for others but these are things I wish I was told so I hope it helps you out.
Cant agree with this enough. Dont go all overboard on the motor unless you have driven 4wd buggy before and have decent experience with it. You wont use the power up front. I will suggest that you get a motor that has good support in terms of parts. Novak, Thunderpower, Speedpassion all make brilliant motors and you can easily just change the stator when you are ready for more power.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you are new and really needing a rec. for this car I would go with the Tekin.There are several reasons...

Space,its small and very tuneable
Quality,even though Im not running them at the moment I have in the past and Im sure they are better than ever. If not we would know about it.
Randy Pike on the forum for your car, how can you beat that for set up questions.

Some may argue this but who cares about becs any more! Put a savox 1267hv in there. They are under a hundred bucks,all steel gears, you get a t shirt, and free shipping. run it right off the Lipo,tighten an alloy servo arm and saver down and the weak link becomes the ball cups which need to be upgraded anyway

Thanks, yea well Tekin is tempting, only thing is that i've heard people have problems with the BEC, seems to only be some and not all though.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hi ,I'm joining the group getting dex410r kit tomarow and making a list for amain ..I been reading up on what I need and can't find out if the shims for the diff are in the kit ? Or should order some ? Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are shims in the kit for the diffs. You may want to order some different weight diff oils.

Also some Tresrey bits couldn't hurt
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitrius
Thanks, yea well Tekin is tempting, only thing is that i've heard people have problems with the BEC, seems to only be some and not all though.
Read what i said again BEC is non longer an issue for one thing waht youi have been hearing is not really worth listen too. No offence intended but the track I race a t on a weekly basis probaby has more racers then all of Norway. Tekin is a great product and Im saying this as somone who doesnt even use the product, but I know a 100 people easy that do!
Who cares anyway about a BEC? Its only to power the RX, any real race rig uses a HV servo running straight off the lipo!

BTW Thanks fro the backup CULETTO ! I myself started with a 6.5, its so hard to convince people that Slow is fast! When I put the 10.5 in I pickedup over 1.5 a lap. How can anyone argue with that!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Konich
There are shims in the kit for the diffs. You may want to order some different weight diff oils.

Also some Tresrey bits couldn't hurt
Shameless plug it may be but ya cant argue with facts. The rear diff loop and wieght are a must have. However, just give us some old fashion lead! 30$ an ounce for brass/copper whatever it is, is ridiculous! most of us already play with enough nitro, who cares abouta little lead!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

How does the gens ace saddles work in this rig ? hight looks ok but will 25c work ok ? I'm not going for speed records

Last edited by bronc4now; 07-14-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Read what i said again BEC is non longer an issue for one thing waht youi have been hearing is not really worth listen too. No offence intended but the track I race a t on a weekly basis probaby has more racers then all of Norway. Tekin is a great product and Im saying this as somone who doesnt even use the product, but I know a 100 people easy that do!
Who cares anyway about a BEC? Its only to power the RX, any real race rig uses a HV servo running straight off the lipo!
Hmm, running the servo straight from the battery you say? How do you go about doing that? need some sort of extra cable from the battery and onto the servo then or?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Shameless plug it may be but ya cant argue with facts. The rear diff loop and wieght are a must have. However, just give us some old fashion lead! 30$ an ounce for brass/copper whatever it is, is ridiculous! most of us already play with enough nitro, who cares abouta little lead!
C'mon now a custom fabricated piece that fits like a work art! Its not cheap but it really helps the performance by getting the wieght in the optimum spot

We have a DNX408 so hopefully you'll see some Tresrey Nitro parts soon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.