Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I've never seen these and though they look interesting, but since both have almost identical specs, what exactly deems these better than Turnigy outside of stateside support?

The Hobbyking batteries are of excellent quality and the finish on all the ones I've seen is flawless and I have yet to hear of anyone encountering issues.
SMC packs are leaps and bounds better. They are better matched, can be charged at high c rates, and have way low resistance. I'd rather have 1 SMC pack over 3-4 Turnigy packs.

For a thread full of very happy customers......
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ry-thread.html
Old 09-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Double post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mlinder
I took advantage of the recent DEX410V3 sell off. I enjoyed the build, coming from a AE B44.2. The quality reminds me of my Kyosho RB6 2wd.

One concern. Regarding the front end, when I compress the suspension fully, the inner tie rod ball cup hits the Ackerman arm, thereby trying to push the Ackerman arm up. Have double/triple checked the manual and I am sure I built it correctly. The ball cup is installed properly, with the "relief" pointing up. I think this relief was to allow for full suspension throw, but it isn't working at full compression.

Anyone else with this issue? Thanks in advance for any replies/fixes, or corrections to my possible build mistake.

Mark

Hello Mark,

Yes, i had the same problem, and i'm sure, i built correct!
Then i bought the mashined ackerman, but still the same...
What i did, i just took a bit more off, from the flat point of the ballcups with an key file.
I hope you can understand, what i mean, iff not, i can take a pic, if you want?

Sorry for my bad english...
Old 09-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ImageX
SMC packs are leaps and bounds better. They are better matched, can be charged at high c rates, and have way low resistance. I'd rather have 1 SMC pack over 3-4 Turnigy packs.

For a thread full of very happy customers......
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ry-thread.html
As I understood it, with today's charger technology which offers balancing via communication to each cell independently, matching cells was no longer a crucial criteria for batteries because modern chargers will match the cells about as close as one can get it. Is this not correct?

When I took electrical engineering courses in high school, meters measured and monitored currents going through circuits in either direction and the results would remain consistently accurate until a component burned out. Then you'd either have a broken circuit or a fully open one with unregulated current(s) running through it in certain sections of or the entire circuit.

Please feel free to school me on this as I am always eager to learn more.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micholix
Hello Mark,

Yes, i had the same problem, and i'm sure, i built correct!
Then i bought the mashined ackerman, but still the same...
What i did, i just took a bit more off, from the flat point of the ballcups with an key file.
I hope you can understand, what i mean, iff not, i can take a pic, if you want?

Sorry for my bad english...
Thanks for your suggestion. No pic necessary! I may try slightly beveling the Ackerman plate in that area first, as I don't want to compromise the strength of the ball cup if possible. If that doesn't work, then filing the ball cup will be next.

Thanks again. Btw, tonight is the maiden run. Looking forward to thrashing this buggy around.

Mark
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Anyone have a phone # for support in the U.S ? My kit is missing a part.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As I understood it, with today's charger technology which offers balancing via communication to each cell independently, matching cells was no longer a crucial criteria for batteries because modern chargers will match the cells about as close as one can get it. Is this not correct?

When I took electrical engineering courses in high school, meters measured and monitored currents going through circuits in either direction and the results would remain consistently accurate until a component burned out. Then you'd either have a broken circuit or a fully open one with unregulated current(s) running through it in certain sections of or the entire circuit.

Please feel free to school me on this as I am always eager to learn more.

Thanks.
Yes, a balanced charger will correctly charge your pack even if the cells are not well matched, but the problem occurs during discharge. A pack that is very unmatched will have 1 cell drained before the other. This can cause the weaker cell to puff.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Anyone have a phone # for support in the U.S ? My kit is missing a part.
Call Hobbico (sorry I don't have the number) or email: [email protected].

I had a defective part, emailed them a photo and received a replacement in the mail within a few days.

Recommend emailing a copy of your recent receipt, etc, to make it easy for whomever is fielding your email. You'll get a faster response. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Buy yourself 2 Turnigy Saddles for a touch more than the cost of a single TrakPower battery. The punch factor in batteries stem from the C rating and very little more. There are very few actual LiPo manufacturers out there and most of the "High-End" packs that sell for ridiculous sums are the exact same units selling under different names for much less.

I currently run Venom 60c Shorties in both my T & B4.2's and TrakPower Dark Series in my 410 and while they are fantastic, there are units out there that are even better for much considerably less. Which I'd known that before I listened to people and spent so much on batteries.

I am in the market for another Saddle and a Shorty and after testing them for myself, these are the one's I'm getting:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ddle_Pack.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...APPROVED_.html

Just an excellent value.
I agree with this. I run Turnigy Nano-Techs and I've never had an issue. They are a great value, charge at a high C rate, and deliver great performance.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Call Hobbico (sorry I don't have the number) or email: [email protected].

I had a defective part, emailed them a photo and received a replacement in the mail within a few days.

Recommend emailing a copy of your recent receipt, etc, to make it easy for whomever is fielding your email. You'll get a faster response. Good luck.
Thanks. I googled the number and I'm pretty sure the one I found isn't getting me anywhere... I left a VM for a guy named "Jeff", that's all the recorded greeting said- nothing about customer support.

I'm pretty sure Hobbico will take care of me, they have a decent rep.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rifleman223
I have the Turnigy 5100 packs and compared to the Protek's below the difference is staggering on a 6.5.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ry-74V-5500mAh
Just ordered another set of Turnigy Nano Techs 4850mah Roar approved saddles, $35 shipped. If you're interested in these be sure to order from the USA warehouse.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by -DOZER-
Just ordered another set of Turnigy Nano Techs 4850mah Roar approved saddles, $35 shipped. If you're interested in these be sure to order from the USA warehouse.
Why didn't you get the 5100's instead? They are 65-135C. The 4850's are only 50-100.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -DOZER-
I got one of these packs about a month ago and it is an awesome pack. Seems to have a little more punch than my nano-tech 30-60c 5000 saddles.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Why didn't you get the 5100's instead? They are 65-135C. The 4850's are only 50-100.
Just an FYI, there is no battery that actually puts out 100c. The highest I believe thus far that's been verified, is in the 80's. but yeah, would've been better to go with the 5100's.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

My guess is he got that one because its roar approved. I recently picked up the 5100's and they seem awesome so far. I have been using Turnigys for a while now with no issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.