Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
  #14536  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
If I ever muster up $160 for a chassis I will deff have to check it out. If only I could figure out how to get a front kickup out of a sheet of 4mm carbon I would make my own. As well with the shock towers. A sheet isn't too expensive and I'll make my own holes. As well as at that point throw in a center diff lol
I should also add that when it cracked, it was no fault of the chassis. The wrong screws got put into the holes where the top brace meets the front bulkhead and didn't actually tighten it up. So it just flexed back and forth for a bit and cracked.
Jonny5 is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM
  #14537  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (50)
 
Mundy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

I have a carbon chassis and AL side pods setting in my box but I have never run them. I picked it up lightly used. It is one of the red ones from Tresrey.

It has so much flex I cannot talk myself in to try it. my car is excellent the way it sits and I hate to change it.
Mundy1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:17 PM
  #14538  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mundy1
I have a carbon chassis and AL side pods setting in my box but I have never run them. I picked it up lightly used. It is one of the red ones from Tresrey.

It has so much flex I cannot talk myself in to try it. my car is excellent the way it sits and I hate to change it.
Wish I had a pit box full of expensive goodies lol
socal23 is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:00 PM
  #14539  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
Basically the same idea as running 1/8 shocks on a scte lol. I am mildy curious about this as I have a spare scte lol. Can you take some picks? What parts did you use to mount them?
I'll take pic of it tonight. I just used the same screws for the bottom of the shocks. The caps I just used shims to make it fit over the cap, #55 pistons, and stadium truck springs.
TLRrunner is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:04 PM
  #14540  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
I'll take pic of it tonight. I just used the same screws for the bottom of the shocks. The caps I just used shims to make it fit over the cap, #55 pistons, and stadium truck springs.
I have the mip bypass kit and the springs are shorter then the stock ones so it should be good.
socal23 is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 05:22 PM
  #14541  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,067
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
If I ever muster up $160 for a chassis I will deff have to check it out. If only I could figure out how to get a front kickup out of a sheet of 4mm carbon I would make my own. As well with the shock towers. A sheet isn't too expensive and I'll make my own holes. As well as at that point throw in a center diff lol
The only way to get an angle onto a CF sheet is to cure it that way in the autoclave. This way the actual fiber sheets are in that position and the resin soaks through so it cures with the angle. Once CF is cured you cannot alter its shape.
the incubus is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 PM
  #14542  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
I have the mip bypass kit and the springs are shorter then the stock ones so it should be good.
Here are those pictures of my 410 with the SCTE shocks.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20131127_213748%5B1%5D.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20131127_213802%5B1%5D.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20131127_213819%5B1%5D.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20131127_213904%5B1%5D.jpg  
TLRrunner is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 PM
  #14543  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
aray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BillyT.
The front Losi springs are a little short though. They are working, but he has the preload all the way down. If you can find a rear losi spring in the 1.8 range, put those on front. Or, the TD springs will prolly fit the losi shocks... will test that out and let yo know...
Keep us posted on now it goes and what setups work....I'm definitely doing this!
aray is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 08:31 AM
  #14544  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
Here are those pictures of my 410 with the SCTE shocks.

Looks good. I don't think you would really even notice them being different. What are the scte shocks 13mm? Just different longer strokes I would assume.
socal23 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 10:22 AM
  #14545  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by socal23
Looks good. I don't think you would really even notice them being different. What are the scte shocks 13mm? Just different longer strokes I would assume.
I'm not sure exactly but they are definitely larger in diameter and length equaling more volume and stroke. So I can run lighter oil and still have plenty of dampening without any issue.
TLRrunner is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:26 PM
  #14546  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Cptn Cartwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Durango bb shocks are 12.5 mm, unless the desc are larger than the dex. Scte are 12mm. Haven't opened up my dex410 shocks yet.
Cptn Cartwheel is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 02:57 PM
  #14547  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
BillyT.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,912
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Pretty sure SCTE are 13mm... And all the 1/10 TD cars/Trucks are the same bore.
BillyT. is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 03:09 PM
  #14548  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (112)
 
socal23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Jonesboro,AR
Posts: 2,186
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Pretty sure SCTE are 13mm... And all the 1/10 TD cars/Trucks are the same bore.
Scte are 12mm. Tekno 410 is 14mm
socal23 is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 03:14 PM
  #14549  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

here are a couple of shots of the Durango shocks compared to the SCTE shocks.
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20131128_170720%5B1%5D.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-20131128_170914%5B1%5D.jpg  
TLRrunner is offline  
Old 11-28-2013, 04:01 PM
  #14550  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Cptn Cartwheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Tekno are 16mm.
The scte shocks sure look bigger from the outside, but the only thing that matters is the inside bore diameter.
Cptn Cartwheel is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.