Search
Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thefan
I noticed something strange with the V4 build, no diff gaskets, do they seriously not leak without a gasket? I've built many rc cars over the years and all of them had gaskets to seal the diffs apart from the ball diffs of course.
None of their 1/10 scale diffs use gaskets. They wont leak.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I noticed the lack of gaskets and wondered myself. Now that I have had my car for a year or so I haven't had any trouble with leakage. They do have aftermarket gaskets, but again I don't notice any leakage without them. It would be nice to see a deeper tongue and groove on the gear though.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Just ordered a new HW Xerun 3.1 for my DEX410! Along with the HW Xerun 6.5T motor! Should be balls!

Also picked up a set of Dirt Webs (finally, still a bit hard to get) - Who is running the larger tires like VTR or maybe EVO? I've run EVO (Typos) and they are pretty good. I think the smaller wheel is a little more forgiving and better in the bumps and on bigger jumps.

I grabbed a set of the HPI front shock protectors too. Thanks Dino!

I'm also planning to do a little customization to mount my SMC shorty pack down the center in the back. I have some ideas on how to make a strap as I will need to cut the center slipper mount to allow for the 96mm length of the SMC pack. I already have two of these packs and I'd rather not invest in another shorty pack just for the DEX410 yet. My plan is to use two of the chassis stay posts on either side of the shorty pack and then use CF battery strap across. I'll post pics when I'm done. Parts should be here on Wednesday from Amain!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

happy happy man my cars a done now I just need a battery and test dive on the track now its way to fast with a 6 .5
Old 10-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

PS, I finally have the new Center Ujoints so I can run my dual slipper without worry of popping drive shafts with my older 68mm rear mid CVD. Dual slipper is MO Betta!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

I've run the Speed Passion 5.5T on the DEX410 and it was way too fast. I also ran the 6.5 from Speed Passion and it was just about right. I ran it with NO boost or timing. Everything stays really cool and I had power to spare.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I've run the Speed Passion 5.5T on the DEX410 and it was way too fast. I also ran the 6.5 from Speed Passion and it was just about right. I ran it with NO boost or timing. Everything stays really cool and I had power to spare.
I ran a 7.5 speed passion and a 7.0 reedy, still had plenty of power and speed for my local, small tracks. Also, the 7.0T was geared as low as possible due to how far the motor could move and my spur gear.

I'd tell you my spur gear size but I just sold the thing...
Old 10-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

sad to hear you don't have your DEX410! maybe you will get a V5
Old 10-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

sad to hear you don't have your DEX410! maybe you will get a V5
If others start getting them running again, sure! Haha
Old 10-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Just ordered a new HW Xerun 3.1 for my DEX410! Along with the HW Xerun 6.5T motor! Should be balls!

Also picked up a set of Dirt Webs (finally, still a bit hard to get) - Who is running the larger tires like VTR or maybe EVO? I've run EVO (Typos) and they are pretty good. I think the smaller wheel is a little more forgiving and better in the bumps and on bigger jumps.

I'm also planning to do a little customization to mount my SMC shorty pack down the center in the back. I have some ideas on how to make a strap as I will need to cut the center slipper mount to allow for the 96mm length of the SMC pack. I already have two of these packs and I'd rather not invest in another shorty pack just for the DEX410 yet. My plan is to use two of the chassis stay posts on either side of the shorty pack and then use CF battery strap across. I'll post pics when I'm done. Parts should be here on Wednesday from Amain!
Just installed a V3.1 in my 410. Quite a tight fit with the Airtronics receiver. Had to stand up the receiver. Worth it though! And the V10 motors are just sweet looking.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Isn't the r10 and the hobbywing v3.1 the same size? I'm having a terrible time trying to fiqure out how to get my r10 in the car with the external capicitor and my spektrum 3520 rx. I looked on petitrc at some pics but I can't get it right to my liking. Care to post a pic of how you put the hobbywing in?
Old 10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

haha this is a little bit of a tangent but I got a mamba max pro to fit in this thing!

The ESC was slid partially up under the driveshaft, up over the mud guard, against the servo horn, with just enough room for the sensor cable to fit between the motor and ESC. Then my Futaba R204GF-E rx barley fit between the battery, ESC, underneath my spur gear and on top of the mud guard again. I didn't have a voltage protector though...

EDIT: found a picture:

Last edited by rc_dude; 10-13-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yep big thanks to Dino on the HPI shock protectors will try them out this weekend.

I had to modify my centre spur brace to get the shorty's to fit (run Nanotech 4200mah)

Old 10-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Heres mine, still need to tidy up the wiring. And might move the transponder off the servo to the area next to the esc.

Is there a smaller receiver that will work with the airtronics MT-4?
Attached Thumbnails Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-001.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-002.jpg   Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread-003.jpg  
Old 10-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

The larger diameter rims offer better feel (less sidewall flex) on high bite tracks giving you better response. But on bumpy tracks a lower sidewall could be a little edgy.

If you use the conversion kit with the AKA evo adapters on standard rims it with EVO or VTR tires actually makes the whole tire slightly heavier due to the extra rubber rings you need to glue. The extra weight makes the tire less edgy and a bit more forgiving on bumpy tracks. Also if the track is low bite, the heavier tire gets you more traction and slows down your acceleration a bit to make it easier to drive. I tend to do this EVO conversion on some of my standard wheels with EVO or VTR tires to gain the added grip and traction. Electrons VTR or EVO Typos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.