Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread >

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Like Tree22Likes

Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I thought I'd share something... interesting... I'm working on. I plan on making this on the CNC router I'm currently building. I thought I'd give 3d modeling a go while I wait for the CNC parts to show up. Enjoy

Is that a spur gear?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aussie RC
Why?
When it is finished, you will understand why.

Right now it's just in the early stages of development. It's not even a complete design yet. Just a teaser
Old 07-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Its just cvd chatter by the sounds of it, every brand car ive ever owned does it, unloaded wheels or dry joints do it worse, but even doing everything perfect it will still do it at full lock on the inside wheel.
To see if yours if excessively worse than mine or other peoples chatter , then upload a video of doing it unloaded and car in your hand etc. maybe just go half throttle tho
I don't think that's the case here. He's saying the car is vibrating considerable when doing this which is not consistent with regular ole chatter. Something is amiss on his car. The bearings in my trannys are all centered and fully seated and all moves freely with the exception of the weight of the diff oils.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Looks to me like someone is finally going to do an Associated Slipper setup for the 410.

Am I close? LOL
Old 07-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
I don't think that's the case here. He's saying the car is vibrating considerable when doing this which is not consistent with regular ole chatter. Something is amiss on his car. The bearings in my trannys are all centered and fully seated and all moves freely with the exception of the weight of the diff oils.
+1, there should NOT be shifting of the diff case(s) within the bulkheads either.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

If it was minor I could live with it. But when it can physically stop the forward motion of the car at low speeds it is unacceptable. The main track I run on has 2 low speed s turns, and this thing is grinding to a halt in that section. Something is definitely wrong as it is the only car at the track to do this. XRays don't do it, B44s don't do it, ZX5s don't do it. And the fact that Durango has not responded to multiple emails is getting to be very disconcerting.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

I wouldn't rely on E-mail for an answer from anyone. You should call up Great Planes immediately and discuss this with someone there over the phone. Their customer service has treated me right on the 3 occasions I called them up. Bought a set of 21░ blocks and the set screw threads were gapingly large and one stripped immediately and the other was so weak the screw fell out the first time on track. They promptly sent me a new set. A few months afterwards I had a 3 week run where the front arms were snapping like twigs and went through 9 of them and I called them up to explain and sent pictures at their request and they shipped me out 6 new arms and hinge pins, as well as a new CF shock tower which was slightly fractured the last time an arm broke.

As for the front arms, stick with the Type B and they will not snap like the Type A variety because the B arms use a capture screw instead of the grub screw so there's no sprung tension waiting for any little ding to cause the arm to snap.

Just call them up and explain the issue and go from there.

217-398-3630
Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

+1 on calling them. I had an issue with my v3 kit when I put it together. I sent an e-mail to them for help. Didn't hear back by the next day, so I called them up. The guy on the phone sent me replacement parts right away, no question. A week later I got an e-mail response to the first e-mail I sent asking for proof of purchase before they would help.

Just call them.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, they tried pulling that proof of purchase on the car itself and I told them that made no sense whatsoever because I have the product and I actually paid for it as well as the stockpile of parts and didn't appreciate having to dig through a stack of receipts to find the one for a car I bought a couple of years before. I did have a bunch of parts receipts handy so I sent them those just out of courtesy and they took care of the issue with their products, as you would expect.

As for your "rendering", Nick… was I close?
Old 07-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the incubus
As for your "rendering", Nicků was I close?
I should have something to show in maybe a month... until then... patience
Old 07-15-2014, 04:40 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
If it was minor I could live with it. But when it can physically stop the forward motion of the car at low speeds it is unacceptable. The main track I run on has 2 low speed s turns, and this thing is grinding to a halt in that section. Something is definitely wrong as it is the only car at the track to do this. XRays don't do it, B44s don't do it, ZX5s don't do it. And the fact that Durango has not responded to multiple emails is getting to be very disconcerting.
How free is the drive train? Sounds like you might have the diffs shimmed too tight if it's got that much drag. http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=2584
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ekt
How free is the drive train? Sounds like you might have the diffs shimmed too tight if it's got that much drag. http://www.team-durango.com/in-the-p...rticle_id=2584
I am beginning to suspect that as well. Built the front diff per the manual, and the chattering seems to have moved towards the rear. Will rebuild the diffs later. I did also notice the left front drive shaft is bent. Didn't notice it when building it. Might have happened when I was running it on carpet.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Update

Rebuilt rear diff, shimming only took 2 .01 mm on each side to stop side to side movement. Problem now is the at low speeds and even slightly turning the whole car is shaking. Will have a video posted on YouTube later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

There is no binding anywhere when we run the cars in a straight line. It is only when turning that it goes apeshit in the front end. Bearings seem perfectly fine. Have rebuilt them making double sure that the set screw is in the recess in the pin and it is. I don't know what else to try.
I had that problem, i took the shafts out, replaced the drive pins, then i filled the cvd part with bearing oil and left them on some blue roll over night and let the oil soak out, then the next race meeting it was much quieter it still does it slightly but nothing to worry about, the type b drive shafts that come with the v4 seem to be much better but i look after them more after having the chatter on my v3, i also run a 2mm limiter in the front shocks
Old 07-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

I haven't read all your posts regarding your trouble but we should get together so I can look at the car. I'm planning a track day soon. LRH or OCRC. I'll have my ride with me for compare. I've been running it for a while and it's in good shape. V3 version. Don't have the V4 drive shafts yet. PM and we can work out a day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.