Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by adrictan
It's true. You can always call the guys to ask for an RA#. Tekin as per most major manufacturers are busy with orders as well as repairs if any. So asking for a few days for a reply is not asking too much.
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Posting on here will not get you an RA# any quicker. If you're looking for a faster response you can always call us.
The website states to e-mail, that's what I did. If calling in gets a quicker response, then a statement about that on the website could be put to good
use.

I'm sorry, but I work a lot and am usually too busy to call during your business
hours so using the e-mail thing actually works better for me. The fact that it
takes 2-3 days just to get a return authorization number via e-mail though, I
felt was unacceptable. That's all.

I have been a huge local supporter of Tekin products and while most in my
area are running from Tekin products, I push their use. Having TWO esc's
go down in less than one day, and it being a week before the regional annual
points race series has its first race of the year, can tend to kinda tick a guy off, no? I spent $600 on esc's and motors. Thats a drop in the bucket to some but I don't have the extra cash to continually through money at esc's.
8th buggy using leading technology? Yes. As far as I see it though, I'm sick of being scared to drive this 8th scale with all of the money sunk into because the esc might die. That, sucks, period. Sorry for stating my opinion. My RX8's will be on their way to Tekin, first thing Monday morning.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krio
Going up on the cell count reduces the mah/min rate even if you don't swap to a smaller kv motor. You get the most effective drop in mah/min if you swap both the motor and cell count accordingly.
however going up in cell count also reduces the "LOAD" on the ESC preserving it's further life. hints why I use a 6S Life which is the same power as a 5S Lipo
just with an extra cell, also is a little bit lighter than the 5S Lipo.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Thanks, I try to do what I can.

Everyone here at Tekin is dedicated to being the best we can. Our teams dedication is second to none. It's being apart of a team such as this that makes the work so worth it.
I am incredibly frustrated with my system and I may give up on it for now. I do however believe that quote above and know that Tekin will get this figured out. The stress on these systems is tremendous and I know they will be occasional failures.

There is nothing smoother than the tekin system, but I don't know of that is as important to me at the moment.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz
The website states to e-mail, that's what I did. If calling in gets a quicker response, then a statement about that on the website could be put to good
use.

I'm sorry, but I work a lot and am usually too busy to call during your business

points race series has its first race of the year, can tend to kinda tick a guy off, no? I spent $600 on esc's and motors. Thats a drop in the bucket to some but I don't have the extra cash to continually through money at esc's.
8th buggy using leading technology? Yes. As far as I see it though, I'm sick of being scared to drive this 8th scale with all of the money sunk into because the esc might die. That, sucks, period. Sorry for stating my opinion. My RX8's will be on their way to Tekin, first thing Monday morning.
2-3 day is unacceptable? Wow, how many people do think work there? I understand the frustration but this is still new territory for rc, good luck.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Seems to be quite a few failure's still..... I was planning on getting a RX8 but now I just may wait. What has been the turn around for getting these back? How much does it cost to send them back to Tekin? Guess that depends on which service you use.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Seems to be quite a few failure's still..... I was planning on getting a RX8 but now I just may wait. What has been the turn around for getting these back? How much does it cost to send them back to Tekin? Guess that depends on which service you use.

as for the system being fixed not sure maybe maybe not only time will tell

turn around time is usually very good seems like they get it shipped within 1-2 days from receiving about 1 3/4 -2 weeks round trip

as of now they have been doing repairs at no cost if they are out of the warranty you just pay to ship it to them and they pay the return shipping

overall there customer service is great if the bugs get or are worked out then i can say its the system to get and the company to deal with
Old 05-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

use.

ive had them all except lrp 6 month turn around for them on 1/10 scale speedo....i know it sucks but the tekin system is by far the best ive driven sooo smooth i sent mine in friday nick....be patient ive been runnig them since last year they are way better now.....just my 2 cents..good job tekin keep up the good work.....everything breaks i dont care who makes them its the natureof the beasts :e ek:
Old 05-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Team Tekin

use.

I'm not really sure what to say about this...Sorry for being busy? Seriously, I do the best I can at answering e-mails as quickly as possible, plus taking care of the service department and other various jobs I get. E-mail most other companies and you'll get the same varied response time, I can only do so much in a day.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
I'm not really sure what to say about this...Sorry for being busy? Seriously, I do the best I can at answering e-mails as quickly as possible, plus taking care of the service department and other various jobs I get. E-mail most other companies and you'll get the same varied response time, I can only do so much in a day.
not everybody expects you to drop what you are doing, bring all business to halt and get to his requests..oh wait...maybe he does.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by bohdi
not everybody expects you to drop what you are doing, bring all business to halt and get to his requests..oh wait...maybe he does.
I do what I can, which is more than 8hrs a day most of the time and that goes for everyone else here. I just think people's expectations on time is a little skewed these days. I wish I could answer all the e-mails and phone calls same day.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Welp, i blew my motor out. It was a Truggy 1700. the rotor is spinning freely. At least I know the bearings are good. Lol... The shaft spins like a minute straight! Geez... And I haven't raced in months...
Old 05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
ty you do a great job your only 1 person ........ive always got my stuff back in a reasonable time......oh and a big thanks for you ty and team tekin
Old 05-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TY busts his ass all day long. The amount of "service" or "tech" questions via email can be obsurd at times. Anything from a service request for an RA# to what pinion gear to run on my %^&))W car, yes no motor listed, no battery used info,etc etc.

Each email can take a few minutes, some only a few seconds to read. Either way though they all get answered.

Ty also is one of our major testers at Tekin. SO there are times where he's on the track for hours at a time.

There are times where even the phone system is overloaded with calls. Each day is different.

Bottom line is that we're here to help as best we can. Giving out an honest answer may not be to your liking, but at least it was honest.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Are there any real advantages of getting the Tekin esc over the Monster Mamba? The Tekin is a fair bit more expensive, and by the sounds of it all the kinks havent quite been worked out, whereas most of them have in the Monster. Correct me if i'm wrong?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tekin support has always taken care of my issues right away.
EVEN ON SUNDAY!!!

It doesn't get any better than this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.