Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Team Tekin

Yes John has had a number of failures and we understand his frustration. I just became aware of it recently and have been working with him personally for a little over a week. In that time he has gone from my buddy that was going to help other customers and have spares with him to an ALL CAPS F-U EMAIL and calling me a liar, complete with a wish to come tell me this in person.

I do see a few emails from him that I have not responded to yet. The oldest one is about 24hrs ago it appears. Sometimes I get a day or 2 behind due to the hundreds of emails I receive. I guess he just could not wait and had to let’er go. At least this is a more civil version for the public pleasure.

FYI our records show 2 repairs on 9/10 and 11/25. Not sure where the other 3 came from unless they came in under another name.

I could counter all of his points with a different view, but who is really interested in the drama. I tried and we did stumble a little, but I am not obligated to take this much crap from anyone. It’s a free countryand he has made his choice to cut ties with us. He chose this path instead of support and goodies to make up for his troubles because of a few days shipping delay.

The offer stands to repair the unit. That is what you are entitled to even considering your aggressive behavior. The Hotwire and Rx8 unit are worth most of what you paid if you choose to recover your money instead of throw it away and let your emotions get ahead of your common sense.

Tekin Prez
Old 03-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Yes John has had a number of failures and we understand his frustration. I just became aware of it recently and have been working with him personally for a little over a week. In that time he has gone from my buddy that was going to help other customers and have spares with him to an ALL CAPS F-U EMAIL and calling me a liar, complete with a wish to come tell me this in person.

I do see a few emails from him that I have not responded to yet. The oldest one is about 24hrs ago it appears. Sometimes I get a day or 2 behind due to the hundreds of emails I receive. I guess he just could not wait and had to let’er go. At least this is a more civil version for the public pleasure.

FYI our records show 2 repairs on 9/10 and 11/25. Not sure where the other 3 came from unless they came in under another name.

I could counter all of his points with a different view, but who is really interested in the drama. I tried and we did stumble a little, but I am not obligated to take this much crap from anyone. It’s a free country, you have made your choice to cut ties with us. You chose this path instead of support and goodies to make up for your troubles because of a few days shipping delay.

The offer stands to repair the unit. That is what you are entitled to even considering your aggressive behavior. The Hotwire and Rx8 unit are worth most of what you paid if you choose to recover your money instead of throw it away and let your emotions get ahead of your common sense.

Tekin Prez
you can send it to me for a spare ill take it if hes tossing it
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am looking for a used hotwire, anyone?
Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

JIM
you told me monday am you would have it to me by the weekend so i could race.then on friday pm i called and spoke with you and told me "you" checked on my order and it was "definitely shipped". then i never receive it. and then the following monday after i was supposed to receive you tell me "i will send it tomorrow" then the next day tuesday you say "i will ship it tomorrow" then the next day you say "i will ship it tomorrow" hello mcfly ship it already! i don't know if really was a lie but you did say "definitely shipped" and you did tell me three times you will send the boards tomorrow so what ever you call it i don't know but as far as i know it still has not been shipped because in my last message you, you never responded to me saying "still to this day as far as i know the boards have never been shipped to me or my local track" i can only assume they have not or you would have corrected me in this message.

JIM i am done waiting i have been waiting 5 months for this rx8 to be fixed correctly

JIM
as i told you on the phone i was in the middle of moving when i sent it in before (i was kinda between address's at the time)so i used a different name and address to make sure the unit was sent to the correct address so i would get it as fast as possible and to make sure the post office didn't screw it up. so yes this will be the 5th time it has broke and you told me not to send it in because you were going to send me another board so it would be only 2 more times you are missing not 3

I could counter all of his points with a different view, but who is really interested in the drama. I tried and we did stumble a little, but I am not obligated to take this much crap from anyone. It’s a free countryand he has made his choice to cut ties with us. He chose this path instead of support and goodies to make up for his troubles because of a few days shipping delay.

JIM
i asked you in my emails several times if i could send it back to you and get a refund, witch after 5 failures in 5 months i don't think thats totally unreasonable and you totally ignored the question so i guess your answer is no. so jim if you bought a new ipod or any other electronics for that matter and it broke 5 times in 5 months even when they replaced it with another unit it still broke would you take it back and demand a refund from the store manager i think yes. who wouldn't?

this is b.s. and i know you guys at tekin are trying to correct any problems that the rx8 has and eventually you will get them worked out (i hope) and if people want to stand by and wait for that good for them thats their choice, but if others like me don't have the extra money to buy several extra esc's or even if they just don't want to wait 5 + months for you to get these issues worked and are sick of having to send it back every few weeks. i think that under extreme cases (like after after 5 times) they should be able to get their money back because obviously the rx8 has a manufacturing defect aka: "bad solder joints" im sure that you are working to correct but you have not been able to do so just yet.its funny how this industry (not just tekin) seems to think its ok to put an Un-tested product for sale and let the consumer do all the testing for them to find all its short comings and defects. then make version after version until they finally get it right the whole time all at the consumers expense. and by expense i mean money but also the consumers time and patients.

Tekin Prez
Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

He chose this path instead of support and goodies to make up for his troubles because of a few days shipping delay.

Tekin Prez
I just bought my third RX8, an RS 17.5 combo and an RS Pro 6.5 combo...Tekin is all I run....can I get some goodies?

Last edited by bohdi; 03-06-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rqndy had been doing vigorious testing prior to the launch of the RX8 bt there'll always been some things tht could be done better which I can see, Tekin's working the kinks out. The interest of 1/8 electric systems has shot up during this time and everyone is barely able to keep up with demand but comparing to the initial phrases of product launch till recently, you can read hardly anything regarding failures. I've been busy equipping my cars with Tekin and I have Sherri to thank for entertaining my numerous emails. So a word of thanks to Tekin in Naval terms, Bravo Zulu!
Hope things work out with you regarding yr ESC.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default getting some cogging

I searched this thread, and I couldn't find the answer to my question. Hopefully someone can help. I am running an RX8 and Novak HV 4.5 and 6.5 sometimes on 2s and sometimes on 3s on my 4x4 SC truck. This past weekend I was running the HV 4.5 on 2s (Reedy 35C 5000) and getting some serious cogging when I would go from zero to full throttle at the start. I am running 0 punch control, 15 for timing, linear throttle profile.

I normally run 3s on this truck, but this race required 2s. When I ran 3s, everything was perfect, and I really love the smoothness and control of this esc. When I ran 2s I would cog at the start, everyone would fly by me, then when I got rolling, everything would run smoothly. Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
I searched this thread, and I couldn't find the answer to my question. Hopefully someone can help. I am running an RX8 and Novak HV 4.5 and 6.5 sometimes on 2s and sometimes on 3s on my 4x4 SC truck. This past weekend I was running the HV 4.5 on 2s (Reedy 35C 5000) and getting some serious cogging when I would go from zero to full throttle at the start. I am running 0 punch control, 15 for timing, linear throttle profile.

I normally run 3s on this truck, but this race required 2s. When I ran 3s, everything was perfect, and I really love the smoothness and control of this esc. When I ran 2s I would cog at the start, everyone would fly by me, then when I got rolling, everything would run smoothly. Any suggestions?
Check the sensor wire. If you unplug it it should run in sensorless mode and start smoothly if it's a problem with the sensor wire or motor sensors.

It's possible that your battery just isn't up to the load as well. If when you hit the throttle hard from a dead stop the battery voltage drops alot under the load it can cause problems.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. I've tried sensorless motors on the RX8 and had similar issues (2650 castle motor). But when I used a 10th scale sensored motor, everything worked fine. So it made me question the batteries I'm using and if they can handle the load. I will experiment with different batteries and see what happens. I agree, the 2s 5000 mah 35c batteries whould be able to handle to current draw, but the voltage drop may be too significant.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Check for the sensor wire or run it sensorless like Jhautz said.

I've done worst before. I ran 2s2p A123 w/4000kv Hacker motor in a Ofna GTP with success. Zero cogging with that load and lesser voltage.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

any ideas guys?
1 race old RX8 LED goes back and fort between the center LED and the 1st LED?
but no power unless I push down on the top really hard, I think the boards have came apart again.

Last edited by anotherrcguy; 03-07-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That is a normal function and is the onboard temp indication.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

what ? did i hear that y'all are giving out free t-shirts ??!!
a large for me and prolly a small for my wife please.
thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

i have had another failure today with a unit that i just got back from being repaired on monday after waiting a month for it to be fixed This time the failure costed me 1st in a race that would secure a points series win and 175$ pot. i now have 2 tekins that are sitting in a box that need to be sent in and repaired when i have a non refundable room booked for a race that is the last weekend of march and no time to wait the month to have them repaired. needless to say after these are repaired Im pretty sure I am done with the tekin rx8 esc's.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
i have had another failure today with a unit that i just got back from being repaired on monday after waiting a month for it to be fixed This time the failure costed me 1st in a race that would secure a points series win and 175$ pot. i now have 2 tekins that are sitting in a box that need to be sent in and repaired when i have a non refundable room booked for a race that is the last weekend of march and no time to wait the month to have them repaired. needless to say after these are repaired Im pretty sure I am done with the tekin rx8 esc's.
Same for me ... my 2 nd RX8 failed yesterday, no power on, nothing happen and it doesent burn ...

I cant do my national race today ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.