Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pristine example of how to make a fool of oneself by coming up with something that looks like a universal truth... then finding it really isn't

I guess that's an unavoidable part of the internet in 2012

thanks all for the insight.

Paul
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The truggy motor can fit in some cars. The AE, Losi, Mugen, Kyosho and other cars where the motor is towards the rear of the car allow for the longer can length.

The HB Ve8, Team Durango, and other cars where the motor is towards the front do NOT allow for the added length due to hitting the steering components.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sometimes you want to take your key strokes back... like the E-Trade baby wanted

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hahaha, whoops!

Cake on my face for sure :guilty:
Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I am planning on running a HV radio system with my RX8, I know that I will need to disconnect the red wire from the ESC. However, I am trying to keep the wire clutter to a minimum and was wondering if I will be able to use the hotwire without that red wire by turning the ESC on so that it can power itself, or is it just better to use an extension with the red wire cut?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by russello
I am planning on running a HV radio system with my RX8, I know that I will need to disconnect the red wire from the ESC. However, I am trying to keep the wire clutter to a minimum and was wondering if I will be able to use the hotwire without that red wire by turning the ESC on so that it can power itself, or is it just better to use an extension with the red wire cut?
You need all three wires for the hotwire, so a jumper with the red lead cut is the best option.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My old laptop died so I had to move my Hotwire software to my desk top. This sucks so far, so I am hoping for some help.

I have tried installing from both the down load link and the .zip file. The first install from the direct download and was the first instance of this software on this PC. The PC is six months old and running 64-bit Windows 7. I can get no further than the flash animation giving me the first and second steps.
I then went the .zip file route using the checklist from here, including the YouTube step:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/hel...checklist.html

No matter how many times I did this step I still could never get past the same bottle neck and I never got the two desktop icons as well. One for 64-bit and one for 32-bit.

The ESC works great as usual, I have manually setup most of it, but would really like the Hotwire to work again. I have tried four different USB ports, I have check to make sure they are being found in the device manager. I have verified I am using the latest .NET framework 3.5.1. I have tried to launch the software from SafeBoot as suggested on the Tekin Hotwire Forums.

I get the green flashing LED on the Hotwire and one red non-flashing LED on the ESC. I read some places that the servo plug may not be plugged in all the way and broke the tab off the plug trying to jam it in further. Here is a pic.

I have spent several hours on my PC now searching the web and trying to get this to work. I am about to pull my hair and all my Tekin gear out!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Cool cheap gas

Originally Posted by Acill
Point well received!
i would if the price of gas ever hits 5 bucks a gallon even if i could afford the car and insurance ....
Old 06-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

I will try to stay calm despite the fact that after 3.5 months I got my Tekin combo back from warranty service and it's acting the same way it had been when I sent it. They replaced the ESC but not the motor which IMO is the problem.

So I'll post the same old videos I posted a while back hoping that possibly one of you experienced similar problem...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3-3GHL7jA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXyosLZ2X0
As you can see the pinion sort of vibreates at low speeds. When I accelerate the problem diminishes and no abnormal behaviour is visible.

These are videos I had taken before I sent the combo for warranty replacement. The 'new' combo acts in exact same way.

Tomorrow I'm going to try new sensor board, Spectrum DX3R Radio (mine is Airtronics MX3fhss), setting higher neutral width on the Hotwire.

Do you have any ideas what could be the reason?
I would really appreciate your advice...
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat
I will try to stay calm despite the fact that after 3.5 months I got my Tekin combo back from warranty service and it's acting the same way it had been when I sent it. They replaced the ESC but not the motor which IMO is the problem.

So I'll post the same old videos I posted a while back hoping that possibly one of you experienced similar problem...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3-3GHL7jA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXyosLZ2X0
As you can see the pinion sort of vibreates at low speeds. When I accelerate the problem diminishes and no abnormal behaviour is visible.

These are videos I had taken before I sent the combo for warranty replacement. The 'new' combo acts in exact same way.

Tomorrow I'm going to try new sensor board, Spectrum DX3R Radio (mine is Airtronics MX3fhss), setting higher neutral width on the Hotwire.

Do you have any ideas what could be the reason?
I would really appreciate your advice...
Bad sensor wire? Have you tried a different one?
Old 06-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmjomaha
My old laptop died so I had to move my Hotwire software to my desk top. This sucks so far, so I am hoping for some help.

I have tried installing from both the down load link and the .zip file. The first install from the direct download and was the first instance of this software on this PC. The PC is six months old and running 64-bit Windows 7. I can get no further than the flash animation giving me the first and second steps.
I then went the .zip file route using the checklist from here, including the YouTube step:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/hel...checklist.html

No matter how many times I did this step I still could never get past the same bottle neck and I never got the two desktop icons as well. One for 64-bit and one for 32-bit.

The ESC works great as usual, I have manually setup most of it, but would really like the Hotwire to work again. I have tried four different USB ports, I have check to make sure they are being found in the device manager. I have verified I am using the latest .NET framework 3.5.1. I have tried to launch the software from SafeBoot as suggested on the Tekin Hotwire Forums.

I get the green flashing LED on the Hotwire and one red non-flashing LED on the ESC. I read some places that the servo plug may not be plugged in all the way and broke the tab off the plug trying to jam it in further. Here is a pic.

I have spent several hours on my PC now searching the web and trying to get this to work. I am about to pull my hair and all my Tekin gear out!!!
Ok, got the software working on my sons older laptop. I think I got the latest version downloaded and I can update the ESC now. How can I tell which version firmware is actually loaded on the ESC and which software version of the Hotwire application I am running?

Guess I will never get it running on my new PC.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

any way to get more power for my servo without a bec? CC bec died on me this weekend and took out $300 worth of electronics with it...im hoping I can find a way to get decent steering without the risk of running a BEC. hooked it all up without the bec and forgot how underpowered it is..these aren't high voltage servos either.
wish the BEC was adjustable in the rx8
Old 06-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jake C6R
Bad sensor wire? Have you tried a different one?
Yes, that's the first thing I tried. I also tried unplugging the servo (savox) without success.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donat
Yes, that's the first thing I tried. I also tried unplugging the servo (savox) without success.
In your airtronics radio... is it capable of high sensitivity for channels 1 and 2 (meant for digital servos)?

I ask because i just upgraded to an FHSS4 setup from FHSS2 and setting the throttle channel for ultra response gave me ESC setup issues. Switching to FHSS2, or turning off the ultra response for the throttle channel in FHSS4 solved the problem.

I dunno if this is the issue or maybe part of it... but i figured it was worth mentioning if it can help.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hefe
any way to get more power for my servo without a bec? CC bec died on me this weekend and took out $300 worth of electronics with it...im hoping I can find a way to get decent steering without the risk of running a BEC. hooked it all up without the bec and forgot how underpowered it is..these aren't high voltage servos either.
wish the BEC was adjustable in the rx8
I would like to find some information on this as well. Do you know how much voltage the RX8 BEC produces?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.