Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Push
Hey guys, I just picked up a b6.1, but I wanted a 6.1D. Got a good deal, and I'll be converting it to the D. With the laydown gearbox, is it just a matter of swapping the internals from the 6.1 over to the laydown box? Also, the only difference I could find between the two kits in terms of parts that I would need to convert to the D, is the rear shock tower, springs, and laydown case - is there any other parts that I need to make the swap?

Thanks.
I asked same question. Go back 5 pages
Push likes this.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dogbone418

I asked same question. Go back 5 pages
K, thanks. I figured it's probably been asked 100 times on these forums, but I wasn't able to locate an answer.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just picked up a b6.1, but I wanted a 6.1D. Got a good deal, and I'll be converting it to the D. With the laydown gearbox, is it just a matter of swapping the internals from the 6.1 over to the laydown box? Also, the only difference I could find between the two kits in terms of parts that I would need to convert to the D, is the rear shock tower, springs, and laydown case - is there any other parts that I need to make the swap?

Thanks.
Unless you're going to run on lower grip surfaces, you might already be pretty close. Try starting with a ball diff and the spring/piston combination for dirt. That is what many are running successfully on dirt. I run a "D" and am happy with it, but most at my medium+ grip track run the laydown setup.
Push likes this.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

K, thanks. I figured it's probably been asked 100 times on these forums, but I wasn't able to locate an answer.
laydown/layback have different idler gears.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think you will require the D shock tower as this is only required with the D shocks which are slightly longer in the body.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pistol123
I don't think you will require the D shock tower as this is only required with the D shocks which are slightly longer in the body.
I would stick with the shorter rear shock tower and short shock bodies unless you have a very bump track with big jumps.
Pistol123 and trf211 like this.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Thanks.
I have a B6.1 and used to race in carpet ..... then clay at OCRC .... then decided to just race at Hot Rod Hobbies Raceway which is 5 minutes away from my house ...and it's a dirt wet track.

The things I changed was move the rear shocks to the back...replace gear diff to ball diff, change pistons, springs, and shock oil, ran a battery weight, change tires,. and use Ray Munday's dirt setup.

Buggy handles awesome...turns like a dime.
Push likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Mounting motor fan

Newbie question here. How do you mount a motor fan on your b6.1? I have seen a few options: a) angled mount from exotek directly on the motor itself, b) custom 3d printed chassis brace from shapeways, c) battery brace/fan mount from schelle. Would you recommend one over the other? Thank you in advance!
Old 05-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chajnik
Newbie question here. How do you mount a motor fan on your b6.1? I have seen a few options: a) angled mount from exotek directly on the motor itself, b) custom 3d printed chassis brace from shapeways, c) battery brace/fan mount from schelle. Would you recommend one over the other? Thank you in advance!
i asked the same question. Someone said to tape to the chasis using a 30 mm fan point it toward the motor. I see this set up on a lot of the team driver cars. I can say the room is tight and if you have the layback tranny if wont fit.

The cleanest look is using the exotek mount imho.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Double sided taped to the chassis directly next to the motor in the remaining space left in the battery tray area. This only works with the laydown transmission and battery forward but it fits very well and blows air down the side of the motor as well as on the end bell.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Associated direct drive for turf

I thought I read somewhere that there's a revised version of the AE direct drive that can be used on turf (full size idle gear), but I can't find it anywhere.

At the AE site the pictures shows a full size idle gear but they do mention that it's not intended for carpet/turf use. Has anyone had any experience with it? Or is Schelle lockout still the way to go?
Old 05-02-2019, 01:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
I thought I read somewhere that there's a revised version of the AE direct drive that can be used on turf (full size idle gear), but I can't find it anywhere.

At the AE site the pictures shows a full size idle gear but they do mention that it's not intended for carpet/turf use. Has anyone had any experience with it? Or is Schelle lockout still the way to go?
Idler? or topshaft? I thought AE revised the topshaft to be wider. I use the avid sliper, because it is the most simple and uses the kit slipper topshaft. The avid is nicer than the schelle.
m3rcfh likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Yes, the laydown makes it easier to get a fan behind the motor. But for me the laydown drove like crap and I only do doughnuts with it, lol.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Idler? or topshaft? I thought AE revised the topshaft to be wider. I use the avid sliper, because it is the most simple and uses the kit slipper topshaft. The avid is nicer than the schelle.
My bad, I meant topshaft! Was thinking on idler stripping when I wrote and had it backwards.

So with the short topshaft revised to be wider, it would be the same as the Schelle lockout (or the Avid lockout option), as they work with the stock longer full size topshaft, right? Shouldn't have any stripping issues
Old 05-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
My bad, I meant topshaft! Was thinking on idler stripping when I wrote and had it backwards.

So with the short topshaft revised to be wider, it would be the same as the Schelle lockout (or the Avid lockout option), as they work with the stock longer full size topshaft, right? Shouldn't have any stripping issues
less issues....I think the laydown idler is suppose to be less issues than the layback idler. I run the layback, avid lockout and NON cut gears with issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.